Episode II : Enter The Hellfire

Growing in electric sunshine
mistergrafik

Post by mistergrafik »

Butcher Bob wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:47 pm

True F1s have stablized and/or landrace parents...everything else is a bastardized poly-hybrid.

Pairing can be selected for different reasons...

- Selecting parents as different as possible, increases hybrid vigor in the progeny.

- Back crossing, or crossing two different lines of the same strain, can help replace unintentionally lost genetics.

- Crossing related hybrids, could help establish desired traits.

It just depends on what you are trying to accomplish.
A lot of times we just want to roll the dice and see what comes up.

:smoke:
Thanks for that Bob. I think maybe I will start calling a few of the less passionate crosses B1. They are more chucks than proccesses. I will have a focus group, but then pull in other proven clones and hit them all that are not part of the focus group.

One thing that interests me is BX. I am trying this now but several autos selected, take clones from an auto, reverse the chosen auto, hit the clones and the other plants, let the reversed plant sit for as long as you can, ripe the seed, pop the selections, collect the pollen, kill the reversal, flower the selections and then select, hitting the children with the parent pollen. Technically that is a BX right? S1 to BX? B1 to BX?

Also my theory is that it works even better this method with Photo x Auto crosses. You don't have to do another reversal at all you can use the SAME parent pollen and dial in the line that way.

I'm doing this as we talk here, no clue if it's going to work :smoke:

Instead of rolling the genetic dice. I like to call it loading them.

mistergrafik

Episode II : First Circle (Limbo)

Post by mistergrafik »

The Inferno describes Dante's journey through Hell, guided by the ancient Roman poet Virgil. In the poem, Hell is depicted as nine concentric circles of torment located within the Earth; it is the "realm ... of those who have rejected spiritual values by yielding to bestial appetites or violence, or by perverting their human intellect to fraud or malice against their fellowmen".

As an allegory, the Divine Comedy represents the journey of the soul toward God, with the Inferno describing the recognition and rejection of sin.

Harrowhell.jpg
Harrowhell.jpg (23 KiB) Viewed 672 times

Dante wakes up to find that he has crossed the Acheron, and Virgil leads him to the first circle of the abyss, Limbo, where Virgil himself resides. The first circle contains the unbaptized and the virtuous pagans, who, although not sinful enough to warrant damnation, did not accept Christ. Dorothy L. Sayers writes, "After those who refused choice come those without opportunity of choice. They could not, that is, choose Christ; they could, and did, choose human virtue, and for that they have their reward." Limbo shares many characteristics with the Asphodel Meadows, and thus, the guiltless damned are punished by living in a deficient form of Heaven. Without baptism ("the portal of the faith that you embrace") they lacked the hope for something greater than rational minds can conceive. When Dante asked if anyone has ever left Limbo, Virgil states that he saw Jesus ("a Mighty One") descend into Limbo and take Adam, Abel, Noah, Moses, Abraham, David, and Rachel (see Limbo of the Patriarchs) into his all-forgiving arms and transport them to Heaven as the first human souls to be saved. The event, known as the Harrowing of Hell, would have occurred in AD 33 or 34.

Dante encounters the poets Homer, Horace, Ovid, and Lucan, who include him in their number and make him "sixth in that high company". They reach the base of a great Castle – the dwelling place of the wisest men of antiquity – surrounded by seven gates, and a flowing brook. After passing through the seven gates, the group comes to an exquisite green meadow and Dante encounters the inhabitants of the Citadel. These include figures associated with the Trojans and their descendants (the Romans): Electra (mother of Troy's founder Dardanus), Hector, Aeneas, Julius Caesar in his role as Roman general ("in his armor, falcon-eyed"), Camilla, Penthesilea (Queen of the Amazons), King Latinus and his daughter, Lavinia, Lucius Junius Brutus (who overthrew Tarquin to found the Roman Republic), Lucretia, Julia, Marcia, and Cornelia Africana. Dante also sees Saladin, a Muslim military leader known for his battle against the Crusaders, as well as his generous, chivalrous, and merciful conduct.

Dante next encounters a group of philosophers, including Aristotle with Socrates and Plato at his side, as well as Democritus, "Diogenes" (either Diogenes the Cynic or Diogenes of Apollonia), Anaxagoras, Thales, Empedocles, Heraclitus, and "Zeno" (either Zeno of Elea or Zeno of Citium). He sees the scientist Dioscorides, the mythical Greek poets Orpheus and Linus, and Roman statesmen Marcus Tullius Cicero and Seneca. Dante sees the Alexandrian geometer Euclid and Ptolemy, the Alexandrian astronomer and geographer, as well as the physicians Hippocrates and Galen. He also encounters Avicenna, a Persian polymath, and Averroes, a medieval Andalusian polymath known for his commentaries on Aristotle's works. Dante and Virgil depart from the four other poets and continue their journey.

Although Dante implies that all virtuous non-Christians find themselves here, he later encounters two (Cato of Utica and Statius) in Purgatory and two (Trajan and Ripheus) in Heaven. In Purg. XXII, Virgil names several additional inhabitants of Limbo who were not mentioned in the Inferno.

mistergrafik

Post by mistergrafik »

Finally able to slide out and check on my plants again.

You wouldn't believe it but this hasn't been watered in 8 days. My Hydro Organix.
Last time we saw each other I took cuts but for some reason this one will not take root.

I have tried 3 different ways. Always starting with the tried and true.
I am going to give it a few more shots before we flower and figure out what's going on.
Stems are harder than other phenos. I have cuts ready of the other subjects. Remember 00,02,04.

The other gates have been closed. But not forgotten.
Hellfire-EPCK-04-17.jpg
The last time I tried to post the pic went sideways on me.. So trying again

Yeah still sideways. But when I click it goes normal.

Thanks for stopping through to the first level.
If someone sees Virgil can you let him know I've ben looking for him?

P.S. Don't touch the walls. They are on fire. :smoke:

mistergrafik

Post by mistergrafik »

My cat thinks she is a lion because that's what I tell her she is.

Cleeko-Growls.jpg
Just realized you guys never met Clicquot. She is the loves of my life.

Besides my plants.

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1332 times
Received Karma : 929 times

Post by Butcher Bob »

mistergrafik wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:09 pm
So there are two different sides to the coin but I want to ask about the one you mentioned Bob. Since I consider many thngs F1 even though might not be proper. (maybe there should be a new term for them B1 B2)

F1 (true F1) come from stabilized parents. Can you help me understand what classifies a stable parent?
It's still an F1 for labeling purposes...the first generation of combining two different things...just not a 'true' F1. The differentiation being uniformity. Stable parents produce uniform progeny, whereas non-stable parents produce variety among progeny...as far as I understand how it works.

A stable parent would be from a line that breeds true for selected traits uniformally...no variety.
mistergrafik wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:57 am
...take clones from an auto, reverse the chosen auto, hit the clones and the other plants, let the reversed plant sit for as long as you can, ripe the seed, pop the selections, collect the pollen, kill the reversal, flower the selections and then select, hitting the children with the parent pollen. Technically that is a BX right? S1 to BX? B1 to BX?
Yes, that sounds correct.
You have a pretty good understanding of this stuff. :)

Mister Grafik
Karma Whore
Karma Whore
Custom Title: spliff ninja
Has bestowed Karma : 442 times
Received Karma : 319 times

Post by Mister Grafik »

Damnit. Whoever made this thread sucks...

I should pick it up for them right where they dropped it at and skip to Episode III.

Reading a few of the posts above about true F1 and all these other things definitley adds another dimension to my works. I especially like the portion someone said about scientific approaches, numbers and charts in relation to bottlenecking markets.

If this guy doesn't come back I'll do em' a favor. Episode III

:emp:
.: the underdog is my dawg :.

Mister Grafik
Karma Whore
Karma Whore

Post by Mister Grafik »

I went to start episode III.. As I walked onto the set..

The director was like, what the fuck you doing!
Glanced around and said, my fault I'm in the wrong movie.

So insert Episode 2.5 here

Last edited by Mister Grafik on Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mister Grafik
Karma Whore
Karma Whore

Post by Mister Grafik »

mistergrafik wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 12:42 am

Was told if I don't find the best plant here and outcross it I'll be trapped forever.

So, Ur just in time 4 the Hellfire pre-party
Was the pre-party a bust?

Let's get you out of limbo, kid
WGHAOG-Flower-01.jpg
WGHAOG-Flower-02.jpg
WGHAOG-Flower-03.jpg
Hellfire-EPCK-04-27.jpg
SPM-42.jpg

deran
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman