Has bestowed Karma : 521 times
Received Karma : 217 times

WHAB: Still Forming Woodworking Shop & Future Grow Residence

Post by WhiteHotAfterburner »

I'm done for the day/morning!

Boy, did I knock a hole in it!?!?

Storage Shelves 0000 10042021.jpg
Storage Shelves 0001 10042021.jpg

ALL that stuff was in the Schoolhouse, somewhere. Either in the Foyer or in the Classroom. Was all in the Loft, then out of the Loft to return to the floor space around here!

Got more to do, yet! Another day...

Oh, I got the Brake/Running Light changed out. I can't find my Dielectric Grease, though! It's around here somewhere! I've seen it within the past year! :winky: :roflmao: I'll have to take it apart again when I find it or buy more (I'm not buying more, I know I have some :winky:)!

I think I figured out how the water got in there.

I'm whooped! I'll post later.

Good morning! :smoke:

Make it a great day! :tup:

:volcano: Raspberry Cough Round 2! :winky:,
WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: Turbine Powered Toker

:volcano: Raspberry Cough Round 2! :winky:, WHAB :-D

:volcano: Raspberry Cough Round 2!

Arizer Raspberry Coughy 0002 10042021.jpg

:winky:,
WHAB

Lrus007
Advanced Grower
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: hash and oil maker
Has bestowed Karma : 1084 times
Received Karma : 1699 times

Post by Lrus007 »

i used to build barns ect.
look up ridge vent.
that is what that little door is.
My therapist says I am a habitual liar and an attention seeker, therefore nothing I say/write is true and under no circumstances should I be believed nor held accountable for anything I say. all photo's are paintings

People are born with the instinct to fight against their own death, to struggle with their last breath against even the most unavoidable and uncompromising ends.

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

It's Probably Just A Problem With My Overripe Melon, Brother! :crazy:

Lrus007 wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:23 pm
i used to build barns ect.
look up ridge vent.
that is what that little door is.
I get what you're saying, my friend :tup:.

It's just not making sense in this circumstance. I can't get it to make sense in my Overripe Melon! :winky:

It's probably just a problem with my Overripe Melon, brother! :crazy:

:beercheer:,
WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

To Say This Place Was Cluttered IS An UNDERSTATEMENT! First Pass Through!...AND MORE! :-)

Progress on the Grow has been temporarily halted.

Something very important just fell into place.

Having gotten around to 'finally' building "some" shelves in that odd little building - something that's been needed since I moved the woodworking machines here - it was a great time to disgorge the 1924 Brick Schoolhouse Woodshop/Grow Residence. :tup: :crazy: :roflmao:

To say it was cluttered might be the greatest understatements in all of understatement history! :roflmao:

It's embarrassing how cluttered it had become. I wasn't going to post pictures of it....but, on reconsideration, I am.

Real life shit! :roflmao:

This is just the "First Pass Through" *subject to change* :winky:

This is taken from the pocket door at the entrance to the Classroom (some is burn pile material that will be handled shortly), some of the boxes in front of the MASSIVE Island just need to be gone through.

This is all I've been doing for the past few days, making a first pass through, getting things out to the shed or prep the entranceway with stuff going out to the shed.

The island has just become a YUGE Catch-All, mostly due to the fact that I had not made a 'Home' for any of it, yet...

A couple of weeks ago my niece told me that the island top was rotated at one point and it was made to go the other way around. I rotated the MASSIVE Island 180° by myself....not as easy at that 'might' seem. I took all the 'big', 'top heavy' items off of it and muscled it around.

It did not make a whit of difference. I've concluded it is just built wrong (down on the list).

There was a YUGE Settee in the Foyer where my toolboxes now reside. There was a YUGE lounging chair sort of thing.

They've been in here the entire time I have been.

Conveniently my niece asked for the YUGE chair thingy! Whew! :tup:

With the garage space somewhat more usable, at least for some temporary storage, that's where I had intended to put both of them. They YUGE chair thing went to the Main House and the Settee went into the garage. My niece believes it is an antique Settee. I didn't want to shoot her idea down, but it is NOT antique. It may not be 20 years old even. Its construction informs me.

But, here's the starting point...

PrePass 0001 10102021.jpg
PrePass 0002 10102021.jpg
PrePass 0003 10102021.jpg

It was becoming difficult to even move around here...

But, First Pass Through...everything in the foreground is going to the storage shed or to the burn pile...

First Pass Through 0001 10102021.jpg
First Pass Through 0002 10102021.jpg
First Pass Through 0003 10102021.jpg

P.S. You're NOT seeing double. That is an A/C unit I picked up that is identical to the one I have in the Loft now. It was purchased a few months after mine. I brought my trailer to where it was, loaded it up....got it back to the Schoolhouse....plugged it in and NOTHING! Not so much as a beep! :facepalm: (more on that in the future)

Continued, to include MORE! :winky:

:tup:,
WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

To Say This Place Was Cluttered IS An UNDERSTATEMENT! First Pass Through!...AND MORE! :-)

First Pass Through 0004 10102021.jpg
First Pass Through 0005 10102021.jpg
First Pass Through 0006 10102021.jpg

I don't think I've been able to access the MASSIVE Island from all 4 sides since I moved the equipment in. Mostly because of the Settee and the YUGE chair thingy.

