Page 31 of 36

Re: WHAB: Still Forming Woodworking Shop & Future Grow Resid

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 8:50 pm
by WhiteHotAfterburner

Blueberry (Dutch Passion)



Tangerine Dream x C99



Tangerine Dream x C99




The Wee Ones - Raspberry Cough.



Blueberry (Dutch Passion)



Extended Still! :toker1:

WHAB

WHAB Vegetative Grow Loft

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 8:56 pm
by WhiteHotAfterburner
Then, I bumped their nutes again. Besides they're eating a lot more than they had - I mixed up another 5 gallon batch of nutes.

Water is coming out of the bathtub faucet at a pH of 8.2...


I adjusted it to 5.5...


With all this mixing I've been doing - in the reservoir with a extendable dust mop (like paint roller) handle - and the few 5 gallon batches I've made I decided to employ a new, unused paint mixer.


The pH and E.C. before I added the new 5 gallons.



Then after adding the new batch...



And, they just recently fed with this new batch. We'll see how they do after bumping them to an E. C. of 1.6 (800ppm on 500 scale)!

The End! :winky: :roflmao:

:puffpass:,
WHAB

WHAB Vegetative Grow Loft

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 7:37 pm
by WhiteHotAfterburner
Veg Day 37...


E.C. 1.6 (800ppm on 500 scale)


pH was 6.0 when I started. I adjusted it. It's at 5.6. The meter dropped .1 when I took it out of the reservoir before I could get a picture of it.


Group pictures...



Raspberry Cough (Saggy Sally :winky:)... much less saggy today!



The Raspberry Cough that was missing from the last update, IF you can differentiate her from the other hers :roflmao:



Continued...

WHAB

WHAB Vegetative Grow Loft

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 8:00 pm
by WhiteHotAfterburner
Blueberry (Dutch Passion)



Blueberry (Dutch Passion)



Tangerine Dream x C99



Tangerine Dream x C99


I forgot to get a profile image that girl! :facepalm: :roflmao: :winky:

And, I couldn't get a great shot of either of the potted plants in there.

I'm running out of room in there. I will probably have to move those 2 outdoors. Transplanting both of them, I 'think'.

My running out of room has me considering making the changes to the space I have in mind when I set up the new system before then.

With the cost of building supplies it is forcing me to reconsider things. When prices lower or at least level out that may change, or IF I can find it from other sources ie Craigslist...etc.

I 'may' even consider Vegging in the space beneath the loft where the reservoir resides now and flowering up on the loft.

This time leaving them in Veg longer because I don't have the new buckets set up is showing me I will likely have a problem Flowering in there. There isn't much more head space for them to grow.

However, someone correct me if I'm wrong, I 'think' I recall "Vertical" growers allowing their plants to hit the ceiling and even curl back down. From memory, running out of head space wasn't a problem for "Vertical" growing...do I have that right?

:rollitiup:,
WHAB

WHAB: Still Forming Woodworking Shop & Future Grow Residence

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 9:31 pm
by Butcher Bob
Looking vastly better. :)
Still some red in the stems (indicates stress if it's not genetic), but the leaves and new growth are looking much healthier. I feel like a helpless observer, not knowing much aboot hydro set-ups myself. I am glad to see you getting things sorted out. :smoke:

WHAB: Still Forming Woodworking Shop & Future Grow Residence

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 10:02 pm
by WhiteHotAfterburner
Butcher Bob wrote:Looking vastly better. :)
Still some red in the stems (indicates stress if it's not genetic), but the leaves and new growth are looking much healthier. I feel like a helpless observer, not knowing much aboot hydro set-ups myself. I am glad to see you getting things sorted out. :smoke:

Hey there, Brother Bob! :wave: :tup:

I was not aware of the stress color issue you mention. Interesting!

And, yeah...thank you!...they are diggin' the new regime (feeding cycles).

And, thank you about sorting things out. I appreciate that! Next run will be better, I'm sure.

I 'think' I will have to get that DIY Chiller going, though, IF I wind up splitting the spaces with one being under the loft. Summer will be here soon enough and I don't have a second portable air conditioner.

Unless I can come up with a way to do both in loft. I haven't be able to figure out how to switch out the bucket systems in the same space, from 2 gallon Veg buckets to 5 gallon Flower buckets in the same space.

The grow space now is approximately 4x8 feet (the loft is 8x12 feet). I want to run it the other direction (90 degrees from where it is now) and make it at least 6x8 feet. And, with the portable air conditioner conditioning that space so well I'm pretty sure I can put the one Reservoir and the new Controller in the grow space with it venting directly on the reservoir, that should keep temps in check.

I don't anticipate growing commercial production levels so I 'may not' need 2 separate grow spaces.

So much to think about and consider! :winky:

Thank you for the discussion, my friend! :tup: Always a pleasure!

:rollitiup:,
WHAB

Re: WHAB: Still Forming Woodworking Shop & Future Grow Resid

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 12:10 am
by Lrus007
plants are looking much better.
must be that new tricorder you got.
i get tired just looking at all your work lol
glad you got them growing proper now.

WHAB: Still Forming Woodworking Shop & Future Grow Residence

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 3:27 am
by Butcher Bob
WhiteHotAfterburner wrote:I was not aware of the stress color issue you mention. Interesting!

