Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1792 times
Received Karma : 1578 times

Reamde

Post by Intrinsic »

I'll get back to the pollen chuckers but a quick look at 'em starting to pop, had to clean the pollen off my lens after bumping the plants. good thing i went up to the females before this.
Oct08male01.JPG
Anthesis baby!! <sneeze>

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

The Room

Post by Intrinsic »

The raising and lowering of the lights.

Each of the two light banks have 4 cords attached with mini biners holding it up. 2 banks, 8 cords to deal with.
Aroom05.JPG
Each of the 8 cords goes through a pulley. Seen here are two of the 4 pulleys in front bank.
There are also 4 pulleys and 4 cords in the back bank and we see 2 pair (4) of cords coming thorough holes drilled into the attic wood joist.
Aroom03.JPG
The 4 back cords in turn with the 4 front bank cords leave the room through 4 other holes drilled into the next joist.
Aroom02.JPG
Turning the camera around looking behind we see the final tie off of the 8 cords.
I had originally planned to use pulleys here too, but while testing I found with the pulleys already in place this added only a little friction. Still easy to lower/raise the banks.
Aroom04.JPG
An overview of the system.
Aroom00.JPG

dill786

Reamde

Post by dill786 »

awesome and stealthy :)

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT
Has bestowed Karma : 15 times
Received Karma : 231 times

Reamde

Post by MadMoonMan »

bentech wrote:ive tried several and made a half dozen
i fine them all tendious
exactly!

more trouble than they are worth.
Just because I can't spell misanthrope doesn't mean I'm completely stupid.

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Reamde

Post by MadMoonMan »

amazing grow bud

how did you water them? hand buckets up?

1 by 1 is a lot of tending.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Reamde

Post by Intrinsic »

Water? just hand water from the top, with plenty of runoff so the next couple of day or so they're bottom wicking water up.
not so bad, the worst is moving 2 or 3 plants out to get to the back ones, there are 7 in three gallon pots and 3 still in the one gallon pots (cant quite toss 'em)

I do tend to let them dry out close to critical.. not by design, just forgetful

I have an automated water system designed in my head, using gravity with a garden timer as seen in the veggie garden thread, and drip irrigation shit, just never got around to putting it together.

fwiw i already pollinated 2 branches each on two plants. the males are now in the compost pile. there were clouds of yellow pollen!

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Reamde

Post by MadMoonMan »

I messed up big time on some plants for my fall indoor grow. The plants didn't root beyond the surface. Fortunately I had other plants which did to compare to. I guess I over watered in early planting and the bucketes never dried out. I tried to water from below. Set up buckets in resovoirs.

The burmese Kush as usual went crazy insane and also 1 pineapple express properly rooted had huge banana sized buds on it.

Free Cheese came out very interesting smell and plant have never smoked cheese before. looking forward to this.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Reamde

Post by Intrinsic »

Temp in the room has been dropping in the 30’s in the early morning, that ought tell ‘em to hurry up; The end is always near.
Otherwise jes a long time between updates. Or just checking on ‘em in general.

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 71 times
Received Karma : 131 times

Reamde

Post by Jesús Malverde »

How do low night temps affect flowering plants. I don't know because I never had plants that *weren't* exposed to low night temps in flower. One thing having to move pots to water them has as an offsetting upside is that because you can really only be certain about how moist the soil is by lifting the pot, you get good information for making watering decisions. The pots get really light as the soil dries and the plants usually don't show any stress until the pots are surprisingly dry. There's no other good way I know of to judge that.

Hard to tell but those what maybe two weeks from being done?
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Reamde

Post by Intrinsic »

Jesús Malverde wrote:How do low night temps affect flowering plants. I don't know because I never had plants that *weren't* exposed to low night temps in flower.
I’m thinking canna being seasonal, it would have cues to hurry along before growing season ended. I know a lower change in temps is a signal in some plants, and canna has a noticeable quicker flowering the farther north and colder it migrates. shorter growin time, till rudelaris(sp) the northern most reaching one starts ASAP.

That is in general organisms hurry to procreate when stressed with limited time and all. For me anyways, most urgent fearsome sex ever.

"Hard to tell but those what maybe two weeks from being done?"
Getting there, Tho some are still spitting out fresh white flowers and crowning a bit, I havent feed for a good two weeks, for good or bad.