Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: Turbine Powered Toker
Has bestowed Karma : 521 times
Received Karma : 217 times

WHAB's Ebb & Flow Upgrade In Progress!

Post by WhiteHotAfterburner »

Butcher Bob wrote:
WhiteHotAfterburner wrote:Yeah, no 'plan' to intentionally produce seeds :winky:

Thank you for the advice. You assuaged my trepidation! :tup:
Once you've dealt with a few males, you will feel completely at ease aboot it.
The hardest part is not having experienced it. Once you do, you're going to be...pfft, that was easy. :p

I try to read everything...answer what I can...but a lot of what you are doing is outside my realm...so I just watch the show. :)
That you're here is my reward.

Regardless the advice - it is a true pleasure to even exchange a few words with you, my friend, truly! :tup:

Always a pleasure! :smoke:

:rockon:,
WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

WHAB's Ebb & Flow Upgrade In Progress!

Lrus007 wrote:here is a good trick i came up with myself.
get a battery type black light. when room is dark.
look around with the black light. the nanners will
glow. makes looking for them easy.
That sounds easy enough! :tup: I had never heard of that before, so it is obviously something you conjured on your own! :wink:

I'll look around and see what I can find, the cordless black light part...not the nanners (yet) :grin:! :winky:

Thank you so much, my friend!

Btw, I should have known about the concept of reinforcing attach points in materials.

I have actually done some lacing and doping (not that kind of "Dope" :winky: :grin:) of fabric-covered aircraft. A reinforcing strip is applied over the fabric and lacing at every point of contact with the aircraft's structure.

When I read your words advising to run tape at the contact points I instantly thought of that work. It made me do one of those "Why didn't I think of that" moments! :winky: :grin:

Thanks again, Lrus! :tup:

:puffpass:,
WHAB

mistergrafik

WHAB: Still Forming Woodworking Shop & Future Grow Resid

Post by mistergrafik »

WHAB

Since ur exceptionally good at building things. Maybe try ur hand at an isolation chamber?

Would like to collaborate with you ~ If you'd ever want to try and host a male safely in your space.

I don't want to out link to another forum board so here are pics for you. Your intuit can fill in the design ~

I actually have a modified , better drawing version of this with two tubs turned over on themselves and feed lines going in so no need to open at all..
6.jpg
8.jpg
Just food for thought ~

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

WHAB Ebb & Flow Flower Loft...

As near as I can tell it's Veg Day 48 :facepalm: :roll: :toker1:

I know for sure it's Flower Day 1!!! :woohoo:
Flower Day 1 0011 05162021.jpg
I'll have to monitor the temps and adjust the environmental controls accordingly.

Bucket #3 that I know I popped a thread on is not leaking! :tup:

I dumped the Flush Solution, Rinsed the Reservoir with Scalding water (again), using a 1/4 Ultra Bleach to Water Solution I scrubbed out the Reservoir (again) (body and soul - again :winky:), rinsed that out with scalding water again then put the res back where it belongs.

I filled the Res with a few gallons of water and mixed in Mega Crop Part A ... at the Early Flower recipe of 2.5 grams per gallon. 40 gallons. 100grams.
Flower Day 1 0001 05162021.jpg
Then Part B ... at the Early Flower recipe of 2.5 grams per gallon. 40 gallons. 100grams.
Flower Day 1 0002 05162021.jpg
Flower Day 1 0002 05162021.jpg (789.3 KiB) Viewed 906 times
I only put a few gallons in the res so I could better thoroughly mix the components making sure they are in fact broken down and dissolved in the mixture instead of trying to get it done in 40 gallons.

I'm glad I hit on using a paint mixer to get this done. It works amazingly!
Flower Day 1 1 05162021.jpg
On top of that idea, I also started using a corded drill and it works twice as well as the cordless drill!

The other day I recalled I have a larger paint mixer that I use for making Ice Hash. I'm pretty certain I know where it is at (about 15 feet from where I am sitting - in my soft-sided tool box (a suitcase my Mom bought for me to carry my tools back to California when I came to Missouri to remodel her bathroom and re-roof her house - I bought the tools for those tasks. She gave me a way to carry them "home".). I'm going to put it to work next time! :grin:

I adjusted the pH 'this time' :winky: to 5.7.
Flower Day 1 0003 05162021.jpg
And an E.C. of 1.6 (800ppm on 500 scale).
Flower Day 1 0004 05162021.jpg
Now the girls on Veg Day 48, Flower Day 1 (I'm probably going to just go with the next perspective instead on this one, the lower portion of the setup.
Flower Day 1 0006 05162021.jpg
The upper portion...
Flower Day 1 0007 05162021.jpg
Note above, I did change the MH bulb out for a HPS bulb I got from Roots! It is a Xtrasun 1000W, 200,000 20,000 Lumen High Pressure Sodium bulb.
Flower Day 1 0010 05162021.jpg
Flower Day 1 0010 05162021.jpg (1.16 MiB) Viewed 906 times
(THANK YOU, again, man!) (I tried to use one of the sockets you sent me but it doesn't hang from a hook in the ceiling in the way this socket does. Again, I do have a Vertical Hood up in the loft I'll use it on).

Also, I knew this whole time I was going to use the Light Cage I'd have to have access to the bulb, to change it out and/or adjusting its height. I did raise the bulb about 4 or 5 inches from where I had it with the MH. I cut a Access Panel in the Light Cage in between buckets #1 and #6.

Then I swapped out the one Intermatic Timer for the other (I will keep one for Vegetative and one for Flower Stages).
Flower Day 1 0009 05162021.jpg
Now, I'm presented with another dilemma...

HOW THE HECK am I supposed to stick 8 more plants in there?!?! :dunno:

I think I'm going to have to set up a second area in the loft and move the cloning/rooting area. I don't know yet where that 'might' be, possibly under the loft where the Res is now. I'll start figuring that out in the next couple/few days.

One thing left to do with the new Ebb & Flow system is to upsize the Fill hoses and fitting in the Controller and the Res to 3/4 inch. According to the tracking information, they're due in Tuesday.

Still have to attend to some minor light leaks.

And, I forgot to add H202. I'll get that done right now!

Good morning!

Make it a great day! :tup:

After adding the H202, it's time for a :volcano:!

'maybe some food?!?! actual food?!?!' :dunno: :wink:

Edit Correction: NOT 200,000 Lumen! :roflmao:

WHAB
Last edited by WhiteHotAfterburner on Sun May 16, 2021 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

mistergrafik wrote:WHAB

Since ur exceptionally good at building things. Maybe try ur hand at an isolation chamber?

Would like to collaborate with you ~ If you'd ever want to try and host a male safely in your space.

I don't want to out link to another forum board so here are pics for you. Your intuit can fill in the design ~

I actually have a modified , better drawing version of this with two tubs turned over on themselves and feed lines going in so no need to open at all..
6.jpg
8.jpg
Just food for thought ~
That looks like it might be an interesting design exercise to ponder!

Respectfully, I am not at a point where I would even consider branching out to breeding.

I have enough on my plate as it is. Maybe in the distant future that 'might' change, but right now, I just don't see that in my near future. Thank you for even considering me, sincerely!

IF I were to start another project on top of the ones I have going or I'm contemplating, keeping a Mother would be it.

I recall seeing many dual tub (Turtled Tub) grows when I first got involved in growing. They called them something that doesn't come to mind at this moment.

After looking at your picture the first thing that comes to my mind is a Fire Extinguisher cabinet - the kind that hangs on a wall with the "Break Glass In Case Of Fire" writing on the glass.

Remind me when things settle down here, please, and I will certainly afford it some time!

Thanks again for even broaching the topic with me!

WHAB

mistergrafik

Post by mistergrafik »

Morning there WHAB -

you don't have to be a top breeder to keep a good male, and produce more personal seed of a line that you like.
But I understand and respect your perspective on not being ready to taking that on.

