Jack Herer, 125w LED and 42w CFL

Growing in electric sunshine
Wee 'zard
needs karma
Custom Title: Hawaiian Inebriatti

Chortle.

Post by Wee 'zard »

jesus wrote:Of course you think it's a good move. It was your advice! :)

F6 huh? These are all F1's and being clones theyre all female! The seeds were $$ and only 5 sprouted (fungus gnats larvae got the others I think) two of which were male.

I like your title! Welcome to the smallest MJ community on the net.

Mahalo nui for da e komo mai!
Aside from the crappy text editor, I think I'm gonna like it here.

I am not sure clones would make it from here (PA) to there. If you know of a way lemme know and just ask. I figger I owe you anyway.

Aloha!
Notatall, J.!
Just some stuff I learned the hard way about the differences between HPS and LED growing.

But, if you feel in any way obligated, this thread should cover it nicely.
I get to see how Jack's dance in the purple haze without waiting another month or so. :smoke:
(If I was any good at waiting I'd be collecting tips at an uptown Bistro)

Fess up!
Dem roots were wound around da bottom of da cups yah?

And what I meant about drainage holes in the side of the cups was literal.
Just jam a sharp tool into the sides of the cups, at the bottom, and the drainage water does not get trapped under the cups.
Also, the faster water can run-off, the more suction it creates at the surface.
That draws in more air.

For your purposes it's good to limit the root depth as it helps curb the height of the plant.
But, adding lateral root room allows more and fatter buds.

We have a thread called "the pragmatic use of leds" by Hempyguy on an international site.
Some good information there.
Google it up, it's worth the read.

Back to lurk mode.
Weeze

Wee 'zard
needs karma
Custom Title: Hawaiian Inebriatti

Post by Wee 'zard »

Sorry 'bout da double post.

Takin' a while to get used to "being approved" :mrgreen:

Weeze
Last edited by Wee 'zard on Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jesus

Post by jesus »

Day 5

I think I have concocted a solution to being able to "see" almost exactly what a plant needs using a cameras custom white balance function.

I wanted to see what color a paper towel was under the light. While I took that picture it hit me that my cam allows you to take a picture of something white to tell the camera how to adjust under the current lighting conditions. Lots of cams have generic temp settings as well as mine. But by taking a picture of something white the cam will use that color temp to correct the picture. I usually just use auto.

Here is a picture of that.
IMG_0730.JPG
Then I told my cam, "hey bitch, thats supposed to be white!" Leaving me with these.
IMG_0735.JPG
IMG_0760.JPG
IMG_0761.JPG
So my thinking is that even though the camera is changing the color o the light that is there it cannot change what isnt reflected back. Since all the LEDs are putting out is red, orange, and blue the plants should be using most of the light. The leaves in the corrected pictures are pretty dark. This indicates to me that the plants are using most but not all the light.

I am supposing that with a plant and a few LEDs of differing spectrums you can experiment until the leaves reflect almost nothing back or showing as close to black in the picture as you can get. This has possible implications in differentiating what wavelengths are needed or not when in veg and flower also.

Or is my thinking wrong?

jesus

Post by jesus »

One more in which I made sure to block any light coming from behind me.
IMG_0763.JPG

jesus

Post by jesus »

Might even be able to use this feature to optimize distance from light to plant also. As photosynthesis starts to saturate you should start getting more light back into the lens yes? I will test that out later probably.

jesus

Post by jesus »

"Fess up!
Dem roots were wound around da bottom of da cups yah?"

Nope! They hadnt been in the cups for more than 2 weeks before I upcupped.

Gawd. I hate ICMAG. Had to register.

A Bloke Down The Pub
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Shaman to the Gentry

Post by A Bloke Down The Pub »

jesus wrote:Gawd. I hate ICMAG. Had to register.
You have my sympathy. :smoke:

jesus

Post by jesus »

"being approved"? New one on me. I was wondering how I missed your post though. It wasnt there!

Hey Smokes - Weez is no troll. Can we get that fixed?

anu
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Has bestowed Karma : 4 times
Received Karma : 16 times

Post by anu »

ok ! lets get those lights right down on the plant now,quit fuckin around,lets see some growth,at the distance they burn your hand ok,just deal with,you ain't showed us nuffin
The notion of collective ownership implies a democratic approach to the utilization of resources - economic democracy.

jesus

Post by jesus »

If I get the light right down on the plants they will stop growing and bleach from too much light.

For the Weez, heres my drain holes cut with scissors 180 degrees apart.

Finally got approved at ICM and read that thread. Weird that I did that experiment on electrifying the soil for a science fair back in 7th grade (1985) and got a D while the other students all did repeat experiments for A's. Gifted and talented my ass. Apparently I was ahead of my time. :emp:

:mrgreen:
IMG_0932.JPG
Now were on to Day 9. starting to notice more pistils.

day9-3.JPG
day9-3.JPG (1.44 MiB) Viewed 4212 times
Peace.
Last edited by jesus on Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:21 am, edited 2 times in total.