Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 71 times
Received Karma : 131 times

my search for old thai * seed to finish

Post by Jesús Malverde »

Thai basically can only be grow to potential outdoors in the tropics, and in a market like North America that is no longer dependent on imported weed there's just no business sense in it any longer. If I was looking for straight seventies Thai genetics, I'd go directly to Australia where the old hippies in the hills still grow it.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

Dick Cheese
good karma
good karma
Custom Title: chongo miqeuma mi nalgas

Post by Dick Cheese »

Remember Vision Thai from Vision Creator ?

Yea, this stuff.....

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by Jesús Malverde »

Doesn't look much like Thai, but it shows promise.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

Lrus007
Advanced Grower
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: hash and oil maker
Has bestowed Karma : 1113 times
Received Karma : 1744 times

Post by Lrus007 »

yes i do dick
i grew some out. good pot but not thai flavor.

also jesus i had a thai was stolen long ago.
it had the flavor/high and grew fine indoors.
My therapist says I am a habitual liar and an attention seeker, therefore nothing I say/write is true and under no circumstances should I be believed nor held accountable for anything I say. all photo's are paintings

People are born with the instinct to fight against their own death, to struggle with their last breath against even the most unavoidable and uncompromising ends.

Sconeofark
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo
Custom Title: Burning Sensation
Received Karma : 1 time

Post by Sconeofark »

Zombie thread crawls out of the crypt:

It isn't really gone.

The reality of cannabis genetics, there are no strains. There are only individual plants made from two hemp escapees, kushes and hazes. Hazes are rope hemp escapees and carry the skunky flavor and phenotype of the tall fiber hemp. Kushes are seed hemp escapees and carry the berry flavor and short stature of seed hemp varieties. The two types of drug var cannabis both carry a citrus phenol flavor that cleans up as you get farther from the hemp they came from.

The flavors that result from this are tangerine and orange for kushes as berry gets more citrus, and hazes are grapefruit lemon as skunk gives way to citrus.

Hemp runs from berry through hempy to skunky, and drug var cannabis has a citrus phenol flavor. These two sets of flavor make up the entire base palette of flavor profiles we identify as strains. The pure drug var flavor is mixed with varying degrees of hemp to yield a dizzying array of flavor profiles such as minty and chocolate. Hemp being the source of most of the nuance as it has a more complete set of terpenes ect. The deal we have to make with the devil to get our good stuff is cleaning most of that nuance out in the selection of a good plant.

A thai is what happens when a clear haze like a Columbian gets some berry in it.

Short ver Tangie + Columbian = Thai, select for the haze side. You will have to run a freakin huge ass batch to get a few with clean flavor. This is because any genetics that cross over from berry kush to lemon haze will have to go through allot of hemp. This is also true for diesels which are pure kush with some skunk.

[image]https://www.opengrow.com/uploads/monthl ... 907330.jpg[/image]

The trick to getting' that plant' is running large batch selections and sifting for a clean profile.
Is it dry yet?

Lrus007
Advanced Grower
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by Lrus007 »

unless some old timer has it, it is gone scone
My therapist says I am a habitual liar and an attention seeker, therefore nothing I say/write is true and under no circumstances should I be believed nor held accountable for anything I say. all photo's are paintings

People are born with the instinct to fight against their own death, to struggle with their last breath against even the most unavoidable and uncompromising ends.

Sconeofark
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo
Custom Title: Burning Sensation
Received Karma : 1 time

Post by Sconeofark »

You are right of course, what is gone is gone.

I don't call mine a Thai or anything of the sort. What I am saying is you can breed a pterodactyl with chickens. It won't actually 'be' a pterodactyl, it would just be a giant chicken, but it will be the same size and it would look act and even taste like one.

But we still have the whole box of legos.

The part that needs doing regardless of the source genetics is the work of starting lots of the resulting seed from the cross flowering them and sifting the results for your target profile. Once you've made more than one of these you can cross those and get an even better example of it.

A favorite trick of mine at this point is to take two different lines inbred to the same basic profile and femming one female plant to cross with the other one.

Start fem seed of the cross and save lots of time space ect.

You are right that we will never get a real Thai, but if you can describe the profile and high you can find it.
Is it dry yet?

deran
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: time bandit
Has bestowed Karma : 63 times
Received Karma : 107 times

Post by deran »

my best friend is atm in thailand

scoring

we will see

he wrote some notes, speaking in the highest dimensions one can, also knowing indoor stuff, i mean, he is able to judge

within a year, regarding my timeline, i will be deselecting ladyboys, and while that, you can talk about gone is gone is gone ... lol

:gadday:
awoken the right way

Lrus007
Advanced Grower
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by Lrus007 »

deran i do wish you the best of luck.
i had several people in thailand seed me seeds.
they grew nice sativas. but did not have the flavor
or the kick of old thai.

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by Jesús Malverde »

After numerous reports from Thailand the past few years, I think the line that made Thai sticks appears to no longer exist in Thailand. The closest I've ever seen was a plant I grew from a Joey Weed Surprise Pack that had the correct aroma and flavor. There are rumors the Thai stick line is still grown in Laos —and that may have been where the original was actually grown— but that may just be idle gossip.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow