Post by WhiteHotAfterburner »

Butcher Bob wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:57 pm
Good to see you posting again WHAB. :)
You get the indoor all bagged & tagged?
How's the outdoor doing?
:tup:

Thank you, my old friend! :smoke:

Yes, bagged and tagged. They're now residing in their Grove Bags in a box under the A/C unit - what I didn't already allocate out :winky: (gratis, btw).

Nothing going on on the outdoor scene (not my outdoor anyway). I had to postpone any outdoor this time around as I was full up on my 'legal' limits at that time. I was ready to go and was shut down by 'legal' limits.

While we have relatively 'liberal' MMJ laws, they, nor my brother, fully understand the process. I was over limit. I disposed of my overage. Then ALL my cloned rootings died (I attributed it to heat, but I'm not really sure...was probably too hot a nutrient mix (as our friend Oldjoints opined).

They, the State nor non-growing Relatives ( :winky:), don't account for the intricacies, difficulties and potential failures of the cultivating process.

Thank you for asking, though. I am keen to do something outdoors next growing season. :tup:

I'm about to go back to this now...

Kubota Gravel Drag 0001 09292021.jpg
:roflmao:

Then, this...

Schoolhouse Outbuilding 0001 09292021.jpg
Schoolhouse Outbuilding 0002 09292021.jpg
Schoolhouse Outbuilding 0003 09292021.jpg

I must get the storage shelves built. I haven't gotten it done yet because when I was out there imagining it I decided to give some thought to possible making the shelving stand-alone as the studs in that old building have seen better days. I'm either going to replace the rotten studs that exist, sister on some new treated studs, maybe cut off the bad and splice in some new...or build the shelves to stand on their own without relying on the structure to support what is going on the shelving.

Then, those pictures remind me I have to get that insulation installed in the outdoor services shed (Water Softener Enclosure). It froze last year leaving me without water for what I think I remember was about 10 days :frown:

Nice to see you still posting too, brother! Always good to see you around!

Regards :smoke:,
WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: Turbine Powered Toker
Has bestowed Karma : 521 times
Received Karma : 217 times

Oh...Also About The 16th...Life...

I was going to the "City" for that materials buy because I had a scheduled appointment there on that day. I don't go to the "City" just because. I don't really go anywhere just because.

But, my trip did have another purpose.

I am pretty sure I mentioned something about my nasal problems. At times, bleeding and such.

Well, I've been trying to track it down for some time now.

On this day it was an outside the system referral with an ENT (Ear, Nose & Throat) Clinic that brought me to the City.

After all that time tracking it down over the several months (I've been on a Nasal Spray for a few years), the Dr. informed me that there is nothing wrong with my nasal system. A recent CT...etc.

The occasional Runny Nose, occasional Nose Bubble Blowing, and Occasionally Extreme Nasal Blood Loss....nothing is causing it.

Nothing except my age, it turns out.

When the Dr. informed me there was nothing wrong my nasal system, my brain instantly flashed on the image of an Hunched-Over Old Guy at the park that also pack around a "Hanky" for public use.

I've become one of those guys. Never in all my time on this planet did I ever think I would be one of them. Then I thought, well...why not me.

I never once ever thought I'd be included in that population of Bipedal, Carbon Based Humanoids Being Hurled through Space and Universe that Packs Around a Hanky! :roflmao:

The Nose Dr. also informed me that Day in the City, I should probably stop with the Nasal Spray that I've been using for years (Prescribed for "Allergy"...I never had an Allergy in all my life :dunno: (except for Ignorant Humanoids (They make me ILL! :roflmao:)) I did. :crazy:)

Life is weird that way, it seems! :dunno:

I gotten run - I have to go shopping for Rear Running Light Bulbs AND a Six Pack of Hankies! :roflmao:

:fly: (Courtesy of some Fine Raspberry Cough :rollitiup: :roflmao: !),
WHAB

Lrus007
Advanced Grower
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: hash and oil maker
Has bestowed Karma : 1085 times
Received Karma : 1701 times

WHAB: Still Forming Woodworking Shop & Future Grow Residence

Post by Lrus007 »

carried a hanky since a child. if you ever need to
shit in the woods your glad you have one. i had nose
problems also. my fancy dr. back then told me to use
ocean nasal spray. is just salt water but has served me
well over the years. buy white ones lol be classy..
My therapist says I am a habitual liar and an attention seeker, therefore nothing I say/write is true and under no circumstances should I be believed nor held accountable for anything I say. all photo's are paintings

People are born with the instinct to fight against their own death, to struggle with their last breath against even the most unavoidable and uncompromising ends.