It's a start.

It's going to allow me to imagine the space how I originally intended it to be...a 'first draft', of sorts! :winky:

Now, for the "MORE"...

I've had this Torchère for decades. I've been packing it around for decades intending to rehab it at some point. I think it has earned the effort.

I finally got around to even looking at it more closely. The closest I have ever looked at it in all that time.

I brought them here to see if anyone here showed even the slightest interest (2 to 3 females, or more, here at any one point in time). No one ever did. That is likely to change once I complete it and display it in all of its glory.

This one, I have 2, is the more elaborate of the 2. The other is just a simple Torchère.

I've never personally seen a Torchère like it.

Up front, I have abused it. It had been in dry storage for the decades I've been packing it around.

When I brought them here, they were in much better shape then they are now.

I stored them outdoors in a covered area but it wasn't dried in and it has a dirt floor :facepalm: :frown:

Some light corrosion has formed on them.

But, the really interesting thing to me is the elaborate light system in it.

Torchere 0001 10102021.jpg
Torchere 0002 10102021.jpg
Torchere 0003 10102021.jpg

MORE continued...,
WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

MORE Continued...Amazing Torchère!

I sprayed the nut with Penetrant Lubricant in preparation of the future...the underside of the base has surface corrosion on it from sitting in the dirt for about a year :facepalm: :frown:

Torchere 0004 10102021.jpg

This Torchère has THREE light systems in it. THREE separate switches on it for the THREE separate lights.

The very top, of course. The secondary triple bulb 'candle' light system....AND....

*Drumroll!*

The Colored Glass Base has it's own light, inside. It is activated by the Foot Switch.

Torchere 0005 10102021.jpg

The very bottom colored glass is lighted from behind with my Headlamp to simulate what it would look like lighted.

Torchere 0006 10102021.jpg

I'm not sure if the colored glass above the base glass lights up. My head is saying it must. Why have it IF not to display it with lights like the bottom 'globe'(?) is.

Torchere 0007 10102021.jpg

But, besides wanting to rehab it, WHAT DO I DO WITH IT UNTIL THEN???

This what my overripe melon devised! :roflmao:

Torchere 0008 10102021.jpg

I have a coat-rack I have not been able to put up in the living space as it mounts to a wall. These walls are cement. I just haven't devoted the time and effort to get it done, yet. I had this coat-rack mounted in the under-loft space, it was my 'closet' before I transformed it in to a grow space...leaving me no space for my clothes :facepalm: :frown:. You can see my solution in some of the pictures. I bought one of those portable closets off of Amazon and the bins to go underneath it. It is STUFFED right now. Just getting all of my clothes centrally located. I'll sort that out over time.

Using it as a coat-rack for the time being solves two problems. It gives it a job (nothing around here gets away without having a job, having work to do! :crazy: :roflmao:) and I needed a coat-rack (coat-rack/hat-rack (I plan to display ballcaps along the upper perimeter of the ceiling (at some point in the future)) of some sort. AND, it keeps it forefront in my mind. I'll have to pass it twice, every time I leave the schoolhouse and every time I return.

It's going to be a beautiful Torchère again, in the future.

***And, I'll bet, ANY of the ladies that see it WILL want it as their own. I've never seen another one like it***

I'll be getting back to the grow space once I have the storage in storage and get some of these horizontal surfaces cleared up. That's before I set up spaces for everything. Tools where tools belong. Hardware where hardware belongs...etc. That is in the distant future, but I have been at least sort of grouping like items together, sort of! :winky:

I hope you're ALL having a Melodious evening! :tup:

Make it a great day! :tup:

Time for a :puffpass:. Join me? :winky:

:puffpass:,
WHAB

ben ttech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: godisnotwhite.com
Has bestowed Karma : 385 times
Received Karma : 240 times

Post by ben ttech »

nice lamp!
"disaster is the mother of necessity" rSin

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

ben ttech wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:37 pm
nice lamp!
Hey Ben! :wave:

Thank you, man!

:rockon:,
WHAB

Lrus007
Advanced Grower
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: hash and oil maker
Has bestowed Karma : 1084 times
Received Karma : 1699 times

Post by Lrus007 »

ok a few things for that lamp is cool btw.
50/50 acetone and transmission fluid to put
on that nut. it will soak into threads and nut.
for the rusty bottom of the base. get some naval jelly.
you brush on wait and rinse off. works pretty well.
use a 6 point socket on that nut. when you take it off.
My therapist says I am a habitual liar and an attention seeker, therefore nothing I say/write is true and under no circumstances should I be believed nor held accountable for anything I say. all photo's are paintings

People are born with the instinct to fight against their own death, to struggle with their last breath against even the most unavoidable and uncompromising ends.