I was more so speaking out a place of helping me build one! :toker1:

As for the old school bins; If I'm not mistaken you're talking about 'Spacebuckets'

Which were modified tubs or trashcans to be stealth and effective ~

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

mistergrafik wrote:Morning there WHAB -

you don't have to be a top breeder to keep a good male, and produce more personal seed of a line that you like.
But I understand and respect your perspective on not being ready to taking that on.

I was more so speaking out a place of helping me build one! :toker1:

As for the old school bins; If I'm not mistaken you're talking about 'Spacebuckets'

Which were modified tubs or trashcans to be stealth and effective ~
I'll help where I can.

Some basic concepts would be helpful. What are you looking to do? What are you looking for? What are your primary design elements ie lights, heat extraction (besides the pancake fan, are you looking for passive intake air?), watering...etc?

And, yeah, you're right...the Turtled Tubs were part of the Stealth Cab "movement", now that you mention it.

:smoke:,
WHAB

mistergrafik

Post by mistergrafik »

Heya WHAB.

It would be a simple holding station that can exist within an already running growing space, potentially with other female plants.
Clear plastic all the way around exception of the base for drainage. so the already utilized light can get through; no additional wiring for the lighting.

Two tubs flipped onto one another; with one of those garage door rubber things between the two sections with clamps around the 4 sides.

Allows you to place the plant into the drain section and close the top right over it.

1) exhaust up top figured out with HEPA filters rated for pollen. That good stuff ~

I tried passive before; but this doesn't work you will get mold and rot; potential clumping of the pollen.
So there would need to be forced, soft 'ambient' ventilation - creating a vacuum of sorts so the pollen wont fly everywhere.

2) one or two brushless fans with HEPA filters can be used near the base around the pot to help aerate the soils.

3) Feed tubes would be installed through the walls at the base and the tricky part would be; draining to a lightweight 'bar' style brushed aluminum drain fitting that can be closed off and disconnected.

Then you can grow the male out until it dumps, remove the entire bin safely to a new location and proceed.

I've been meaning to try this for some time now. Just getting inspiration from all ur construction ~

I've got some drawing but won't clog ur thread up

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

mistergrafik wrote:Heya WHAB.

It would be a simple holding station that can exist within an already running growing space, potentially with other female plants.
Clear plastic all the way around exception of the base for drainage. so the already utilized light can get through; no additional wiring for the lighting.

Two tubs flipped onto one another; with one of those garage door rubber things between the two sections with clamps around the 4 sides.

Allows you to place the plant into the drain section and close the top right over it.

1) exhaust up top figured out with HEPA filters rated for pollen. That good stuff ~

I tried passive before; but this doesn't work you will get mold and rot; potential clumping of the pollen.
So there would need to be forced, soft 'ambient' ventilation - creating a vacuum of sorts so the pollen wont fly everywhere.

2) one or two brushless fans with HEPA filters can be used near the base around the pot to help aerate the soils.

3) Feed tubes would be installed through the walls at the base and the tricky part would be; draining to a lightweight 'bar' style brushed aluminum drain fitting that can be closed off and disconnected.

Then you can grow the male out until it dumps, remove the entire bin safely to a new location and proceed.

I've been meaning to try this for some time now. Just getting inspiration from all ur construction ~

I've got some drawing but won't clog ur thread up
I'm a visual person and I'm having just a little bit of trouble seeing what is in your mind.

Would your finished product (basic shape) look like the picture you posted but all clear?

I believe what you're describing is Weatherstripping.

I'm not sure what this "a lightweight 'bar' style brushed aluminum drain fitting" is.

And, it's going to be portable or have a removable "bin" in it?

I'll always help in the advancement of thought, especially that which results in action.

Post your drawings. As I mentioned, I am a visual person AND I like drawings :winky:

I'm not sure how much time I can devote to it over the next day or two - I have a Colonoscopy tomorrow and I just started the Pre-Op medications.

Things could get messy around here over the next 24 hours! :roflmao:

:smoke:,
WHAB