Jack Herer, 125w LED and 42w CFL

Growing in electric sunshine
jesus

Day 20

Post by jesus »

About a third of the way through. Any comments or suggestions are welcome. I'm not too impressed so far but I'm not disappointed either. Here's some pics.

day 20_2.JPG
One plant is taller than avg. Two are shorter and therefore raised up. The other 3 are close to the exact same height, what I just called the avg.
Day20_3.JPG
Day 20_4.JPG
Day 20_4.JPG (1.15 MiB) Viewed 4058 times
Closer.
Day 20_5.JPG
Day 20_5.JPG (1013.96 KiB) Viewed 4058 times
Day 20_6.JPG
Day 20_6.JPG (920.28 KiB) Viewed 4058 times
Last edited by jesus on Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

anu
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Has bestowed Karma : 4 times
Received Karma : 16 times

Post by anu »

good thing you didn't take arb's advice,we don't want those bitches to bleach out lol
good job Jesus
who's JH are they ? Marc Emery's or Nirvana ?
The notion of collective ownership implies a democratic approach to the utilization of resources - economic democracy.

jesus

Post by jesus »

anu wrote:good thing you didn't take arb's advice,we don't want those bitches to bleach out lol
good job Jesus
who's JH are they ? Marc Emery's or Nirvana ?
Sensi Seeds

I took the advice of someone who has experience with LEDs and with the brand I chose. They have 90 degree lenses, any closer and Id have colored spotlights on the plants. The short experience I had with them before I redid the light showed they will bleach and cause weird growth.

jesus

Post by jesus »

First grow I have done that not a single leaf has died or even yellowed. Even at the bottom. The soil is now 17" away from the light. I did trim up the bottoms a few days ago.

I had meant for them all to be the same height as the shortest plant up there, but they rooted at diff times. I will work on that next round. I left them in the peat pellets hoping theyd not grow much until they were all rooted but that apparently was not enough. Those that rooted first took off first and stretched a whole lot.

jesus

Post by jesus »

Ralles confirmed that crops grown in greenhouses covered with Kool Lite 380 need to be watered less than those grown under other coverings. In fact, when the product was first introduced, growers reported an increase of stretching. Investigations showed that this was because the growers had not adjusted their watering schedules for the new covering. Decreasing water tables eliminated the stretching.
This is from a commercial site about greenhouse products. The article in particular is talking about films to block certain wavelengths. KL380 blocks green light.

http://www.gpnmag.com/greenhouse-structures-article2267" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Any of you know this? This may have part of my problem. In the beginning I watered more. LED growing definitely uses less water.

roller24
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 331 times
Received Karma : 493 times

Post by roller24 »

No expert, but I would imagine the lack of heat would be the main reason for this, less evaporation in cooler climate.

arb
Karma Whore
Karma Whore
Custom Title: 4/5's tarded
Has bestowed Karma : 119 times
Received Karma : 77 times

Post by arb »

I asked a question and gave no advice at all.
But not listening to me is usually a good bet.
I gotta say it seems that for 300 to 400 bucks ya got enough for 1 small plant or all them tiny ones in cups that seemingly aint gonna yield enough to keep you in smoke till the next harvest.
I don't quite see where the advancement in anything has come in yet or am I missing something?
I commend you on not burning the place down though.
Vaya con Dios HB

jesus

Post by jesus »

Knowing my growing skills it might be a couple grows before you see any advancement. :)

Better growers than me are getting anywhere from 1.2 to 2 gpw with LED. Most HID users are still striving for 1gpw. Look around the internets.

Even by LED standards this is still a small light.

I dont smoke much, 1oz a month, and even at 1 gpw I would end up with excess. Well I smoke all the time, but I am blessed with little tolerance build up.

I definitely need better technique. Messed up from the beginning with the clones. Prolly too much green light (and water) caused a lot of stretch if you read that article up there. Might ditch the CFL totally or at least the first 2 weeks of flower next time. I'm going to reserve any judgements until at least the end of this grow, but after 3 or so will be a lot better.

As far as advancement, these LEDs are rated for 100k hours until output drops to 90%. Thats 11.4 years of on time at 24 hours a day. 22 years at 12/12. Most decent growers are also getting the same yield for half the electricity, or the same yield for 50-60% of their old HID wattage. Other than my lack of skill there is plenty of advantage.

Thanks for the interest Arb. Peace.

arb
Karma Whore
Karma Whore
Custom Title: 4/5's tarded
Has bestowed Karma : 119 times
Received Karma : 77 times

Post by arb »

Thanks for the well thought out reply,I wish you nothing but luck.
Vaya con Dios HB

jesus

Post by jesus »

arb wrote:Thanks for the well thought out reply,I wish you nothing but luck.
Thx man. Even if you dont mean it. :p