Anybody know the tobacco spider mite recipe?

Growing in electric sunshine
zem
some karma
some karma

Post by zem »

yes i agree with the above go hydro get rid of tha soil. i used to grow moms in soil and flower in hydro always had pests when i removed soil i never had a big problem i just need tp apply som h2o2 in my res to control larvae and i clean up my room and spray it with normal commercial pesticide between flowerings. now that you havethem already throw the tobacco crap and go for something more effective but if you have flowers your in trouble dont use chemicals on your flowers

tjo
good karma
good karma

Post by tjo »

hi
i have mites too.. :bigcry:
my plants are 11 days in veg.
tobacco spray is not work for me. can you suggest me something? :dunno:

roller24
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 332 times
Received Karma : 493 times

Post by roller24 »

Default Tobacco Spray for Spider mites
Ok... so i added like a teaspoon of garlic juice, a couple drops of habanero sauce, and the tobacco contents of a cigar, as a homemade spray for spidermites. I'm gonna soak it over night, and then boil it for a couple minutes tomorrow morning before i put it in the spray bottle. My question is for people who have used a similar spray- how effective will this spray be, and how will the spray effect the taste/ smell of my nugs?

thanx for the help,

Ganjaman

FAGjack
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: ~Marijuanero~
Has bestowed Karma : 1 time
Received Karma : 1 time

Post by FAGjack »

Butcher Bob wrote:
FAGjack wrote:sigh.............its not bullshit botcher bob...
When I've watched the fukkers busslin around buildin tents in 100% humidity....the bursting thing is bullshit. :winky:

...you don't think I tried humidity as a method of combat? I've used just aboot everything under the sun on the lil bastards, I gotta pretty good idea of how well stuff works against them.....or doesn't work.
Well I got the advice from Chimera back on Overgrow and with an increase in heat as well as humidity and Neeming almost every hour or so for 48 hrs it did in fact work.
Admirably so......... as I ran Cindy for a year or two without seeing them again .
Shame it didn't for you. :whistle:

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1332 times
Received Karma : 930 times

Post by Butcher Bob »

FAGjack wrote:...with an increase in heat...
See, you were tryin to make 'em active. :winky:
...I'm assumin to git the eggs to hurry & hatch so the Neem could do it's job.

I tried the Neem too. In my case it wuzn't very effective...jus caused a mold on top of my soil. :sad:

polish_pothead

Post by polish_pothead »

I would recommend Need oil, thing about that is that oil wants to float to the surface, so to apply it correctly, one should:

With Shake
For Each Shake in Loop

1) SHAKE, SHAKE
2) Spray for about 7-10 seconds

LOOP Until no more shake is necessary

End With Shake

LOL, seriously, it works, I spray even when I have no mites, as a preventative.
:-)

julianchalmers
some karma
some karma

Post by julianchalmers »

I have been using tobacco spray in the general garden for years and it works excellent. Not for tomatoes though, as they get tobacco mosaic virus.
When mites appeared on my pot plants this summer (indoor), I used it also with complete success.
To make a spray bottle full, I use:
Couple of pinches of tobacco/ 2-3 cigs (I have also used butts before, but I don't smoke cigs)
Add some garlic juice (few cloves crushed in some boiling water, strained)
Add 1/4tsp tabasco. Add 1/2tsp listerine.
Works on mites and aphids. Gives them diarahea, makes them impotent and causes aphids soft bodies to burst.
No success on Thripps. Thripps were eradicated using Neem Oil.

I tried Safers initially which caused plants to curl up badly. Seems they are quite phytoxic. Almost killed them.
Wilson's Aerosol Pyrythreum spray is wonderful also. Kills mites and doesn't hurt the plants. The fine mist covers a wide area, without soaking the leaves. I spray it every week lightly to control bugs in advance, especially those annoying fungus gnats, that seem to be ever present.

In a nutshell.
Thripps - Neem Oil
Aphids and Mites - Tobacco recipe or Wilson's Aerosol Pyrethreum (Canadian Tire sells it)
J

J.D.
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot

Post by J.D. »

Ladybugs. If you have a garden supply store that sells ladybugs or if you can purchase them online set them loose on your plants and the ladybugs will take care of your mite problems. They are voracious feeders, we LOVE the little critters at our nursery.

All_Natural
needs karma
Custom Title: 2New2knowIcanChangethis

Post by All_Natural »

Natural American Spirit. 10 cigs make a tea with them (No dont use the freakin butt or the paper). I do 10cigs with 1 litre of water, let it soak for at least two hours shaking it vigorously occasionally. Strain it and serve it with a regular bottle sprayer. IF you have ever smoked, do you remember getting that first cigarette down? Me personally I puked. Nicotine highs suck for us, Imagine what it does to them. I have tried this on about 25 types of food doing organic gardening for the free food!

It's 100% organic and I know its safe for the leaves, buds or soil. Just remember to spray both the top and bottoms of leaves and stems, as well as fruit. If it doesn't touch them it will not kill them. Make sure not to leave it on there longer than 10-30mins, depending on your light, the water may bleach your leaves (I did it on Lettuce, the sun burned spots where water was puddled) since they act as small magnifying glasses for light.

If you have a decent magnifying glass you can watch soft bodied inects OD on Nicotine!!!!!!! Most hard bodied bugs are resistant,

It works I promise.

O yeah when treating soil use 1tbsp unsulfured molasses per gallon of nicotine tea.

I have not used this indoors, only outdoors, in real dirt and pots alike where conditions can be harsh and stressful.

All_Natural
needs karma
Custom Title: 2New2knowIcanChangethis

Post by All_Natural »

While I would advise using pepper juice, I would not advise using the garlic, IT STINKS! lol... The hotter the pepper (Locally grown peppers are best) the more useful it is as insecticide.