MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT
Has bestowed Karma : 15 times
Received Karma : 231 times

Nothing to see here, move along

Post by MadMoonMan »

Duct tape works in emergency if you break a branch.
Just because I can't spell misanthrope doesn't mean I'm completely stupid.

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 70 times
Received Karma : 131 times

Post by Jesús Malverde »

Growing indica dominants under fluorescents is for experts; growing pure sativas under fluorescents is for crazy mad scientist experts.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by MadMoonMan »

Jesús Malverde wrote:Growing indica dominants under fluorescents is for experts; growing pure sativas under fluorescents is for crazy mad scientist experts.
Naw my Friend its not that difficult. It does take practice and you should start small and build up. Use what you have and can afford.

My earliest successful grow. I had flourescent lights in the celing. Couldn't move them down so I moved the plants up on top of cabinets.

Noob but.. This was before the innernet and seed sales. You bought weed you also bought seed.

Sprouting bag seed... practice.

Pure Sativas .. bagseed.. pain in ass but you can grow it. It's just not worth your time unless your learning to grow and practicing.

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by MadMoonMan »

You can grow under a light bulb... My first plant.

11th grade?

I met a Preying Mantis I put in with it.

She spoke to me in her hand signaling language.

Unfortunately, I can't remember what she said because I don't speak Preying Mantis.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1751 times
Received Karma : 1537 times

Post by Intrinsic »

Yeah MMM, we must be around the same age ....

My introduction to canna growing, For a wet between the ears doe-eyed burgeoning botanist in '74 is was pure sugar. Still have it. it was the bible for me and it used fluorescents.
Attachments
melfrankBook.JPG

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 70 times
Received Karma : 131 times

Post by Jesús Malverde »

I remember that book. Those are actually pretty damn nice looking buds for growing Columbian Gold under shop lights! I felt like king of the world when i got ones that nice. The cool part was that the smoke you got after going through all that was actually really fine.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by Intrinsic »

Roots wrote:No matter how conservative of a county you live in there is no DA in your state who would take your case...and no jury who would convict.
That would be nice, The local cops (Sheriff deputies) can get around that if they want simply by NOT arresting me for the criminal offense under Prop64, but as a $250 infraction (a ticket only) under prop65.
Sure I can contest it by showing up for court, but I'd still lose my plants and time in court and still may have to pay the 250 cause I was wasting the judge's precious time.
Boy that would really up my cost per ounce.

I just want to grow my inevitable 11 footer monster :grin: in my veggie garden this year and be square and legal. Legal For what that is worth with pigs.

But this nagging consideration what I have now works, no one knows, no rippers to worry about, if it ant broken don't fix it .. sorta thing.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by Intrinsic »

Week 15 from seed. Another 3-4 weeks?
Jan26A.JPG
Jan26B.JPG
Jan26D.JPG
Jan26D.JPG (100.78 KiB) Viewed 3215 times
Trics.JPG
Looking up.JPG
Looking up through the open cubbyhole into the attic. The attic is in my shop, not in the house.

Should I flush my plants? By flushing I mean put 'em on the ground outside and run the water hose over the dirt for a good minuet or so.
Who else does it, besides irwin? Why?

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1317 times
Received Karma : 921 times

Post by Butcher Bob »

Looking good :)
Intrinsic wrote:Should I flush my plants? By flushing I mean put 'em on the ground outside and run the water hose over the dirt for a good minuet or so.
Who else does it, besides irwin? Why?
First and foremost, understand that the term "flushing" has vastly different meanings to different folks.

To me, "flushing" is a corrective measure of running excessive amounts of water through the soil to dissolve and remove excess amounts of nutrients. To others it is a process at the end of flowering, and even then there are differences of opinion. Some flush the soil and then just let the plant eat itself...while others simply stop using nutes and let the plant use what remains built up in the soil.

...and none of that applies to organic soils...only to fertilized soils and mediums that require nutes to be delivered via watering. Meals, guano, stone, etc. are very hard to flush from a soil.

Personally, I like to follow a proper feeding schedule and call it a day. Most nute companies have a use schedule for their products. All of the ones I have ever seen call for a tapering off of use at the end of the plant's life cycle. For any regular use nutrients that did not come with a schedule, I have generally found that going half strength aboot 14-16 days out and then nute-less aboot 10-12 days out has produced the best results for me.
...but that's just this man's opinion. :toker1:

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by Intrinsic »

Cool, Thanks and thanks Bob, since i am organic (cause it's cheaper) i guess it's moot. I already stopped feeding anyways, (i'm cheap remember) , just wondering ... since the leaf tips are now just starting to show some small nute burn and Irwin seems to know what he is doing.

Also i never feed at at full recommend strength, no more then half recommended. As Uncle Ben (remember him) would say "More is less".