In my experience, their are strains that have reddish pigmentation in the stems. But if you see someone else's pic of the same strain (or same cut if you're lucky) and it's green, then the redness is a general symptom of stress. It could simply be from the recent changes the plants have gone through. Considering the improvement in the leaves and new growth, I wouldn't worry aboot the stem color yet. If it persists, and normal color should be green, then you might have some fine tuning to do. Unfortunately, being a general symptom of stress, there's no real indication of what's causing that stress. For that you will have to look for other factors to provide a clue. If OJ has those cuts, compare with his pics as to what they should look like. Overall, I'd say you're solidly on the right track. :tup:

Re: WHAB: Still Forming Woodworking Shop & Future Grow Resid

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 5:34 am
by deran
nice bushy forest you got there going on
i love all the pics, makes me feel like im at your place within the jungle

Re: WHAB: Still Forming Woodworking Shop & Future Grow Resid

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 9:36 am
by rSin
there are plants that produce better yeilds due to stress. grapes grow for wine being one. some growers place microphones in their feilds as the vine emit a tone when stressed which make their watering automatic to the stress intended

marijuana has been all about yield weight for so very long

perhaps stressing could reveal character traits we havnt seen before?

id kina think so as, we can percieve differnt characteristics in strains having the same tested cannaboid distrubutions, right?

Re: WHAB: Still Forming Woodworking Shop & Future Grow Resid

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 2:36 pm
by WhiteHotAfterburner
Lrus007 wrote:plants are looking much better.
must be that new tricorder you got.
i get tired just looking at all your work lol
glad you got them growing proper now.

Thank you for your kind words, friend! :tup:

IF it makes you feel better, I'm not just tired ... my back is kicking my ass! :grin:

I'm going to act like I'm less ignorant and agree that the "tricorder" did the trick! :tup: Thanks for noticing! :roflmao:

Thank you, it was with the help of you fine folk! :tup:

:puffpass:,
WHAB

WHAB: Still Forming Woodworking Shop & Future Grow Residence

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 2:45 pm
by WhiteHotAfterburner
Butcher Bob wrote:
WhiteHotAfterburner wrote:I was not aware of the stress color issue you mention. Interesting!

In my experience, their are strains that have reddish pigmentation in the stems. But if you see someone else's pic of the same strain (or same cut if you're lucky) and it's green, then the redness is a general symptom of stress. It could simply be from the recent changes the plants have gone through. Considering the improvement in the leaves and new growth, I wouldn't worry aboot the stem color yet. If it persists, and normal color should be green, then you might have some fine tuning to do. Unfortunately, being a general symptom of stress, there's no real indication of what's causing that stress. For that you will have to look for other factors to provide a clue. If OJ has those cuts, compare with his pics as to what they should look like. Overall, I'd say you're solidly on the right track. :tup:

Well, there is no doubt I have abused these girls. I've abused them so much that they should have switched party's by now, if there is any truth in that belief! :winky:

And, no doubt I have A LOT of fine tuning to do.

Comparing mine to Oldjoints, even if from the same cut, taken at the same time, is hardly fair...

Oldjoints has some catchin' up to do! :roflmao:

Thanks, brother...I always appreciate your contributions! :tup:

:puffpass:,
WHAB

Re: WHAB: Still Forming Woodworking Shop & Future Grow Resid

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 2:54 pm
by WhiteHotAfterburner
deran wrote:nice bushy forest you got there going on
i love all the pics, makes me feel like im at your place within the jungle

Nice of you to say, friend! :tup:

You are welcome any time for an in-home (1924 Brick Schoolhouse) tour and tasting session! :winky:

I am very glad you like the pictures and feel they are immersive! Very :smoke:!

Thank you for your kind words and for chiming in! :tup:

:puffpass:,
WHAB

Re: WHAB: Still Forming Woodworking Shop & Future Grow Resid

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 2:59 pm
by WhiteHotAfterburner
rSin wrote:there are plants that produce better yeilds due to stress. grapes grow for wine being one. some growers place microphones in their feilds as the vine emit a tone when stressed which make their watering automatic to the stress intended

marijuana has been all about yield weight for so very long

perhaps stressing could reveal character traits we havnt seen before?

id kina think so as, we can percieve differnt characteristics in strains having the same tested cannaboid distrubutions, right?

An interesting post there, friend! Intriguing observations.

As to your question, I couldn't tell ya.

I defer to the experts! :grin:

Thank you for your input, brother! :tup:

:puffpass:,
WHAB

WHAB: Still Forming Woodworking Shop & Future Grow Residence

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 10:30 am
by Roots
Those should have been flipped a week ago....remember they will still grow for the first 15- 20 days of flower.

WHAB: Still Forming Woodworking Shop & Future Grow Residence

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 8:13 pm
by WhiteHotAfterburner
Roots wrote:Those should have been flipped a week ago....remember they will still grow for the first 15- 20 days of flower.

You are correct, they should have been flipped...maybe not a week ago but very near to that.

I wasn't ready to receive them into Flower. I don't have the Reservoir in which to flip them. It's due in Tomorrow.

I didn't want to flip them into Flower in an essentially poisoned system. It is completely my fault that it didn't happen when it should have happened.

Thank you for your input, Roots ... It is greatly appreciated, sincerely!

Regards,
WHAB