Mrs Fly
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo
Custom Title: The miowing spider
Received Karma : 4 times

Mrs Fly's Garden of Mixed Delights

Post by Mrs Fly »

Hey again guys!!

Hax, I'm utterly confused by that vid, which leaves me ever so slightly more confused than the default level of confusion I'm normally at...cool...........I think?!?! :trix:

It's lovely to see you about Deej, I had read you were taking a break and I was sad to read that, but I also understand, hope all's well you neck of the big old marble on which we twirl and twirl and occasionally fart and then twirl again!

Everyone else, hello there!!!! :bannana:

Okay, not much to say I had decided to make something of an effort to journal these seed plants....

It's looking good. I'm giving them 12 hours under the sodium, and the last 6 under the 250w red fluoro....growth has accelerated tremendously, I'm getting the sort of results now that I used to see when I had the hallide, much more robust, internodal growth actually doing something, I'm much happier with things as they are now...

The White Rhino and Afghan have both sexed as females, the citral is unfortunately a male, which is a real shame as he appears to be a rather perfect plant, but he is so tiny!!

Anyway, 2/3 isn't too bad a ratio at all, I have also started some more seeds, this time I'm growing out my last Eclipse seed, and also having another whirl with the Solar Eclipse, hopefully this time I will get a female from them as I'm dying to know how this cross will turn out!
3seedlings.jpg
Did I mention I finally got my new hood? I'm curious to see if the growth improves as a result of concentrating the light onto the plants, rather than it just sort of floating off all over the cupboard, we shall see, as they say!

Also, flower is doing good, I should have 4 plants ready in the next 10 days, so I will have some nice budshots then, I would have taken pics just now but my light is on and they just look crappy and orange!!
newveghood.jpg
newveghood.jpg (98.94 KiB) Viewed 3582 times
Well, I don't really have much else to say, so have a nice week and take care everyone!

K
-x-
"But let me have silence always, in the centre of the shouting- That is essential! Let me have silence so that no pin may drop And not be heard, and not a whisper escape us for all our spouting, Nor the needle's scratching upon this gramophone of a circular cosmic spot. Hear me! Mark me! Learn me! Throw the mind's ear open- Shut up the mind's eye-all will be music!"

Hax
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: TrollMod™

Post by Hax »

For once the little plant is a male!!!
Click here for free iPod! > http://myplanetganja.com/ucp.php?i=unsubcribe&mode=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mos`Hamid AKzurie
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo
Custom Title: Not Site Admin

Post by Mos`Hamid AKzurie »

Mrs Fly wrote:Hey everyone!

, it takes forever and a day with a fluro to produce the kind of sidegrowth

Another con of the fluoro is that plants like to streeeeettttcchhh more and it's a total pain in the bum,

K
-x-
T5's :winky:

and the trick ...keeping the light 2 to 3 inches from the top of the plants :tup: I think the higher the light the more the stretch?

3 weeks from seed...G13xBSH HP pheno is what these were labeled... I assume these 4 are (F) seeing how the (M's) already showed ....

Gota Luv the Coco :howyoudoin:
G13 week 3.jpg
:whistle:
Make beans, not war

BAMF
Kosmic Karma
Kosmic Karma
Received Karma : 1 time

Post by BAMF »

^^^ dont look now buddy but those plants are in DIRT not coco :roflmao:

O`and shouldnt the T5's be rite on top the plant? Like 1/2 an inch? :facepalm:

roller24
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 331 times
Received Karma : 493 times

Post by roller24 »

Hax wrote:For once the little plant is a male!!!
I have a theory that the Males grow faster to get taller than the girls at pollination.
you cant drop pollen up onto a flower

Mos`Hamid AKzurie
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo
Custom Title: Not Site Admin

Post by Mos`Hamid AKzurie »

BAMF wrote:^^^ dont look now buddy but those plants are in DIRT not coco :roflmao:

O`and shouldnt the T5's be rite on top the plant? Like 1/2 an inch? :facepalm:
they r n dirt bamf, thanks for noticing ... I stared and kept these in dirt to insure slow growth due to lack of space.. :p

I honestly hadd no other choice... Im sure one dday some cuts will go into coco :roflmao:
Make beans, not war

Mrs Fly
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo
Custom Title: The miowing spider
Received Karma : 4 times

Post by Mrs Fly »

Heya Mos`Hamid AKzurie!

Nice pic, those G13xBSH are really nice and bushy, great job! I think I have this sorted now.....basically, the problem was that I had my fluoro light hanging so that I was using it vertical style and that just wasn't working.....also the cupboard is about 15ft high so the light wasn't concentrated where it could be best used, so the result was very stretched and straggly growth.....

I think we've got it sroted for now, the hood is most certainly making a difference since I got it....I've got a great example with the skunk I have in veg.....generally speaking, it's a lanky stretchy plant, since I got the hood the new growth is so much more compact and bushy, you can see what I mean in this picture, the lower 2/3 of the plant is very stretched out but you can see the top growth is so much better:
skunkbeforeandafterhood.jpg
I've also noticed that seedlings are no longer stretching like they did before, growth is nice and compact, the only thing I can say I'm missing now [from not using hallide to veg] is that fan leaves seem a bit smaller than with hallide, but everything is in proportion which is great....

Here's a couple seed plants:
seedlings.jpg
seedlings.jpg (66.72 KiB) Viewed 3498 times
I'm trying out Solar Eclipse again in the hopes I get a fem this time, it's my home hack of sensi star (the really crystally female on the front page of this journal....at least I had the brains to make some seeds) and Eclipse (basically bubblegum) I'm also growing my last Eclipse seed I bought in Amsterdam in 05....just to clear some room really.....so far it's a bit mutant in growth, weird leaves mostly, but it's now growing out of that stage!!

I'm also having lots of mold problems (botrytis) I've had to pull my last 2 harvest early on account of it.....I think the cause seems to be poor roots, I'm not getting very big roots lately and I think this is causing the coco to be too wet, which is all compounding when the buds are at the densest, so watering rations are cut right back, and I've bought some Rhizotonic to see if that can be improved, in the meantime I won't have anything ready for another week, so here are some pics of what's in flower, I had them all out of the tent earlier to thoroughly bleach it and scrub it down...I really hope I can get this issue resolved (poor roots aren't exactly going to be helping my yields either)

Anyway fingers crossed things improve!
lastofthe05marocs.jpg
g13pic1.jpg
g13pic1.jpg (85.17 KiB) Viewed 3498 times
lasteveryorangehills.jpg
lasteveryorangehills.jpg (85.28 KiB) Viewed 3498 times
sshxbblastever.jpg
someaks.jpg
someaks.jpg (93.4 KiB) Viewed 3498 times
whiterhino.jpg
Take care you lot!

K
-x-
"But let me have silence always, in the centre of the shouting- That is essential! Let me have silence so that no pin may drop And not be heard, and not a whisper escape us for all our spouting, Nor the needle's scratching upon this gramophone of a circular cosmic spot. Hear me! Mark me! Learn me! Throw the mind's ear open- Shut up the mind's eye-all will be music!"

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1317 times
Received Karma : 921 times

Post by Butcher Bob »

roller24 wrote:I have a theory that the Males grow faster to get taller than the girls at pollination.
you cant drop pollen up onto a flower
Air currents blow that theory.

:roflmao: ....I made a funny. :p

Note - This post is only for humorous value, not an actual challenge to theorization. :mrgreen:

BAMF
Kosmic Karma
Kosmic Karma
Received Karma : 1 time

Post by BAMF »

As always Mrs fly,,, excellent job :tup:

Seems ya got that stretch issue under control ^5
:bong4: