Nice pic

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1332 times
Received Karma : 929 times

Episode II : Enter The Hellfire

Post by Butcher Bob »

Are you looking at/for specific traits throughout the project?.....if so, what are they?

Looking at the pic, I'm noting the red stem...and it got me to wondering if you are making any selections based on the presence/intensity of red in the stems, or at least noting it in the progression from generation to generation. I'm just kind of curious if it correlates with any other attributes/qualities. :dunno:

Mister Grafik
Karma Whore
Karma Whore
Custom Title: spliff ninja
Has bestowed Karma : 442 times
Received Karma : 319 times

Post by Mister Grafik »

Butcher Bob wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:45 pm
Are you looking at/for specific traits throughout the project?.....if so, what are they?

Looking at the pic, I'm noting the red stem...and it got me to wondering if you are making any selections based on the presence/intensity of red in the stems, or at least noting it in the progression from generation to generation. I'm just kind of curious if it correlates with any other attributes/qualities. :dunno:
Hey there Bob ~

Not sure if I fully understand the question. But...

The purpling in the stems are just traits from 2/3 original parents. I think the stems forming the outer layer of skin are directly related to the hardiness of the plant. I am not sure about ptency or anything else - and also noting it is quite pleasing to look at.

I am selecting for the bright reds. From early stages until later, but it's not really my main goal. I am treating that more as a 'signature'.
I really just wanted the HArdiness of the parents - the colors came with it.

"Die Purpurea Ticinensis ist eine schweizer Rothanf - Sorte. Sie ist das Ergebnis von acht Jahren Selektionsarbeit auf 1300 Meter Höhe, in den tessiner Bergen. Purpurea ist eine frühblühende rotstammige Sorte, die sich bei Kälte komplett purpurrot verfärbt. Sie wächst überall und hat keine Anpassungsprobleme. So ist sie auch gegen Schimmelkrankheiten sehr resistent. Wir sind stolz auf die Purpurea Ticinensis, weil sie eine schweizer Ursorte ist und einen geringen, naturbelassener THC-Wert besitzt. Sie ist als Zierpflanze oder wegen ihrem unglaublichen Geruch auch für die Produktion von aetherischen Oelen geignet."

"The Purpurea Ticinensis is a Swiss red hemp variety. It is the result of eight years of selection work at 1300 meters altitude, in the mountains of Ticino. Purpurea is an early flowering red-stemmed variety that turns completely purple in cold weather. It grows everywhere and has no adaptation problems. Thus, it is also very resistant to mildew diseases. We are proud of Purpurea Ticinensis because it is a Swiss original variety and has a low, natural THC value. It is suitable as an ornamental plant or for the production of essential oils because of its incredible smell."

Personally, My main goal was Pink Pistils - Bubblegum and Strawberry terpenes. Which was quite humbly captured from the first parents. 99% of these first gen children have pink pistils ~ The smells were harder to find. As anticipated.. Smells will more likely be nailed down in the f4-5 gens.

The cool thing about the plants coloration, aside from the stems - The Resin and the pistils / leaves change color. Not the buds themselves.

Although I had been hunting a flower that changes deep purple also. And recently found it... I desire the pink/purple resin more than the plant material. The plant material is very aesthetic though.

If look back and you see the Solo cup flower test, that is from the parent plant. Compared to the EPCK #04 plant, also dominant of the Old Purple however more of an OG structure in the flowers. It's pretty neat. I'm having some shock issues or something wrong with EPCK-4. But will figure it out.

I'm noting all the plants from gen to gen - but also am making outcrossings in which I will bring back to the original mother plant if the traits are there / and then looking to introduce the Chitrali P2 line and add some heritage effects back into it after raising the THC content.

Hopefully that kind of answers what you were asking? Still not sure -

Thanks for the Grow Karma Hal :smoke:
.: the underdog is my dawg :.

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God

Post by Butcher Bob »

Yeah, you pretty much nailed it.
Gives me a pretty good idea of what your goal is. :)

Mister Grafik
Karma Whore
Karma Whore

Post by Mister Grafik »

Butcher Bob wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:55 am
Yeah, you pretty much nailed it.
Gives me a pretty good idea of what your goal is. :)
Awesome. I have a good idea of what I wanted to set out and do but like all things, it is only a general thing I follow. Plans change - new plants come into the picture / accidents happen etc. It's why I try to take good notes and keep it clean.

I wasn't meaning to have the cross happen ; but it happened with the pink pistil / old PCK *leaning momma. And like I mentioned I am suprised and stoked that 99% of them carried over the pink pistil. I say 99% because I didn't get to go through the entire set, and also a few of them were pulled out/ one of them hermed on us after getting beat down etc. But they all showed pink that I saw.

Pretty neat imo

Happy Wednesdaze ~

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God

Post by Butcher Bob »

Mister Grafik wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:04 pm
The purpling in the stems are just traits from 2/3 original parents.
I am selecting for the bright reds. ...not really my main goal.
My main goal was Pink Pistils... Which was quite humbly captured from the first parents. 99% of these first gen children have pink pistils...
Are you finding the pink pistils to be a subset of red stems?
i.e. All pink pistils have red stems, but not all red stems have pink pistils.

The colorization associations are interesting. Your mention of...
Although I had been hunting a flower that changes deep purple also.
...got me to thinking aboot that.

When we were playing around with our project...

The mother, DJ's Blueberry, had red/purple in the stems, and a fair amount of purple in the calyxes.
The father, Sensi's Afghani #1, had no coloration...all green.
The progeny, the Hellfire, took after their dad...all green.

Then when I crossed one of the male progeny, with a different Blueberry mother (from the same seed batch as the original mother), to create Blue Hellfire...Blueberry (mother #2) X [Blueberry (mother #1) X Afghani (father)] (father)...the coloration reappeared. Those progeny had the same red/purple coloration in the stems as the Blueberry mothers, and had various coloration in the calyxes...from all green to completely dark purple. Some of those progeny had way more purple flowers than either of the Blueberry mothers.

...just some thoughts running through my head. :p

:smoke:

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God

Post by Butcher Bob »

Hmm...forgot aboot this...
Butcher Bob wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:09 am
...a comparison grow, testin the difference of breedin two strains, where the sex wuz switched. In this pic the three plants in back are Blueberry x Afghani, and the five in front are Afghani x Blueberry.

That was at least 8 years ago...thinking maybe 10 or 11 years? :dunno:

Here's the darkest one by itself...

Wish I had gone with the Afghani X Blueberry rather than the Blueberry X Afghani for the project. :p

Mister Grafik
Karma Whore
Karma Whore

Post by Mister Grafik »

Heya Butcher - I read quickly earlier and had to run.
Now I get to enjoy the post in full, smoke a spliff and give a reply :p

But i'll start with:
Those are some beautiful plants there ~