Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: Turbine Powered Toker
Has bestowed Karma : 521 times
Received Karma : 217 times

WHAB: Still Forming Woodworking Shop & Future Grow Resid

Post by WhiteHotAfterburner »

And, btw, IF I could find my Codeine, I'd take it! Fuck!

:frown:,
WHAB

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: world where everone gets
Has bestowed Karma : 1668 times
Received Karma : 1063 times

Post by rSin »

from the great townes van zandt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-Rq-4spRz4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

rSin wrote:from the great townes van zandt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-Rq-4spRz4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cool tune, rSin!

Do you know the backstory? Who's the old fella? I wouldn't mind knowing the story.

Btw, the Codeine I have, that I can't find, is years old. I'm not into pills.

However, I used to get my Oxycodone refilled even though I had not run out of the previous script. I did so because I knew there would come a time when they would quit refilling them. They did quit. I asked about getting more and they said I'd have to go to a "Pain Clinic". I did. When that Dr. approved me I asked him then how do I get refills. He told me to just call. He made that determination on the spot, after hearing how I used them (VERY rarely, as a last resort), I wasn't abusing them, I wasn't addicted to them, I wasn't selling them. Yeah, "just give me a call, no problem". I never went through that prescription. I never refilled it, either.

The Acetaminophen I took last night, the one with Oxycodone? :winky: Is 7 years old. I have older scripts....they don't have the "aspirin".

I hope all is well with you, brother! :tup:

Thanks for the tune, too! :tup:

:puffpass:

:wave:,
WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

WHAB Vegetative Grow Loft Day 1

I transplanted the 6 with the most developed roots...that's all the Geolite clay pebbles I had enough of to fill the buckets.

Trivia question: How many 2 gallon buckets can one 45L bag of Geolite Clay Pebbles fill?

6 is the answer! :laugh:

There were 4 with excellent roots....this is the first one I transplanted.
Vegetative Stage 0078 03092021.jpg
There are 4 other that 'may' get transplanted IF their roots become more developed. There is one that is just refusing to root. It's got nubs like roots are trying to break through but they are just refusing.

There is one I am sure is dead BUT it has viable roots still. I'm going to keep giving a try if it is going to keep giving itself a try. I don't think it's going to make it, though.

One of the ones I did transplant, a Tangerine Dream x Cindy 99, had the least developed root system of the clones I did transplant BUT after I removed it from the puck I ripped out roots that were WITHIN the puck. I never saw them. It's the one nearest the camera. Damn! After all this, and it was trying, and I 'may' have killed it today! :frown: :facepalm: I also didn't put all the clay pebbles back in that bucket. I buried it a little deeper than that other or that I would have liked to have buried that one but the roots I ripped out were near to top of the clone. I just never saw them. I know this is the time when clones are their most vulnerable and special care must be taken with their root system. I held all the clones in one hand in one steady place in the buckets as I hand filled the clay pebbles around the roots so as not to damage them in the transplanting process. I hope she lives!

As I was pulling the clones out of the cloning machine I kept noticing that many of the opening didn't have any spray spraying. I'm not sure what the hell is happening under there but I'm going to find out. As, as I said before, I'll be building a new, better manifold.

It's a wonder any of the clones survived.

This is when I finished.
Vegetative Stage 0079 03092021.jpg
I plugged the light in...
Vegetative Stage 0080 03092021.jpg
I ran down (figuratively, not literally! :roflmao:) and gave the girls their first actual meal!

Then I sat and watched them as the buckets filled. I also watched the temps. This is what the temperature was when I walked away...
Vegetative Stage 0082 03092021.jpg
6 minutes to initially fill - really, does ANYONE wait for 30 minutes for their buckets to fill? - and it equalized in another 4 minutes. That's 10 minutes for the whole process. When I mentioned reaching the 25 minute point and going and changing the pumps out, I failed to mention that in those 25 minutes before I changed the pump out, the buckets weren't full. They were a little over 1/2 full.

I want the girls to not have to wait for the food - 30+ minutes! That's :crazy:. And, that's no slouch of a pump either. It's a ProPump 275.

But, another benefit of changing that pump out is that the ProPump is submersible. This Dayton 1P579F (which it looks like they're not making that any longer! :roflmao:) is external and won't be heating up the reservoir.
Vegetative Stage 0083 03092021.jpg
I had planned to make that change anyway because of that reason once I got they system running.

Now, go get'm girls! :grin:

And, now... I have to lay down! I could rest for a damn week!

Good morning everyone!

Make it a great day! :tup:

:rollitiup:,
WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

WHAB Vegetative Grow Loft

I'll bet no one thought of this to use as a door, did yas?!?! :tup: :winky:
Vegetative Stage 0084 03092021.jpg
:roflmao:,
WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Hey, whoever...Munch?

I'm okay with this being moved. I'm not entirely sure why it was moved here and not to "Indoor".

I put it in the lounge because of the dual aspect to the thread. Folks can sit around and talk shop ... and grow.

Maybe a "Shop" forum? A "Hobbyist" forum? Lacking anything like that I thought the lounge was a good spot.

BUT, IF it has to be moved, can we put in it the "Indoor" forum. please?

