Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: Turbine Powered Toker
Has bestowed Karma : 521 times
Received Karma : 217 times

WHAB: Still Forming Woodworking Shop & Future Grow Resid

Post by WhiteHotAfterburner »

NOW I 'really' get it about the seasoning of the griddle. Last night when it was cooling down but not cooled down I ran a utensil across it and it was sticky, gummy.

Just now on my way to my Espresso (Rocket Fuel) machine, I ran my hand over it and it is slicker than snail snot!
Reseason Griddle 0007 01232021.png
I'm thinking 'maybe' a few more oil spreads and scorchings 'may' fill in the portions of the surface that are rough and pitted - maybe. (more cooking oil and paper towels - I'm telling ya, folks, they're gonna have to boost production to satisfy my needs alone and in the process boost your investment! :winky:)

Finish this...
Reseason Griddle 0008 01232021.png
Reseason Griddle 0008 01232021.png (9.59 MiB) Viewed 1288 times
...then I'll make a cup of Rocket Fuel for the road and I'm outtie!

Again, make it a great day!

:tup:,
WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Medical Supplies :grin:
Road Trip and Medical Supplies 0001 01242021.png
See ya tonight! (or sooner, depending).

:wave:,
WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Good thing I brought Medical Supplies. I needed them :roflmao:. Got through the whole loading and tarping done and split my thumb back open hooking the cargo net in place. Was bleeding all over the place before I could stop long enough to wash it off, rinse it down and bandage it up - with the help of my BIL. Everything on the trailer except for 4 Willys Station Wagon rims (with ratty tires on them) I loaded myself. My BIL did help with the tires and rims. I need them for my Willys Wagon that's already here.

I just got back (when I first started composing this message). Thumb has HAD a YUGE bandage on it (twice the size of the one I put on the other day). Can't get into my phone. Can't take a picture of the load on this end. I can't get into my phone. That thumbprint is my security code :roflmao:

Edit: I had to take the bandage off to get into my phone to even Bluetooth to my PC the pictures I took before I opened the wound up. :crazy:
Storage Plus 006 01242021.png
But, I'm pretty sure I got everything I needed plus some things I grabbed just in case I may need them. A small hood (I don't remember what size it supports) and a (from memory) 400W MH High Bay. Someone in Colorado unrelated to the community gave it to me - the same guy I bought that trailer from. It's a brand new fixture, still in its original box.

I also brought all 18 of my buckets but probably won't ever be growing that many here...probably. *subject to change :wink:*

The blue barrel here in the back right corner is the reservoir. The buckets are right next to the barrel but you can't see them in that shot.
Storage Plus 001 01242021.png
Then some of my Willys parts. I have a full set of hardboard interior panels right there, un-upholstered. And extra glass and other parts. Doors, bumpers, leaf springs...etc.
Storage Plus 002 01242021.png
The other fender.
Storage Plus 003 01242021.png
There is a front end in there too...on the blue barrel back in the first image.

You'll notice the cloning machine someone here made for me. They got the materials, labored over it AND shipped it to me out of pocket!!! I don't remember the members handle :frown: Thank you, thank you, thank you (IF it's you give me a holler, please!)...it's going back into service!

You'll see I even brought my 1000W HPS ballast. I am hoping I don't have to use it. I hope to switch to LED. But, DAMN, they're still VERY expensive!!! So, IF I can't swing LED's the 1000W HPS is going back into service. I know I saw a box with the bulbs I need made it onto the trailer. I have a vertical socket for the 1000W HPS. I hope it made it on the trailer. The reflector for the 1000W HPS is there, I saw itl. Nutrients and my PH testers are in there too. I'm not sure the nutrients are still good. I'm hoping the PH testers are *crosses fingers*.

I was done getting things out of the storage unit, but not done putting things in the trailer. Still had to get the rims from another location. It's close by so I didn't tie anything down. In fact, it's not even finally packed.
Storage Plus 005 01242021.png
Then on this end.
Storage Plus 007 01242021.png
Storage Plus 008 01242021.png
I can't even type with this damn thing on my thumb....I'm going to try and take it off and IF I don't bleed out, get in my phone at least.

I went for the rims and my grow gear and brought a bunch of tools and shop cabinets I need. I did not intend to bring the cabinets. One is actually pretty neat. I'm sure it came out of a shop.

It's sort or raining out there now so I'm going to leave it until I get up tomorrow.

Gonna try and remove that flap of skin on my thumb now that I have it opened up again...

:smoke:,
WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Flat-Out raining now. I looked earlier and I didn't see rain forecasted. Just now I heard rain hitting the building. I can't hear a normal rain hitting the building. The roof is so tall (and it even starts 11-1/2 feet off the floor) and the double stacked bricks walls I can't hear very much of the outside at all. When I heard it I was puzzled at first, but yep...flat-out raining.
Flatout Raining 01242021.png
Good decision to tarp the load (even though I did it for other reasons) and a great decision to stay indoors for the evening!!! :toker1:

Time for a :volcano: *not Volcano, wish it was. Just a trusty old Arizer Extreme Q*

WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Good afternoon!

Our friend Oldjoints was able to find the Wolf C34S griddle yesterday. It was located on this site https://expertappliance.com/partfinder- ... elite3.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; using the root part # 924012-0.

That site has created their own part # as well - Z9-924012-0-49WW.

Thank you ever so much, my friend!

I don't know any more than the slim information on that page. No picture. No dimensions...etc.

They have a price of $485.04 on their page.

IF I need to replace the griddle and I can't find it elsewhere for less I will avail myself of the information Oldjoints discovered for me.

