Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: nOT-a-Bob
Received Karma : 1 time

twilsons grow blog

Post by twilson »

Day 1
grow blog.jpg
Soil is miracle grow potting mix which has perlite, peat moss and ferts added which I assume is miracle grow ferts. The bag says it has enough ferts for 30 days. After that I plan to go with fish emulsion to make it an organic grow. I read a long time ago thwat in an organic grow you don't have to worry about pH. Just pour on your water ( I use rainwater ) and ferts and forget about pH.

Extra perlite and peat moss have been added. It's about half MG potting mix at this point and the rest is half perlite and peat moss.

The seeds are white widow. I poured a very small amount of water on the seeds which are about half an inch underground with the pointed end of the seed facing up.

The containers are cut off half gallon milk containers. They are 4 inches by 4 inches by 4 inches.

When the seeds sprout I'll post another pic.

Just for the record I've had 7 good grows in my life ( 4 down in Florida 2 of which were indoor and 2 outdoor. 3 good grows in this box. Last 5 grows have all failed from excessive yellowing.

One of my Florida grows had plants that were about 8 or 9 feet tall out in the woods. A couple of the plants might have been close to 10 feet tall.
Last edited by twilson on Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If Muley can scruff along i can too.

twilson
Karma God
Karma God

twilsons grow blog

Post by twilson »

J13 has a grow with pics on this website where he used miracle grow potting mix ( like I'm using ) and his plants looked excellent.

Roots

twilsons grow blog

Post by Roots »

We'll need a room Pic too....where all lights and fans are with temp and light cycle

twilson
Karma God
Karma God

twilsons grow blog

Post by twilson »

Roots wrote:We'll need a room Pic too....where all lights and fans are with temp and light cycle
My previous pictures of my grow cabinet along with description of set up.

http://www.myplanetganja.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8428" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lights 16 hours on 8 hours off.

Temps when lights off are about 73. Temps when lights on about 77.

Temps might vary a few degrees up or down but not much. My fan is way overpowered for the cabinet size.

If I crank it up to 65 percent of full voltage it really sucks wind.

Roots

twilsons grow blog

Post by Roots »

Start the plants in a sun lit window or something, maybe use just a 4' fluorescent in an open room.....if you have to start in that box the door should be all the way open and as far from the 150 as can be.....I like to crack my seeds before I plant but your way is fine too.

Roots

twilsons grow blog

Post by Roots »

....also move up to 18/6.....I like 20/4 or 24/0

twilson
Karma God
Karma God

twilsons grow blog

Post by twilson »

Roots wrote:Start the plants in a sun lit window or something, maybe use just a 4' fluorescent in an open room.....if you have to start in that box the door should be all the way open and as far from the 150 as can be.....I like to crack my seeds before I plant but your way is fine too.
Yeah I always leave them out of the box till they crack. Then they go into the box on the floor and they slowly get moved up. After about a week they are about 5 inches from the glass on the hood.

Roots

twilsons grow blog

Post by Roots »

...at what point are they yellowing...?...are they making it to the 5" point...?

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT
Has bestowed Karma : 15 times
Received Karma : 231 times

twilsons grow blog

Post by MadMoonMan »

Do not fertilize .. period .. till you go to flowering. As long as your seeds are healthy you won't need to fertilize and if you do you can disrupt the system.

Perfectly, you don't need much if any, fertilizer for young tender plants. Fertilizer is salt it can burn tender babies.

They have an amazing amount of stored energy plus they don't eat very much relatively speaking .. tiny molecular chemical exchange occurs. Cat jumps over the keyboard to other side successfully. Second cat prepares to jumps but hesitates and looking sideways lays down slowly and softly only in the way cats can or un-hairy pythons.

Your fertilizer has already been added in if you don't know what your doing don't try to adjust it.
Just because I can't spell misanthrope doesn't mean I'm completely stupid.

twilson
Karma God
Karma God

twilsons grow blog

Post by twilson »

Roots wrote:...at what point are they yellowing...?...are they making it to the 5" point...?

They start to yellow at about 10 to 12 days old. I'd say they are only about 3 inches tall when they start to yellow. They do keep growing but they as they continue to grow the yellowing keeps progressing from the bottom leaves up. Only about the top two or three nodes stay green.