my search for old thai * seed to finish

Growing in electric sunshine
Dick Cheese
good karma
good karma
Custom Title: chongo miqeuma mi nalgas

Post by Dick Cheese »

The taste comes from the cure as much as the herb.

Anyone who has ever smoked the *old school* thai (specifically the chocolate loose thai bud) will ever forget it. The small stick was not as good and the large stick 'Buddha thai' was a close second.

Initial taste was chocolate and caramel with a black pepper/cinnamon spicy taste undertone with a after taste of the best Nepalese temple ball hash ever made.

Yep, thread necropolis.....come from the dead

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 71 times
Received Karma : 131 times

Post by Jesús Malverde »

The distinctive Thai scent still sometimes wafts from baggies of new" superpot". The genes were definitely blended into multiple lines. I grew some Joey Weed Mix seeds and had two plants that came out smelling completely Thai after the cure and and they finished outdoors. Good work JW!
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

Lrus007
Advanced Grower
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: hash and oil maker
Has bestowed Karma : 1111 times
Received Karma : 1741 times

Post by Lrus007 »

good to hear. i grew out over 20 *thai's some from
thailand and some from many seed banks. far as i know
it is gone. unless some old timer has it and has had it a long time.
RIP thai
Lrus007
My therapist says I am a habitual liar and an attention seeker, therefore nothing I say/write is true and under no circumstances should I be believed nor held accountable for anything I say. all photo's are paintings

People are born with the instinct to fight against their own death, to struggle with their last breath against even the most unavoidable and uncompromising ends.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1792 times
Received Karma : 1578 times

Post by Intrinsic »

no mo thai!?! say it ain't so ma! It seemed so ubiquitous in the 70's...

Lrus007
Advanced Grower
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by Lrus007 »

i miss it a lot, sad to say it's gone.
Lruss
My therapist says I am a habitual liar and an attention seeker, therefore nothing I say/write is true and under no circumstances should I be believed nor held accountable for anything I say. all photo's are paintings

People are born with the instinct to fight against their own death, to struggle with their last breath against even the most unavoidable and uncompromising ends.

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by Jesús Malverde »

Thai basically can only be grow to potential outdoors in the tropics, and in a market like North America that is no longer dependent on imported weed there's just no business sense in it any longer. If I was looking for straight seventies Thai genetics, I'd go directly to Australia where the old hippies in the hills still grow it.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

Dick Cheese
good karma
good karma
Custom Title: chongo miqeuma mi nalgas

Post by Dick Cheese »

Remember Vision Thai from Vision Creator ?

Yea, this stuff.....

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by Jesús Malverde »

Doesn't look much like Thai, but it shows promise.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

Lrus007
Advanced Grower
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by Lrus007 »

yes i do dick
i grew some out. good pot but not thai flavor.

also jesus i had a thai was stolen long ago.
it had the flavor/high and grew fine indoors.

Sconeofark
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo
Custom Title: Burning Sensation
Received Karma : 1 time

Post by Sconeofark »

Zombie thread crawls out of the crypt:

It isn't really gone.

The reality of cannabis genetics, there are no strains. There are only individual plants made from two hemp escapees, kushes and hazes. Hazes are rope hemp escapees and carry the skunky flavor and phenotype of the tall fiber hemp. Kushes are seed hemp escapees and carry the berry flavor and short stature of seed hemp varieties. The two types of drug var cannabis both carry a citrus phenol flavor that cleans up as you get farther from the hemp they came from.

The flavors that result from this are tangerine and orange for kushes as berry gets more citrus, and hazes are grapefruit lemon as skunk gives way to citrus.

Hemp runs from berry through hempy to skunky, and drug var cannabis has a citrus phenol flavor. These two sets of flavor make up the entire base palette of flavor profiles we identify as strains. The pure drug var flavor is mixed with varying degrees of hemp to yield a dizzying array of flavor profiles such as minty and chocolate. Hemp being the source of most of the nuance as it has a more complete set of terpenes ect. The deal we have to make with the devil to get our good stuff is cleaning most of that nuance out in the selection of a good plant.

A thai is what happens when a clear haze like a Columbian gets some berry in it.

Short ver Tangie + Columbian = Thai, select for the haze side. You will have to run a freakin huge ass batch to get a few with clean flavor. This is because any genetics that cross over from berry kush to lemon haze will have to go through allot of hemp. This is also true for diesels which are pure kush with some skunk.

[image]https://www.opengrow.com/uploads/monthl ... 907330.jpg[/image]

The trick to getting' that plant' is running large batch selections and sifting for a clean profile.
Is it dry yet?