Karma Hippie
Custom Title: Turbine Powered Toker
Has bestowed Karma : 521 times
Received Karma : 217 times

WHAB's PIA Light Cage!

Post by WhiteHotAfterburner »

A petaled out Light Cage! :crazy: :winky:
Light Cage 0009 05132021.jpg
It's late and I haven't eaten all day. I'm going to call it a day unless I see something that MUST get done beforehand :winky: .

:puffpass:,
WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

WHAB's Ebb & Flow Upgrade In Progress!

That something that MUST get done beforehand :winky: ?

I found it!

Air. I don't know why but I kept forgetting it! Maybe it identifies as NOT wanting to be there?!?! :roflmao:

First I did move the light. About 8 inches to the North, left of the through-hole that's just left of the elbow in this picture... I moved it about an inch North of that hole. I installed that blocking in the picture above the ceiling panel there to screw the hook into. Those lights are HOT! :roflmao:. I had to hold the light while I unscrewed the hook, then screw the hook in the new hole, all while holding that blazingly HOT light. While I was doing that I got a hint of what a Dry Cleaner's shop smells like. I was ironing my shirt while it was on me! :roflmao:
Light Cage 0010 05132021.jpg
While I was up there I attended to the loosey-goosey A/C exhaust duct. I tried all those fittings you see in the picture (3)? Struggled with each one. None fit. I wound up strapping it to the ceiling joist.
AC Duct 0002 05142021.jpg
I ran all the air lines, the airstones and plugged the pump in. The 2 farthest buckets (I am going to get the 'new' roster before I'm done on this shift! :grin:), the 2 tallest girls (Saggy Sally - No More and Large Loretta) got their first dose of air at the 4:00am CT feeding. The other 4 start their air injections at the 6:00am CT feeding.
Ebb & Flow Air 0001 05142021.jpg
While I was installing the airstones and lines I budged the farthest plant on the left, Large Loretta, the hose on the bulkhead fitting started leaking. I messed with it for a bit trying to stop the leak. I was not successful. Exactly what I thought 'might' happen happened.

I'm going to tightly Zip-Tie them before I put the cage in place.

Oh, when I made the 18 inch diameter Light Cage on the Festool-ish Multi-Function Slab I never once considered having to put it through the Zipper Door :facepalm: :roflmao:. I bent the petals the opposite direction and I 'think' it will fit! :crazy:

Here goes! :tup:

WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

I just hit another “something that MUST get done beforehand”.

The Doran Dark Room Light-Proof passive air intake. :facepalm: :grin:

I moved 2 plants and got down on the floor in there to install it only to discover the cleat I installed the other day to hold the Poly in place is in the way now. I have to raise the air intake up about 1-1/2 inches.

But, on a positive note; I feel a much better about moving the buckets around now that I zip-tied the hoses on the bulkhead fittings!

I'm going to zip-tie the controller bucket end on my way out for the day(S)! :winky:

Good morning!

Make it a great day! :tup:

:smoke:,
WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

The Light Cage is in a holding pattern! :frown:

When I moved the one bucket to get to the passive intake duct it leaked.

From the outside. It's not as well done as I would have liked, but it's in and working again! I will cut the wrap-around off.
Doran Light-Proofed Passive Air Intake 0001 05142021.jpg
When I moved the potted plant back to where it was in between two buckets on the right side there was liquid under it. I think it came from the first bucket I nudged that leaked.

I have to fix that before I put the Light Cage in permanently.

I did put it in the grow space to give you all a visual.

Excuse the MH lighting :puke: :roflmao: Oh, and the finger. I hardly ever do that!

I did lower the light about where I think it needs to be.
Light Cage 0012 05132021.jpg
And, I finally got around to hanging the Remote Sensor about where I think it should be.

Again, :puke: MH picture!
Light Cage 0013 05132021.jpg
It's nice in there (with the Remote Sensor in the canopy about 18 inches from the light)
Veg Space 0091 0514021.jpg
I've gotten this far without causing any major damage to the girls until now.

When I moved the bucket to get to the air intake vent I put it right in the bulb. Burnt to a crisp! :frown:
Light Cage 0011 05132021.jpg
Damn it!

The branch I broke the other day? It survived. It's reaching for the light again, broken :wink:

And, a Pro-Tip!

IF you own one of these, a FastCap Pro-Carpenter Screw Bag, tighten the string before you sling it around!

I spilled about 1/2 of it. The screws are in individual and marked pockets in the bag. Until you spill it out! :roflmao:

The new roster according to position, starting at the 7 O'clock position:

Tangerine Dream x C99
Tangerine Dream x C99
Blueberry (Dutch Passion) (Large Loretta)
Raspberry Cough
Blueberry (Dutch Passion) (Formerly Saggy Sally - now Crispy Cris) :frown:
Raspberry Cough

Wee Ones:
Raspberry Cough (Soilless)
Buleberry (Dutch Passion) (Perlite) (I'm not diggin' the 100% Perlite grow)

I just fed the New Arrivals while the girls in the grow space were feeding. I went back in to see if I can see them leaking! They are. 3 out of the 6 buckets are leaking. Dripping. I'm hoping it's coming from the hoses and not the bulkhead fittings.

I have to go in to town sometime today. I'll get some proper hose clamps for the bucket end of the hoses then install the Light Cage.

But, there is a chance that the rubber gaskets on the bulkhead fittings have 'relaxed' to their new shape. I'll take some Channel Lock pliers up the next time I'm in there and see IF I can put a twist on them.

Now, I have to try and get some rest. I'm whooped!

Edit Add: Screw it! I'm going to safety wire all the hoses, on both ends. Later!