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Thanks For Your Contribution, My Friend, Lrus! I Really Appreciate It! :tup:

Lrus007 wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:58 pm
carried a hanky since a child. if you ever need to
shit in the woods your glad you have one. i had nose
problems also. my fancy dr. back then told me to use
ocean nasal spray. is just salt water but has served me
well over the years. buy white ones lol be classy..
I've always considered myself lucky to have never had any ailments of any sorts that my peers exhibited growing up. From benign to severe. I was lucky! Even with my current ailments, I'm lucky!

Great reason to have one, though, for sure!

IF I'm in the woods, I have consumables on hand! I was a Webelo, and Boy Scout and A Marine! I would offend the many Angels who brought be up, they'd strike me down where I crouched to crapt! :roflmao:

I typically carry a hat, a jacket and a sleeping bag in my vehicle (paper towels of some sort, house or shop). And, I really, really hate not having my vehicle with me, where I'm at. Maybe lack of amenities readily at hand is the reason?!?!

I am prescribed "Major (Brand) - Deep Sea - Premium Solution". I was instructed to use it between doses of the other stuff. I rarely ever used it as I was already putting enough crap in my nasal passage. It is prescribed at 2 sprays in each nostril 3 times a day. Sounds like a SERIOUS user! :roflmao: Will it come up on a Drug Screen?!?! :roflmao:

It looks like I'll have to revisit that decision based on your experience with it.

I just gave'er a go to see how it works. It's a brand new bottle that's been sitting on my desk since January, unused! :crazy: :roflmao:

Thank you, my friend, Lrus!....for the your declaration of both the Nasal Spray AND the White Hankies! :winky: :roflmao:

Not keen on mixing White back into my typical laundry mode. I gradually moved away from all white garments or white accessories of any sort over the many years.

My attempt at recognizing my Privilege! :roflmao:

Thanks for your contribution, my friend! I appreciate it! :tup:

Back to the Fine Raspberry Cough Couch :rollitiup:! Nice Medicine, Oldjoints! Great strain! IF only to sooth my tremendously painful Jammed Thumb! I never missed getting one over the many decades of not having one!

Maybe we could have Jammed Thumb Syndrome added to the Qualifying Medical Conditions List? :winky: (only 1/2 joking, F*ck it hurts like nobodies business) I can't even squeeze so much as a plastic Yellow Mustard dispenser with that hand (useless F*cking Digit! :roflmao:)!

Regards,
WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

A Start To Final...

I finally got started on the storage solution around here...

A serious cleaning was needed before I could do anything in there. I'm not sure if that space has ever been cleaned! I know it hasn't since my Niece moved in :winky: I know I saw remnants of their work sprawled across the space. I picked it all up...ALL THE WAY DOWN V V V there! :frown:

People, don't put ANYTHING on the floor/ground!!! :roflmao:

A quick note here: My thumb IS STILL killing me!!! I had to remove an already loosened screw and I couldn't. I just had to back it off a couple of threads. I couldn't even grab the screw with that hand to unscrew it to remove it. :eek:

Here is some of the damage I was referring to previously concerning this outbuiding. Note the square nut on the anchor. I was a little surprised to see an anchor of any sort as I wouldn't think this little outbuilding would warrant the added effort and cost. :dunno:

Schoolhouse Outbuilding 0001 10012021.jpg
Schoolhouse Outbuilding 0002 10012021.jpg
Schoolhouse Outbuilding 0003 10012021.jpg
Schoolhouse Outbuilding 0003A 10012021.jpg

And, I very nearly 'painted myself into a corner'! Not very nearly, I did paint myself into a corner!!! :roflmao:

Schoolhouse Outbuilding 0007 10012021.jpg

From the start I wanted full length shelves, one piece the full length (10 feet). I sketched it up that way. Strength was my reason. But, it looks like I've never built garage shelves before! :roflmao:

As I'm struggling to get the first 2 shelve sections in I then remembered an interesting feature of this 'old' little building.

Schoolhouse Outbuilding 0008 10012021.jpg

It was one of the first things I noticed about the building when I first saw it...

Continued...,
WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

A Start To Final...Finale ;-)

I still don't know why that tiny little door on that old outbuilding is there. I have been thinking about it since I first saw it - more than a year now :winky: and I still don't know why that tiny door on that inconsequential structure is there. It has metal hinges :winky:

:dunno: :roflmao:

THANK YOU to whomever it was that planned that this far ahead! :tup: :roflmao:

Schoolhouse Outbuilding 0008A 10012021.jpg

It certainly came in handy in this instance. Saved the job! :winky:

Schoolhouse Outbuilding 0009 10012021.jpg

I even knew I'd have to build the shelves one level at a time. Put the lower set of shelves in then get the second set of shelves in before installing the crossmembers that would support them. I assumed I'd get the lower set in without a problem. :whistle: :crazy:

As for the building itself and my previous comments on it...repair, fix, splint it...etc.

I took a few measurements from a few critical points of the structure to determine IF it is damaged to the point that it needed to be rebuilt before I could get the shelves installed.

It does not seem to have lost any height, yet...or it's losing it very evenly! :winky:

I had intended to install the vertical support to overlap the ceiling joist and the crossmember to the stud in the wall.

I decided to put the vertical support under the ceiling joist. That should prevent any sagging until something more permanent can be done.

IF I decide to repair it, and I would 'like' to, I would build a temporary support structure under the ceiling joistS in at least the 4 corners (all the lumber above the damage in is extraordinarily good shape), unbolt the anchors, lift the building up and make the repairs with it off the ground, then laying it back down and anchoring it again.

'Sounds reasonable!' :crazy: :whistle: :roflmao:

The wood for the shelves came from my Brothers stash. I only asked for 2, just to see how much I'd need to get started. I need 2 more. I need to ask for 2 more.

He bought a "lot" (as in a bundle) of reclaimed gymnasium seating at auction. It's come in handy for a few jobs around here. My Brother re-decked the trailer he used to make that recent move with it.

I also planned from the start to extend the shelving across the back (the wall under that odd door). That's next.

Coincidentally, the off-cut from the Gym seating is the exact length I needed! :tup: :smoke:

Time for a :volcano:!

:wave:,
WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

A Start To Final...Finale - Addendum! ;-)

Oh...

I have been contemplating this entire time IF building a grow space of some sort out there in that odd little building with the even odder tiny little door in it would make sense.

I like the idea of it, but...

reasons against it.

It is pretty decrepit.

It isn't wired.

It isn't plumbed. No drainage.

It isn't insulated.

AND, bugs and other sorts of country life consider it home!

:roflmao:,
WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

I Have To Resort To A Hastily Planned Plan B Regards "A Start To Final!" ;-)

There is something I forgot to post to the above post. It was something I considered important, after the fact, and now I can't remember what it was! :crazy: :roflmao:

But, what's new is I have to resort to hastily planned plan B regards "A Start To Final! :winky:".

My Brother refused my request for 2 more his used auction purchased Gym seating boards that are currently sitting outdoors in the weather, and have been their entire life with him (a couple or few years now). They won't last very long out there but, he said the boards are Heart Pine (they 'might' be that, I'm not sure) and he doesn't want them used for such a lowly domestic life. :whistle:

Plan B: Make plans to make a run to the "City" for similarly sized boards in the very near future with the trailer - 1x8 boards.

Will complete the shelving I still have boards for - the 2 cutoffs from the 2 boards that are in there now. So, that weird tiny little door in that mystery outbuilding will remain open for a few more days! :winky:

Side note: The only conclusions I've reached about that weird little door is, there are only 2 reasons I can think of to have that weird tiny little door: A coal chute or a firewood chute. Just pile up the space with material for heating the building back in the day. I don't think it was a coal chute as I see no evidence of that potential former life on the inside of the building, no signs of coal ever being in there. A firewood chute is the only one that makes sense to me BUT I don't think it was that either as it would be just as easy to load the building from the ground and stack the firewood as it would be to fill the building through that tiny little door and then stack the firewood once piled high inside. :dunno:

The old building I lived in in Denver Colorado had an old coal chute in its basement that was fed through a window at ground level on the exterior and tumbled in to the basement. That evidence was obvious. That evidence does not exist here. :dunno:

It is NOT a Hay Barn. Most hay barns are configured in that fashion but this can't be that, imo.

AND address that Running/Brake Light socket that was filled with water just a few days ago (still haven't puzzled that one out :dunno:). I have priced out a replacement socket IF I can't restore this one to a satisfactory degree.

I did buy these a few days ago and received them in prompt order!...

Camaro 3057 0004 10032021.jpg
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PY5B83B

$29.99 for a pair :eek: :shock:

The bayonet looks to be the correct one... :dunno: yet, for sure. They are Red, which I was trying to avoid as the lens is already Red! :dunno: :roflmao: I don't know why anyone would double up on the Red! :roflmao:

I'll be back when I figure out the first pondering above - it seemed important and pertinent to the subject at the time! :winky: :roflmao:.

I hope you're ALL making it a great night! :tup:

:smoke:,
WHAB

Lrus007
Advanced Grower
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: hash and oil maker
Has bestowed Karma : 1085 times
Received Karma : 1701 times

WHAB: Still Forming Woodworking Shop & Future Grow Residence

Post by Lrus007 »

that door near top of building is to vent air
in the summer. so when working in shed it does
not get to hot.
My therapist says I am a habitual liar and an attention seeker, therefore nothing I say/write is true and under no circumstances should I be believed nor held accountable for anything I say. all photo's are paintings

People are born with the instinct to fight against their own death, to struggle with their last breath against even the most unavoidable and uncompromising ends.

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Jus Funnin' With Ya, Brother! :-D

Lrus007 wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:38 pm
that door near top of building is to vent air
in the summer. so when working in shed it does
not get to hot.
As punishment for the Unruly Curs?

"I'll throw you in the Hot Box if you keep that up, Mr. Lrus... AND DON'T THINK I WON'T!!!"

"As an act of compassion, we'll reduce the level of punishment by 1°F by opening this tiny little door!!!, and you'll be happy about it Mister!"

??? :roflmao:

Just pulling your leg, my friend! :winky: :tup:

It's a metal roof with no insulation.

BUT, 'maybe' to help firewood more completely dry?

They had to heat by wood through the Winters. I don't see any other structures that could be more suited to the task of keeping their critical source of heat dry and ready to use.

Thank alone 'might' have been a good enough reason to build a permanent structure out here in the literal boonies, that has lasted a potential 100 years!

For the township (that no longer exists) to expend those $$$ on it. It has to make sense somehow.

IT 'may' have just been as simple as a way to fully utilize the "Attic"/"Loft" storage space? But, they could have put in on the Front end for that... :dunno: Like my having difficultly wielding 10 foot shelve lumber in there?

I just put what I have left of the 2x3's (to save money when lumber was up ^ ^ ^ there) I bought for the storage shelves, and I had to put it out through that tiny little door to get them in the attic/loft/storage area. :winky:

I just had a thought. I need to go talk to the neighbor that gifted the painting of the 1924 Brick Schoolhouse! She 'might' know something. 'Maybe' more than something.

I do appreciate your contribution to the discussion, my friend Lrus! :tup:

I hope you don't mind my humor! :winky: :smoke:

Add Edit: :volcano: courtesy Raspberry Cough!

Arizer Raspberry Coughy 0001 10042021.jpg

AHHHH! :winky:,
WHAB