Beyond all that - thanks for lookin' in! :winky: :grin:

Regards,
WHAB

Munchy
Board Administrator
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: Golden Member
Has bestowed Karma : 470 times
Received Karma : 957 times

Post by Munchy »

please read the announcement I made about the smokers lounge, it's in the suggestion forum. I had posted it as a sticky until they started mocking me. so many different sub-forums were created here, partly so the Smoked Out lounge wouldn't just be some kind of catch-all. I should've moved this when you first started it, but remembering how you were so mad at me last time you were here, for no reason that I can recall being aware of, so I didn't want to risk upsetting you, and left it there for 7 weeks until it had become a bad example for others who started following suit by posting other threads in the lounge which belonged elsewhere, so it wasn't fair that I had moved theirs out while leaving yours. I'm sure it'll still come up on the Recent Threads list of the main index page every day.
Prohibition is Futile Image THC will be Assimilated
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ How To Pass Drug Tests ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Not much going on today. I'm stinkin' exhausted! (par usual)

I hokey'd the A/C exhaust duct. I ran the factory plastic 5 inch duct in a aluminum 6 inch exhaust ducting hose and up into the attic.
Vegetative Stage 0086 03102021.jpg
I'll do something more permanent as I can. I'm not concerned about hot air meeting cool air up there. With virtually ALL of the fascia board long time gone, it gets a good fresh air exchange in there :roflmao: I would not be surprised if some woodland creature isn't using it as a sauna as I sit here! :roflmao:. It will go out the gable end...or, maybe I'll go round-to-square and run it out with the open rafter tails (I just saw a round-to-rectangle duct - thinking about it right now, I 'think' it will fit perfectly :wink:).

I'll hang what I have from the ceiling and into the attic with bungee cords. I just found some. I knew I had some hanging around and it literally just hit me when I started this post! I've been thinking about where they might be for days! :laugh:

The Geolite Clay Pebbles I need came in, along with the additional black tubing, and some LR44 batteries for my Intermatic DT620CH. I've been holding off switching the girls to 18/6 until I could get that up and running with the battery backup.
Vegetative Stage 0087 03102021.jpg
Vegetative Stage 0088 03102021.jpg
I'll change the tubing out in lights out. I have a clamp on light with a green bulb just waiting to be put to work!

The Temps are looking AWESOME! That's without exhaust the heat created by the light up and out the attic.
Vegetative Stage 0085 03102021.jpg
I have a nice 6 inch inline fan and a nice wall mounted oscillating fan, but I have not run across either one. I'm very sure I saw the wall mounted fan in a box when I moved that stuff to the 1924 Schoolhouse. It 'may' be in the shed. I thought for sure I'd run across the inline fan, but nope! :confused: :roll:

I'm going to drill holes in this 5 gallon bucket when I get done here to prepare it to rinse the clay pebbles outside this time. Daytime temps should for allow that AND avoid the mess and back-breaking work in the bathtub.

The girls are looking GREAT! Whew! Even the one I thought I killed is perking up! :tup:

Oh, Ben....I just bought these...(the modern iteration of what I remember and used - looks like it 'might' even be made better than its forerunner)
Peel and Stick Zipper 0001 03102021.jpg
And these...
Vittles Vault 0001 03102021.jpg
Those are in preparation for these...
Mega Crop 2 Part A 5-12-26 Hydroponic Professional.png
MegaCropPartB-25lb.jpg
I have them in my "Cart" but am having a hard time pulling the trigger. They only have 25lb quantities right now :confused: $118+ w/shipping :confused: :facepalm:

I'm going to have to find a way to buy them now that I have their homes on the way! :winky: :roflmao:

I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but...that's all for now!

Good morning!

Make it a great day! :tup:

Add Edit: I really am exhausted. I had a extremely brief closed-eye session in my chair (I can't "sleep" sitting up) and that transfer pump started and I literally jumped out of my chair and ran (literally this time, I had to save what ever it was that was going wrong! :roflmao:) to see what in the wholly hell had happened! :roflmao: Gonna have to build a sound-proofed box to put over it! :roflmao:

:smoke:,
WHAB
Last edited by WhiteHotAfterburner on Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Munchy wrote:please read the announcement I made about the smokers lounge, it's in the suggestion forum. I had posted it as a sticky there until they started mocking me. I should've moved this when you first started it, but remembering how you were so mad at me last time you were here, for no reason that I can recall being aware of, so I didn't want to risk upsetting you, and left it there for 7 weeks until it had become a bad example for others who started following suit by posting other threads in the lounge which belonged elsewhere, so it wasn't fair that I had moved theirs out while leaving yours. I'm sure it'll still come up on the Recent Threads list of the main index page every day.
No, I completely understand, Munch. I skimmed the announcement. I understand. I'm okay with it being moved.

As I said, I only put it there for the Shop/Hobbyist aspect of it. I was trying to revive participation and I thought a "Maker" thread would be a good vehicle to accomplish that.

I understand why you moved it. I'm not mad about it. Not at all. Not in the least.

I do remember being upset with you for something but I'll be dipped in dog doo if I remember now what it was about. Whatever it was, I'm over it! :toker1:

In fact, I like you, Munch. Regardless whatever it was that I can't remember now - I've always liked you. You're a good joe! I get mad at my family at times. I still love them and would smoke a bowl with them (or whatever their vice :winky:) and would kill to protect them.

Once I do an actual woodworking project (I'm mulling over what to do with that nearly 100 year old 2x8x12 Oak Floor Joist (I need one of those plier type nail pullers :winky:)), where can I put it?

I did look around when I contemplated this dual thread and the lounge was the best my brain concluded :winky:

Peace to you, brother! :tup:

:puffpass:

:smoke:,
WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie