Best or Preferred T5 Seedling, Cloning, Veg Lights 2021?

Growing in electric sunshine
WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: Turbine Powered Toker
Has bestowed Karma : 521 times
Received Karma : 217 times

Post by WhiteHotAfterburner »

Hopefull Stoner wrote:
WhiteHotAfterburner wrote:And, for that matter - any other opinions on Dequilo's excellent recommendation?

$119.99
10 Pack 4FT T8 LED Shop Light, 40W, 5200LM, 6500K Super Bright White, V Shape Tube Light.jpg
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0876 ... UTF8&psc=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:rollitiup:,
WHAB
i'll just say this and let you decide on your own. Amazon isn't a good place to get quality gear you expect your money's worth from. i use the site mainly to check reviews on gear that is touted in best of lists as being good as well as youtube videos. to date nothing has shown to be legit products worth my coin or that of most folks who value their coin. imho

https://www.amazon.com/product-reviews/ ... filter-bar" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

for veg light I'm liking the hlg 100 v2 $150 : 3'x3' footprint for veg Equivalent to 220W T5 or 300W CFL output or 200W metal halide.

i grabbed a 500w led from budgetled with a discount code15% off plan is to get a 100 v2 to replace my single shop light and 3 9w led's they do fine to allow me to prolong veg cycle but i want something that can make them take off more when i need them. i do still have a 250w mh that 6 seedlings are using currently while 3 males use the shop light and 2 9w leds for s little side lighting.
Good catch, my old friend! Not very good reviews at all.

However, Dequilo's results with them cannot be argued. He's getting amazing results with them.

Thank you for taking the time to point that out, Hopefull Stoner! I appreciate that! :tup:

Again, great to see you around! :tup:

:smoke:,
WHAB

joecool
some karma
some karma

Post by joecool »

WhiteHotAfterburner wrote:Any opinions on this setup, the light, I mean?...I got the other included items handled :winky:

$159.99
The attachment MARS HYDRO TS 1000W Led Grow Light.jpg is no longer available
https://www.amazon.com/MARS-HYDRO-Hydro ... Y1WKK?th=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

WHAB
I just started using the ts1000 so far it's a solid light for my needs in my veg space.
The only drawback is it doesn't have much of a light footprint. It's good for a bit over 4sqft. That being said I have mine in a space 20"×30" and it's vegging just fine now that I have enough heat in the area. I forgot to account for that in the beginning so my autos in there too are a bit stunted this round but my seedlings are taking off just fine. Here is my space I have it in right now.
IMG_20210304_204820977.jpg
if I can't be me, then who am I to be? :toker1:

dequelo
good karma
good karma
Received Karma : 4 times

Post by dequelo »

Good Day WHAB I have no dog in this fight I asked at OG about these LEDS from the Gurus

and was told not good, light goes the wrong way and there so many better things that cost so much

more that grow the weed so much better

all I was looking to do is replace my tried old T -12s with something better I could have gone out

and bought a case of tubes and been done :)

I had points and a code these were cheap to begin with but when they went into the cart

I just paid NYS sales tax so almost free ;) and 50000 hours of use how could I lose?

so I bought them and have grown seedlings with them
cheap LEDS on a Baker's rack
cheap LEDS on a Baker's rack
the have done a great job growing seedlings are there better LEDs I am sure there are
babies under LEDs
babies under LEDs
looks like shit grows under them
seedlings
seedlings
seedlings
seedlings
so they look as if you can use them as I asked and was told no good
2001 Over Grow 1 standard High Bay Warehouse lights
2001 Over Grow 1 standard High Bay Warehouse lights
BC Big Bud
BC Big Bud
Skunk #1  Freebie Gypsy Nirvana
Skunk #1 Freebie Gypsy Nirvana
this box has standard warehouse high bay lights with standard 400 watt MH/HPS bulbs

some of us do remember how hard it was to buy lights back in 2000 ;)

I would post link to 1000bulbs.com and growers would scoff at them and said you will not grow weed with those bulbs

you need to buy 100 us dollar Hortilux bulbs to grow good weed

but for the 65 us dollars those light fixtures cost I grew a shit of buds

it maybe because after spend 1000s of dollars you have to in your mind have a reason to

believe that 100 watts from the wall will give you 1000 watts of light

I still confused but you know me my friend I take photos of what I do and how I do it

then post the shit out of them

all the best and be safe

Dequilo
Marx Defined The Classes, Kalashnikov Made Them Equal

Better to be Judged by Twelve than Carried by Six

"It is easier to rob by setting up a bank, than by holding up a bank clerk."