I am going to contact the company to see if they can give me more information to make sure this is in fact the right part. IF I have to replace this one I'll sell one of my children to get it! :roflmao:

I do note they list it as "GENUINE WOLF UPDATED DESIGN GRIDDLE PLATE". The "updated" does intrigue me. I'm really curious as to what the update could possibly be. It's a hunk of steel with a runoff chute. :confused: :grin:

Thanks again for taking the trouble, brother...I do greatly appreciate it! :tup:

:beercheer:

WHAB

dill786
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: memento mori
Has bestowed Karma : 955 times
Received Karma : 744 times

Post by dill786 »

never knew what a griddle was till today......
Kuchisabishii

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

dill786 wrote:never knew what a griddle was till today......
Hey dill :wave:!

As I understand it, a person can cook an entire meal on one; main and side dishes (multiple side dishes) all at the same time (with consideration of variable cook times). I have not used one in that capacity, yet.

Sort of like Mongolian Barbecue.

If anyone is not familiar with Mongolian Barbecue, they are restaurants where as you went in you made the selections you wanted cooked (as many as you wanted that fit in one bowl) and then they would put all those ingredients on a large (somewhat convexed I think - old memory) round griddle and as they completed one trip around this circular griddle your meal was ready.

These are similar to that except they're not circular nor convexed (if my memory is clear on the Mongolian Barbecue being dome shaped).

I do look forward to trying this griddle. And, if it really does maintain a "non-stick" surface it 'should' making clean-up easier and any labor saving tools like that that I can have are all the better.

I will not be providing Mongolian Barbecue, probably :dunno: :grin:

Make it a great day, dill! :tup:

:smoke: ,
WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

WhiteHotAfterburner wrote:Good afternoon!

Our friend Oldjoints was able to find the Wolf C34S griddle yesterday. It was located on this site https://expertappliance.com/partfinder- ... elite3.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; using the root part # 924012-0.

That site has created their own part # as well - Z9-924012-0-49WW.

Thank you ever so much, my friend!

I don't know any more than the slim information on that page. No picture. No dimensions...etc.

They have a price of $485.04 on their page.

IF I need to replace the griddle and I can't find it elsewhere for less I will avail myself of the information Oldjoints discovered for me.

I am going to contact the company to see if they can give me more information to make sure this is in fact the right part. IF I have to replace this one I'll sell one of my children to get it! :roflmao:

I do note they list it as "GENUINE WOLF UPDATED DESIGN GRIDDLE PLATE". The "updated" does intrigue me. I'm really curious as to what the update could possibly be. It's a hunk of steel with a runoff chute. :confused: :grin:

Thanks again for taking the trouble, brother...I do greatly appreciate it! :tup:

:beercheer:

WHAB
I did contact the above mentioned retailer - thanks again, Oldjoints!, but didn't have any success in clearly identifying that this griddle on this range is the griddle they're offering. They could not provide even basic information. They could not tell me which griddle surface the one that they're selling had. There are two, I am finding; one stainless steel and the other is has chrome surface. They also couldn't tell what the "UPDATED DESIGN".

They could not even give me the dimensions of the griddle they want me to pay $485.04 for :confused: .

They made sure to inform me that there is a one year warranty on the item. As if to say., buy it - and if you don't like it, send it back :frown:

*here's to this griddle functioning to its best ability in light of its previously harsh life (I'm sure never cleaned, stored for a time out in the weather) :winky:*

WHAB

Oldjoints

WHAB: Still Forming Woodworking Shop & Future Grow Residence

Post by Oldjoints »

Get a pumice brick, they are cheap and work better than anything else. Use when griddle is hot for best results.

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

WHAB: Still Forming Woodworking Shop & Future Grow Residence

Oldjoints wrote:Get a pumice brick, they are cheap and work better than anything else. Use when griddle is hot for best results.
It was one of the first thing I bought in anticipation of using the griddle at some point in the future. It turns out it is not "Pumice". It is fiberglass. I only found one that is actually Pumice - $35 for 2 x Grill Cleaning Pumice Bricks + Aluminum Grill Brick Holder. I already have an Aluminum Grill Brick Holder. I bought it along with my what I thought was a pumice brick. I tightened it down when I first received it. I tightened it down as tight as I thought was reasonable without crushing it. The first time I used it the handle came off. The tighter you make it the more it seems to crush the "pumice". I stopped at a certain point because of concern of crushing it to a point of making it unusable.

It is being offered by U.S. Pumice, so I'm 'assuming' that means it's actually pumice and not fiberglass. A skeptical :roll: . :grin:

I don't like the idea of dragging fiberglass across my cooking surface.

And, I did use the stone on this grill. BUT, I used it before I really knew how to use it. I used it as a means of removing surface imperfections in the rough condition it was in when I received it. I used it dry. It left behind a BUNCH of whatever it leaves behind :wink:

I understand now that it should be used with a fluid. Water or Cooking Oil. I will try that when it comes to cleaning it. However, I'll likely try just using a soft scrub brush first. A scrub brush is one of the recommendations I have found. I like the idea of keeping the surface they way it is. In my mind, it would seem using any stone on the surface I have now would reduce that surface to something less 'non-stick'. And, yes...they do recommend you use the brick when the griddle is hot :tup:

I don't really know any of this for certain except for what I personally experienced described above. Gonna have to sort this out as I go along and exercise a tenet of Lean Manufacturing; Continuous Improvement. Continuous Improvement is trying something, if it works you keep it, if it doesn't work you try something else. With the goal of eliminating inefficiencies and improve efficiencies, reducing waste and labor time lost.

Man, this turned out to be a long post for such a simple item :roflmao:

Take very good care, Oldjoints!

WHAB