Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1792 times
Received Karma : 1578 times

Week 07

Post by Intrinsic »

Week 07
Still veggin' ...
Week07.JPG
Nothing to see here, move on. Stay off the grass.

nobodyknew
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot
Custom Title: Intangibles Inc.
Has bestowed Karma : 8 times
Received Karma : 6 times

Yet Another Heirloom Grow

Post by nobodyknew »

Damn they look cute - well done....
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime,somewhere someone said to themselves
"You know - I really want to set those people over there on fire but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." George Carlin R.I.P

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Week 08

Post by Intrinsic »

Messed up a little, temps outside were 24F and forgot I still had the heater plugged into the light timer strip, wasn’t using the heater yet,just testing it. I’m fine with 40F inside the room with lights out.
So when I turned the heater on I forget it would go off with the lights too.
It was 26F in there in the mourning when I caught it, curses!

Week 08
Some a little droopy from the freeze.
Week08a.JPG
They bounced back today fine, still raising the lights every day.

For those who have followed my little grow logs, know I would've usually already LSTed the plants well before transplant. This year jes letting ‘em go, hope it don’t bite me in the ass later when I Do need to tie ‘em down, training is easier when younger then later. I did pinch one for fun tho.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by Intrinsic »

OK got ‘em sexed. 11 confirmed females. 4 confirmed males and 3 dunnos I’m assuming are males too.

Now this where gardening becomes much less of a science and more of an art.

I havta choose which 7 females to transplant and keep. Not much to go on but gut feeling.

I know one of the males I’m keeping, but I have a choice to keep the big lush one or the short branching one?

sockme

Post by sockme »

good job with the babies....I think its cool ya select males carefully that's what I do too....theres a science to it sorta just based one common sense but there is also very much a talent n art a choosing the right male.....for me if I have several males I like and have to choose one the last factor is how dank they smell after a good stem rub...lol sometimes though if I got two males I love a lot like the female phenos I like I breed with two males......lol but I usually only try to let pollen fly a one particular type at a time......I don't know hardly much about breeding but that's what I go by....I like a male that grows n looks profile wise like an ideal female not too big not too lil.....for me the males I think are bad ass girls and disappoint me often are champions......don't ya think its weird that in bio everyone knows a males genes has a super influence on the next gen but with cannabis ya hear shit loadss about amazing female flowers n cuts all the time but nothing hardly about bad ass stud cuts..............hmmmmmmn wonder if that's part the reason why shits getting watered down or at best we are goin in circles with new weed..........

anyhows great work ....peace

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Week 09

Post by Intrinsic »

Week 09
Finished transplanting. 7 in 4 gallon pots and two in one gallon off on the side, inusrance if something happens to the big ones.
Week09.JPG

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 71 times
Received Karma : 131 times

Post by Jesús Malverde »

Picking keepers is art. If there are no obvious traits one is looking for--and there usually aren't--I just select for vigor or scent. I do think scent even in immature plants can be a useful tipoff to the mature plants' chemotype*. When in doubt go with vigor.

*loosely used here to define the chemical makeup of the plant
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: eye the witch Melancholy
Has bestowed Karma : 33 times
Received Karma : 28 times

Post by bentech »

all my chemistry grad friends use to say that smell was very useful for centuries for determining chemical makeup's and to this day were very good idicators of a compound components
"we must strive to become good ancestors" nader
https://www.myplanetganja.com/viewforum.php?f=48
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Week 10

Post by Intrinsic »

Week 10 and still no florescence, thinking of doing the 36 hour dark thing again, to kick start it, Tho it has only been a week of 12/12.
The males are currently in their 48 hours of darkness to kick start flowers.

Tucking leaves down to allow the branches to catch up for a even canopy. Only cutting ‘em, except to use as decoration on a canna-pumkin pie. :mrgreen:
4 of ‘em tied down (LST). The rest seem to be bushing sorta ok with just leaf tucking.
Fairly even canopy for a min amount of work I’d say.
Week10.JPG
Week10.JPG (92.67 KiB) Viewed 1993 times

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Week 12

Post by Intrinsic »

Week 12

Flowers! finally getting some flowers. woo-hoo.