Growing in electric sunshine
Mrs Fly
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo
Custom Title: The miowing spider
Received Karma : 4 times

TrainWreck Scrog

Post by Mrs Fly »

I realy like your grow, very-well considered use of your space, and equipment, this is going to develop nicely!

K
-x-
"But let me have silence always, in the centre of the shouting- That is essential! Let me have silence so that no pin may drop And not be heard, and not a whisper escape us for all our spouting, Nor the needle's scratching upon this gramophone of a circular cosmic spot. Hear me! Mark me! Learn me! Throw the mind's ear open- Shut up the mind's eye-all will be music!"

Deej
Kosmic Karma
Kosmic Karma
Custom Title: Have a great day!

TrainWreck Scrog

Post by Deej »

I am liking being a 'voyeur' in other's grow threads..they inspire me :mrgreen:

Maribou Stork
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: Nightmares
Has bestowed Karma : 21 times
Received Karma : 34 times

TrainWreck Scrog

Post by Maribou Stork »

@ roller & FSM.....I had to veg for quite a while. Partly because I have the screen so far above the media/pots. It is about a foot before the plants touched the chicken wire screen and then I could start training. This height was originally chosen when the table was set up differently and I never bothered moving the eye hooks lower with the current setup, as it gives me more room under the screen. I would have enough room if it was only 6 inches above so maybe next time I'll get around to redoing it.....maybe....LOL....

Anyhow, the plants were in a vegging area for most of the time they were growing the first foot while my last crop of Super Nova was finishing, but once moved into the flowering cabinet and training started along the mesh, it was about a month before I flipped to 12/12. To get the most yield in the least amount of time, the better growing method would have been a SOG with about 24 plants flipped to 12/12 at 8 inches. I only had a couple of clones ready so I thought I would give ScRog another trial.

The drippers were pretty easy as they were there from previous grows. I have 20 drip lines because I usually use a number of pots and for going away this time I just stuck 10 in each of the two pots and set the timer for three minutes after determining it would take that long to pump a liter and a half into each pot

@ rSin, I don't have an original cut, but it isn't a cross either. Jojorzio used STS, a growth hormone to induce male flowers so it self pollinated itself and produced seeds.

@ the rest....thanks for following along.
Maribou Stork

Maribou Stork
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman

TrainWreck Scrog

Post by Maribou Stork »

Here is a picture on day 28. I took a couple of Gossip Girl's suggestions. This picture was taken with an F-stop of 8 and some blurred background was cropped. I also saved it for the web which brought the file size down.
TW28.jpg
Maribou Stork

PassionForMaryJane
good karma
good karma
Custom Title: ~Eternal Wisdom Seeker~

TrainWreck Scrog

Post by PassionForMaryJane »

Very nice looking SCROG you have going MS, makes me miss the TW I used to have.
It was the clone only TW, and was pretty good, it was just to heady of a high for me, I like a 50/50- balance, if not a 60/40 Indica/Sativa.
The high only lasted me like an hour and a half or so though, possibly due to me being such a hardcore smoker at the time...

Hope that turns out to be good smoke for ya, keep up the nice work!

Stay high, and stay safe!!!

Deej
Kosmic Karma
Kosmic Karma

TrainWreck Scrog

Post by Deej »

@MS...I managed to fiddle w/ my dig cam & got some great pics too..
however I could not post them in the full size that I managed to take :sad:

I have a 35mm SRLMinolta,but getting the film developed is not a safe thing to do.

You have it really going on here..NICE!!! :tup:
I will def be hanging around watching your lovely grow.Good Luck! :wave:

Maribou Stork
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman

TrainWreck Scrog

Post by Maribou Stork »

Day 35.....using the EFS 18-55mm lens that comes with the camera.
Day-35.jpg
Day35.jpg
5-weeks.jpg
Maribou Stork

Deej
Kosmic Karma
Kosmic Karma

TrainWreck Scrog

Post by Deej »

They really look great :tup:

Maribou Stork
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman

TrainWreck Scrog

Post by Maribou Stork »

Thank you Deej.

I got my RF control working for my external flash. I have to play around to find the right distance to have it set up but I am constrained by having the grow cabinet in the wood storage room. Good thing is most of the wood has been burned, though we have more left over than usual because of the mild winter we just went through on the East Coast.

Here is my first try at getting rid of the glare on the pistils that I was getting with the internal flash.
Day36.jpg
Maribou Stork

Maribou Stork
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman

TrainWreck Scrog

Post by Maribou Stork »

Today's showers have turned to snow....but not before I captured three 18.9 liter jugs of water. Our roof is made of galvanized steel so the water is fairly clean if you let the rain wash the roof for a spell before starting the collection. An old pair of pantyhose acts as a filter for leaves and sticks but once the pollen starts blowing, it's hard to keep that stuff out.

Those three jugs would cost me $7.80 to fill at the superstore if I had to buy RO. I have had to rely on store bought water for entire grows so I think of it as the most expensive part of growing.
Water-collection.jpg
The pantyhose is all the filtering I need if hand watering, but if I am going to use the drippers I will do a secondary cleaning by siphoning the water and running it through my 220u Bubblebag.
Water-filtering.jpg
Our tap water is over 800 ppm with a pH of +8.5, so it cannot be used for the plants by itself. Canna Coco nutrients, however, has been formulated with the assumption that ground water is being used so some nutrients are available. To satisfy this condition, I will mix enough tap water to bring the rain water or RO to 100 ppm and sometimes I will adjust the pH up if necessary, with a bit of the tap water.
Maribou Stork