Re: HR 499 - Federal Measure to end Marijuana Prohibition.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1751 times
Received Karma : 1535 times

HR 499 - Federal Measure to end Marijuana Prohibition.

Post by Intrinsic »

thanks

Step one: first find out just what the bill really is. Since more often then not, bills use double speak to hide their intended consequences. Fortunately HR499 is short and sweet.
http://beta.congress.gov/bill/113th-con ... e-bill/499" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Good
"Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2013 - Directs the Attorney General to issue a final order that removes marijuana in any form from all schedules of controlled substances under the Controlled Substances Act. "
The very good.

The Bad
Leaves states with the power to over regulate the plant, from greedy commerce to still prohibited entirely. Does not provide federal protection to individuals right of use.

The ugly
"Prohibits shipping or transporting marijuana from any place outside a jurisdiction of the United States into such a jurisdiction in which its possession, use, or sale is prohibited."

Earl
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: 3/5th Old White Man
Received Karma : 2 times

Post by Earl »

OK, I signed the thing. It WILL NOT be sponsored by any Congressman in my Bible Belt state, tho. It just put me in "their" list.
My name is Earl.

Hey, Crabman!

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by Intrinsic »

BlinDeye3 wrote:i don't see that as an ugly. or a bad. just maybe not as good as it could be, but certainly better than the status quo. the trick will be to make sure our state legislators understand as well, that prohibition is a thing of the past - and that will be up to us to stand up and speak out. recently i heard a story about a court case of extreme importance in which there were 10 or so letters to the court from law enforcement and other prohibitionist, there was one from our side - and i understand that lobbiest odds are about the same. seems kind of iono, lax on our part. if we really want it done then everyone is going to have to work at it harder
HR499 does NOT end prohibition, it only ends federal prohibition, transfers the power of prohibition to states.
Not intrinsically bad or good, jes ugly.

Along the Eastern US there are “dry” counties, where alcohol is prohibited for sale or public consumption, sometimes only on Sunday (as in Canada). But peeps can still travel into those counties with alcohol in their possession. HR499 would not allow the same freedom in “dry” canna areas with canna. If I read it correctly.
but the truth is until prohibition is revoked at the federal level we will continue to have raids and busts on those who are operating legally under state laws, regardless of what the states law says, the local popo calls the feds when they can't prosecute. we've seen this happen over and over again in cali and other states. (like Chris Williams)
Yup
But even better it allows scientific studies to kill or verify the myths of pot; the good, the bad and the ugly. Lets in light in such a long dark embarrassing era of America’s ignorance.

mpgAdmin
MPG Founder
Karma Whore
Karma Whore
Custom Title: Not Who you Think

Post by mpgAdmin »

you know there have been countless studies, only they threw most of the research out with the bathwater so to speak, because it did not fit into their framework. ironically while all this time they've been claiming there are no medical uses for cannabis, they went and filed U.S. Patent # 6630507 the Department of Health and Human Services filed for, and was awarded a patent on cannabinoids as antioxidants and neuroprotectants.

but regardless i'm glad you have found something you like in there. i am sorry its not all inclusive, but as mentioned, its a hell of a lot better deal than whats going down now (you know, almost a million people a year), if it was up to me we would just abolish the CSA and make the fda my bitch. "if only i ruled the world"
“When you smoke the herb, it reveals you to yourself.”
― Bob Marley

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT
Has bestowed Karma : 15 times
Received Karma : 231 times

Post by MadMoonMan »

Don't trust them boys and girls. The new "supposed" Federal Regulations are just going to register you and identify your "confiscatible funds" The PReZEE dAnTE cannot void federal laws.

doh.
Just because I can't spell misanthrope doesn't mean I'm completely stupid.

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT
Has bestowed Karma : 15 times
Received Karma : 231 times

Post by MadMoonMan »

Sudden realization occurs.

The planet earth is the insane asylum of the universe.

We are our own keepers
Just because I can't spell misanthrope doesn't mean I'm completely stupid.

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: eye the witch Melancholy
Has bestowed Karma : 33 times
Received Karma : 28 times

Post by bentech »

short
"we must strive to become good ancestors" nader
https://www.myplanetganja.com/viewforum.php?f=48
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by Intrinsic »

What happed to the blindeye account? did she leave?