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

joecool wrote:
WhiteHotAfterburner wrote:Any opinions on this setup, the light, I mean?...I got the other included items handled :winky:

$159.99
MARS HYDRO TS 1000W Led Grow Light.jpg
https://www.amazon.com/MARS-HYDRO-Hydro ... Y1WKK?th=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

WHAB
I just started using the ts1000 so far it's a solid light for my needs in my veg space.
The only drawback is it doesn't have much of a light footprint. It's good for a bit over 4sqft. That being said I have mine in a space 20"×30" and it's vegging just fine now that I have enough heat in the area. I forgot to account for that in the beginning so my autos in there too are a bit stunted this round but my seedlings are taking off just fine. Here is my space I have it in right now.
IMG_20210304_204820977.jpg
Hey there, joecool! :wave:

The footprint was the primary reason I decided not to go that route. And, bigger and better LEDs are just unaffordable for me. I don't see how anyone would spend $800+usd for a 3x3 footprint

Yours are looking lovely, though! Very nice!

I do wish you all the very best with your TS1000 and your grow!

Thanks for adding to the discussion, joecool! :tup:

WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

dequelo wrote:Good Day WHAB I have no dog in this fight I asked at OG about these LEDS from the Gurus

and was told not good, light goes the wrong way and there so many better things that cost so much

more that grow the weed so much better

all I was looking to do is replace my tried old T -12s with something better I could have gone out

and bought a case of tubes and been done :)

I had points and a code these were cheap to begin with but when they went into the cart

I just paid NYS sales tax so almost free ;) and 50000 hours of use how could I lose?

so I bought them and have grown seedlings with them
DSCN4548.JPG
the have done a great job growing seedlings are there better LEDs I am sure there are
DSCN4530.JPG
looks like shit grows under them
DSCN4540.JPG
DSCN4538.JPG
so they look as if you can use them as I asked and was told no good
gallery_164_91_2925 (1).jpg
gallery_164_32_26559.jpg
gallery_164_43_2828.jpg
this box has standard warehouse high bay lights with standard 400 watt MH/HPS bulbs

some of us do remember how hard it was to buy lights back in 2000 ;)

I would post link to 1000bulbs.com and growers would scoff at them and said you will not grow weed with those bulbs

you need to buy 100 us dollar Hortilux bulbs to grow good weed

but for the 65 us dollars those light fixtures cost I grew a shit of buds

it maybe because after spend 1000s of dollars you have to in your mind have a reason to

believe that 100 watts from the wall will give you 1000 watts of light

I still confused but you know me my friend I take photos of what I do and how I do it

then post the shit out of them

all the best and be safe

Dequilo
Good morning, my friend! Brother, your dog was born to fight! :winky: It's a trait I find in you most endearing! :grin:

When I rebuild my Cloning Machine - and after its performance this go-round it is a necessity (I am quite surprised anything survived in it) - I have every intention of buying the lights you're using. The main reason I didn't this time was because of their length. Those lights would leave me with 2 extra feet of light not being used. But, since that time I have decided I would use the additional length to root in soilless for outdoors.

The thing about expensive bulbs for me is that I only have the one ballast, a 1000W High Pressure Sodium ballast. I don't have a 1000W Metal Halide ballast. Therefore I have to use a HPS to MH Conversion bulb to Veg under. Those Conversion bulbs are not inexpensive. Until I can upgrade to a 1000W MH ballast to veg under I have to do what I have to do. I was half-tempted to buy an new HPS to MH Conversion bulb just the other day (I don't really know how much time is on this one), but IF I can get through this Veg cycle I will buy a digital 1000W MH ballast. Maybe a convertible ballast.

You and I both have a thing for photographs, a trait we share, my friend. In fact, we share both of the traits discussed in just these two messages! :winky: :toker1:

To you also, thank you for adding to the conversation, my brother! And, thank you for the T5 LED recommendation, it did not go unnoticed! :tup:

:puffpass:

WHAB