MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT
Has bestowed Karma : 15 times
Received Karma : 231 times

Taming the wild west

Post by MadMoonMan »

Claps hands. The planning is so very much a part of a grow. It's delicious detail. Pictures of future in the eye. :) Looking forward.

May there never be an end to adventure and exploration!

Death to tyrants and bury all psychopaths head first in the sand!
Just because I can't spell misanthrope doesn't mean I'm completely stupid.

TheGhost
some karma
some karma
Custom Title: my custom title

Taming the wild west

Post by TheGhost »

Last edited by TheGhost on Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheGhost
some karma
some karma

Taming the wild west

Post by TheGhost »

Another thing I tried with this winter/spring grow was using forestry tubes for the plants.

Forestry tubes are square and have ribs running down the inside to keep the roots going straight down instead of circling, and are open at the bottom. They sit in special racks that keep them off the ground. The idea is to stop root circling by the roots getting air pruned when they get to the bottom of the tube.

If you plant a plant that has roots circled around the pot into the ground, then the roots will continue to circle around rather than go straight down to look for water.

But I don't think forestry tubes are much good for winter/spring growing, as for winter/spring growing you need the plant a decent size before you put it outdoors to flower.

So in forestry tubes, because they are fairly small, you have a large leaf to root ratio, and when you put them out they need watering frequently till the roots can grow out into the surrounding soil. as at the start they have a small root mass to water a much larger plant.

They would be better for main season grows, as you would not have to grow the seedling or clone very big before you put them out, just enough to get the roots established and a few sets of leaves.
This way there would not be many leaves to tax the root system while waiting for it to grow out of the confines made by the forestry tube, meaning it would not need watering daily at first.

The good thing about forestry tubes is you can carry a fair few at once, as they are long and skinny, and a lot can be packed into a box to transport to the site.

Have taken some black widow clones, so hopefully they will go out just after the middle of spring, and hopefully that will be late enough that they wont pre-flower.

TheGhost
some karma
some karma

Taming the wild west

Post by TheGhost »

Last edited by TheGhost on Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 71 times
Received Karma : 131 times

Taming the wild west

Post by Jesús Malverde »

I've never thought guerrilla grows that require watering were a viable plan but I hope I'm wrong this time. Good luck.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

TheGhost
some karma
some karma

Taming the wild west

Post by TheGhost »

Jesús Malverde wrote:I've never thought guerrilla grows that require watering were a viable plan but I hope I'm wrong this time. Good luck.
There are few places in the world where you can plant weed and the natural rainfall is regular enough in summer that you don't have to water them.

Fact of life is most people have to water their grows.

TheGhost
some karma
some karma

Taming the wild west

Post by TheGhost »

///////////////////