Make it a great day, everyone! :tup:

:rockon:,
WHAB

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1332 times
Received Karma : 929 times

WHAB: Still Forming Woodworking Shop & Future Grow Resid

Post by Butcher Bob »

WhiteHotAfterburner wrote:Also, about those New Arrivals...

I'm having trouble with the idea of putting them in the grow space - Veg Space currently - with the girls seeing as the new arrivals are unsexed.

The idea of putting potential Males in with Girls has be a bit concerned. I've never done it.

Can someone, anyone, recommend a fool-proof way of putting unsexed plants in with known Females and not screwing up the girls I'm going to Flower, just to determine IF the unsexed new arrivals are Males or not?
Throw them all in, you have plenty of time before things go to seed. :wink:

If you've no plans for males, you can just remove them as their balls drop (exhibit male pre-flowers). You have aboot a 5 to 7 day window before they will drop any pollen. In veg, neither sex will have enough flower material to produce many seeds, even with identified males left in. In flower, you have those 5 days once they show to catch 'em before they blow their load. Even plants you have identified as "female", you are going to want to continuously check for balls throughout flower...just in case you have any that hermi on you. Once you've run a seedling all the way through flower, you will know for certain the sexual identity of any clones of that plant.

I'm assuming you're chopping any males. If you want males for seed production, you will need a separate flowering space for them...unless you want to seed all the females.

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

WHAB: Still Forming Woodworking Shop & Future Grow Resid

Butcher Bob wrote:
WhiteHotAfterburner wrote:Also, about those New Arrivals...

I'm having trouble with the idea of putting them in the grow space - Veg Space currently - with the girls seeing as the new arrivals are unsexed.

The idea of putting potential Males in with Girls has be a bit concerned. I've never done it.

Can someone, anyone, recommend a fool-proof way of putting unsexed plants in with known Females and not screwing up the girls I'm going to Flower, just to determine IF the unsexed new arrivals are Males or not?
Throw them all in, you have plenty of time before things go to seed. :wink:

If you've no plans for males, you can just remove them as their balls drop (exhibit male pre-flowers). You have aboot a 5 to 7 day window before they will drop any pollen. In veg, neither sex will have enough flower material to produce many seeds, even with identified males left in. In flower, you have those 5 days once they show to catch 'em before they blow their load. Even plants you have identified as "female", you are going to want to continuously check for balls throughout flower...just in case you have any that hermi on you. Once you've run a seedling all the way through flower, you will know for certain the sexual identity of any clones of that plant.

I'm assuming you're chopping any males. If you want males for seed production, you will need a separate flowering space for them...unless you want to seed all the females.
Hey there Brother Bob! :wave:

Yeah, no 'plan' to intentionally produce seeds :winky:

Thank you for the advice. You assuaged my trepidation! :tup:

Appreciate ya, man! :tup:

WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

I was away for quite some time. I kicked back for a 'little' while. I have not been in the space yet today (now yesterday). I don't know what I'm going to find! :wink:

When I was going back in to safety wire the hoses and try to tighten the bulkhead fittings I got to thinking about things and IF I'm going to do this I had better do it now..

The sides of the Poly are still being severely sucked in - good and bad.
Veg Space 0092 0515021.jpg
I tried to pull that tape off the other day to get in there to secure the cleat I put down there to hold the Poly. I couldn't get it to come off. Granted I didn't relentlessly tug at it for a day! :winky:

And, this corner has been there from day one. I did have to tape off some light leaks back then. Now it's pulled away. It's held up until today. Man, that AC Infinity 6" Inline Fan is a sucking Mother! :grin:
Veg Space 0093 0515021.jpg
I'm installing my second Doran Dark Room "Light Tight" Light-Proofed vent on the other side of the space.
Veg Space 0094 0515021.jpg
Veg Space 0097 0515021.jpg
Veg Space 0098 0515021.jpg
Veg Space 0099 0515021.jpg
It's going here, in the lower left rectangle...
Veg Space 0095 0515021.jpg
Veg Space 0095 0515021.jpg (1.12 MiB) Viewed 910 times
Once I get this installed and I'll be down there anyway, I'll safety wire the hoses on both ends AND dump the Reservoir and prepare a FloraKleen solution with some H202.

They say to let it run for 2 hours. I can't make sense of that with this system UNLESS I take the Controller offline and manually Fill and Drain for 2 hours :confused: :crazy:

I'll let that run through until later today. They'll I'll scrub the Res out with a Bleach solution, rinse it thoroughly and get some Flower Nutes in it.

Barring any further unforeseen setbacks, I expect to flip to Flower later today.

I will either have to reset the Intermatic DT620 timer I'm using now OR set another "Outdoor" Intermatic HB880R 15-Amp 7 Day timer I have - that's 'likely' what I'll do.

I'm going to buy another Intermatic DT620 timer and keep one for Veg and one for Flower.

See ya on the flip side when I call it an early day!

:roflmao:

WHAB

mistergrafik

Post by mistergrafik »

WhiteHotAfterburner wrote:
I kicked back for a 'little' while.

WHAB
Ok! Now we’re talkin! We are in the kick back club now!

:smoke:

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

mistergrafik wrote:
I kicked back for a 'little' while.

WHAB
Ok! Now we’re talkin! We are in the kick back club now!

:smoke:
Except for the past hour I've been hard-chargin' since that last post! :winky:

I've been trying to get one picture to transfer and it is just refusing to!

Now, I have one more thing to do and they I can try and get some rest for the Flip later on today.

Kick Back Club! I like it, man!

WHAB

mistergrafik

Post by mistergrafik »

mistergrafik wrote:
Kick Back Club! I like it, man!

WHAB
Welcome, my man.
Now I assume ur aware of the rules... :smoke:

THe-First-Rule.jpg
THe-First-Rule.jpg (8.08 KiB) Viewed 896 times
Happy Saturday ~ Looking forward to the flip.