Licensed to Krill

Irwin the Troll
Karma Whore
Karma Whore
Has bestowed Karma : 30 times
Received Karma : 141 times

Just another white widow thread

Post by Irwin the Troll »

Prawn Connery wrote:Haha! I know - I jacked Irwin's thread!

Who's the troll now, muthafucka??? :fubird:
Actually it was me who brought up Cinderella 99
Irwin the Troll wrote:I saw today that Grimm Brothers is bringing back Cinderella 99 I'm pretty excited about that
you're just so long-winded it seems that way :smoke:
Last edited by Irwin the Troll on Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Irwin the Troll
Karma Whore
Karma Whore

Here is day 58 but she suffering some lower branch disappearance do to my insufficient supply of smoke running on eight hours of light per day I'll probably Harvest next week
IMAG1062.jpg
IMAG1061.jpg
IMAG1060.jpg
:bonghitter:

Irwin the Troll
Karma Whore
Karma Whore

Getting by the horrid flavor of uncured bud, the high from this lady is mostly a heady euphoria, with light body mellow relaxed effects on my back pain.... very nice

Butters
some karma
some karma
Custom Title: unofficial curvature

Post by Butters »

Jesús Malverde wrote:There's a lot of various flower on the market here sold as C99, and I gotta say most of it is pretty much right on. I grew the Joey Weed version of the plant and loved it, there's not a lot of plants with a notably sativa character that one can grow here outdoors this far north, and the JW C99 not only did that but had a very pleasant fruity smell-taste with a hint of cat pissy bitter to keep it from being cloying, and a strong, heady sativa buzz that I found very pleasant.
Prawn Connery wrote:Don't get me wrong - I can understand the appeal of a fast-finishing sativa high. And I've always read good things about JW's F2s. But I've yet to hear or read someone say C99 has a long-lasting high.
Hijack cont. :innocent:
fyi Joey Weed Seeds are back at HD. Not sure, but I'd imagine he's still using the same parents. I tended a lot of his stuff years ago and was never disappointed...his C99 f2's were just as good as the F1's, imo. They're already sold out, but Brad at HD says they'll restock soon.
Please excuse the interruption Irwin :smoke:
mean people suck :smoke:

Irwin the Troll
Karma Whore
Karma Whore

Gypsy's f2s were phenomenal

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 417 times
Received Karma : 511 times

Post by Prawn Connery »

I know you're desperate for smoke, but that plant is very sativa dominant and only just getting into its stride - it easily has 2-3 weeks to go. You'll be rewarded with a better yield and high. But if you really have to harvest in a week, leave it on 12/12 and make use of the remaining time. Cutting back to 8/16 will hurt bud production more than speed it up. You could keep it on 12/12 for six days and leave it in the dark for 24+ hours to increase trichome production before harvest and still get better results. I used to leave my plants in the dark for up to 48 hours at the end.

Sorry to break it to you, but I think I jacked this thread two pages ago when I started dribbling shit about a pub crawl . . .

Troll!!!
Licensed to Krill

Irwin the Troll
Karma Whore
Karma Whore

Well then thank you for jacking me off . :smoke: the eight hours for the last 2 weeks was something I read for the White Widow strain on Leafly just giving it a shot to see if it is correct I'll hold off as long as I can on the Harvest but I have 2 more right behind it at three weeks in flower I can let them go longer :toker1: I don't have to have the best pot in the world just the cheapest.

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 417 times
Received Karma : 511 times

Post by Prawn Connery »

I don't see much point in cutting back to 8 hours, myself. You're better off just letting the plant run its natural course and maximising light and yield. More light - whether it's PAR or flowering photoperiod - always equals more yield.

I've grown a few sativas in my time (mostly all I grew), and I flowered all of them under 12/12 - waiting in some cases up to 15 weeks for them to finish. There was only one particular strain - which was an almost pure sativa I got off a grower in South Africa (not Durban - Malawi I believe) - which I needed to switch to 11/13 to get to flower faster. Even then, I'm not sure it made that much difference.

What you need to remember is that sativas are equatorial species, and in the tropics there is not a lot variance in photoperiod during the year compared to more extreme latitudes. If you are on the equator, for example, there is pretty much 12 hours of daylight every day. Sativas have evolved to flower with very subtle variances in photoperiod (which is what makes them so prone to light stress - light leaks - and hermaphrodism), so I'm not sure you need to cut back on a lot of light to affect flowering. If you want to mimic natural photoperiods in the tropics, like the onset of autumn etc, I reckon you're better off switching to 11/13 or at most 10/14.

Just my opinion (and some experience), but would love to hear from anyone who has had a different experience. Of course, extreme heat will delay flowering, and so will excess nitrogen - in addition to light stress.

Indicas are a little different, as they are a temperate species and have shorter (more extreme photoperiod variance) growing seasons
Licensed to Krill

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 70 times
Received Karma : 131 times

Post by Jesús Malverde »

Indicas, due to their temperate climate adaption, are generally much easier to grow indoors (or outdoors in a temperate zone). We struggled mightily growing tropical sativas, which were all we had back in the paleolithic era, under florescent lights. When the first indica seeds showed up here from the hippy trail in the late seventies, it changed everything. Sativas are a challenge outside their tropical homes.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow