ANY SUGGESTIONS ON MAXIMIZING SEEDLING GROWTH.

The place to throw about unorthodox ideas related to gardening.
blazinger
some karma
some karma
Custom Title: Mkoblaze

Post by blazinger »

Ok i found a way to get 100% germination technique iwont ever give up on a seed that cost 10 dollars or more for a seed all my seedlings are doing good on there first week but there growth seems to have stunted. maybe overwater ph nutes or something to that effect. one of my tricks is i f a germinated seed hasnt sprouted from the ground in a week (all other seedlings are 5 inches tall) i will literally gently dig in the soil until i find the fan leafs and make sure the leafs photsynthesys and turn green if there in the soil and havent sprouted through there usually a yellowish color its agood trick instead of letting it die.i am usin a greenthumb miracle grow mix while others are in miracle grow i wish i would have started seedlings in a c up but put them directly in 6 inch wide potsthey will grow a foot or more before transplant.i gotta be patient.. i want to use an organic bat guano soil but cant afford to have transplant shock. i seen an amazing growers post and his seedlings were double the size of mine while mine are growing fine i hope they dont take a year to grow out and flower and am looking for suggestions he was using manure worm casings and a foilior feed tea of some sort.im going to go about this grow using 12/12/12 ferts when i was younger a pro tokd me this was best.later switching to 30/50/30 in flowrer.SEEING HOW I DIDNT START WITH ORGANIC ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT I COULD DO TO MAXIMIZE SEEDLING GROWTH ANY FERTS ORGANICS SO ONTHAT I COULD INTRODUCE TO THE SOIL.im on16/8 light schedule t in veg going to up an hour every 2 weeks till i get to18/6 to stimulate summer.IS 800WATT MH TO MUCH FOR SEEDLINGS?ANY INFO TIPS TRICKS WOULD BE APPRECIATED I CANT MOVE LIGHTS CLOSER ITLL BURN EM THERE ABOUT 2 FEET FROM PLANTS LOOKS LIKE I NEED A GOOD LIQUID FERTILIZER THEY SHOULD BE FINE JUST WANT EM TO GROW HUGE GOING TO TRY TO LET THE BUGGERS GROW 8 FEET FOR A GOOD YIELD THEN DO PERPETUAL GROW CLONES MONTHLY FOR A GOOD HARVEST YEAR ROUND WAS HOPING 1 AND AHALF MONTHS VEG TO 2MONTH VEG FORBIG GIANT PLANDTS ANDSAME FOR FLOWER FOR 3MONTH TO 4 MONTH GROW AND BIG YIELD I HAVE MED CARD ANY SUGGESTION ON GETTINGS SEEDLINGS TO GROW BIGGER?is it a good idea to just go 12/12 light schedule wouldnt it be a good idea to taper off an hour of light to make the plant think summers nearing an end .good stuff to talk about your feedback please.
Last edited by blazinger on Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT
Has bestowed Karma : 15 times
Received Karma : 231 times

Post by MadMoonMan »

relax
Just because I can't spell misanthrope doesn't mean I'm completely stupid.

blazinger
some karma
some karma

Post by blazinger »

MADMOONMAN YOU ROCK GONNA START17/7 starting tonight make em think summers getting longer then18/6 in 2 weeks. ialways read if you could stimulate environmental condition theyll feel at home if not thinking there outside such as thunder and a spray bottlle with a fan. dont think they have ears bird sounds in morning crickets at night. dimmer switches for sunrise sunset prolly firs hour gently increase the intensity of light last hour of day decrease intensity of light would cost some money and know how BLAH ITS JUST WEEDS IN A CLOSET...a good concept though and discussion topic though.

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: eye the witch Melancholy
Has bestowed Karma : 33 times
Received Karma : 28 times

Post by bentech »

mothering is the root of all evils at this stage,

over attention kills more than anything
"we must strive to become good ancestors" nader
https://www.myplanetganja.com/viewforum.php?f=48
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

blazinger
some karma
some karma

Post by blazinger »

I GOT IT GONNA USE SOME CLONEX i mean nutrients sfor clones should make roots bigger.

anu
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Has bestowed Karma : 4 times
Received Karma : 16 times

Post by anu »

one good thing to not do with clones is water next to the stem,they are born with enuff super nutrient to send roots out in search of water
so DoN'T water next to the stem of a clone-seedling you won't get rot and you'll have real roots ready for some fertz when they are 3 sets leaves or 6 to 8 in. depending...
so water in small amts. 2 in. or more away from stem and the roots will sniff out the water and grow rapidly to touch it
The notion of collective ownership implies a democratic approach to the utilization of resources - economic democracy.

Dick Hertz
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: WikiFreak

Post by Dick Hertz »

mmm has it right, patience is the best additive.

Munchy
Board Administrator
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: Golden Member
Has bestowed Karma : 470 times
Received Karma : 957 times

Post by Munchy »

i used to experiment with adjusting & finessing light cycles as you describe, and found no benefit.
just slammin em from a 24hr veg to a 12hr bloom cycle works fine.
and some strains really prefer more than 16 hours of light...
besides slower growth, it makes them stretch too much.
and seedlings can handle 24 hours of light to help maximize growth.
i keep my clone floros on 24/7.
i have my 400w MH set for 1 hour off to cool-down after each 5 hours on,
so it's basically on 24 hrs for the price of 20.
likewise my pair of 400w HPS's take turns getting 1/2 hr off to cool down,
after each 3-1/2hrs on, so the cycle is 12 hrs for the price of 10-1/2 each.
Prohibition is Futile Image THC will be Assimilated
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ How To Pass Drug Tests ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

Stoned Cold Dragon
some karma
some karma
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT

Post by Stoned Cold Dragon »

he dude,
1st. make sure not to plant the seeds to deep. i like to see a tap root come in water out before putting them in medium. use tweezers to place the seed root tip down and don't touch the root tip.

put them in cups that are only filled 1/3 to 1/2 of the way up . then as the seedling grows tall and lanky fill in with your medium. i like to use pro mix bx because it's simple u can add some chunky perlite to it once your roots take off and u need t transplant. prior to that regular perlite will be just fine . water with spring water until the first real leaves show, then i'd switch to same water with unsulphured molllases at the rate of 1 table spoon per gallon. you can feed them 1/2 strength nutes starting about the time the 2nd. or 3 set of real leaves show.

use MH lights ( 250 watts are perfect for seedlings) or cfl's for lighting. use 18/6 they are seedlings and don't need 24 hours light nor hps to make them stretch even more. top at the 4 to 5th node and veg until you reach your target height based on the stretch of that strain. 12/12 and your done , use the veg nutes until the 2nd week of flower for better results.

note it's a good idea to mix in diamateous earth (food grade) in your medium before you uses it, as a prevent defense for any critters that might already be in the mix or happen to land in it.
The Sacred Plant unites us, so does the earth and all on it! All species deserve our love & protection not just humans.
Help those you can, ignore those you must, and cooperate whenever possible for the good of others besides yourselves.
Adults have been slacking on how we teach our children . Our examples come 1st. & proper preparation for when we are not around is primary in their upbringing.

anu
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Has bestowed Karma : 4 times
Received Karma : 16 times

Post by anu »

as for heat,it get expensive for some and others just got too many cold rooms, so if you live where you got plenty of sun,park your car facing the the rising son,get your tiny thermometer,and stuff to raise or lower a pack of starts on your front seats,or depending on brand your side windows may be best, so i love it when i can keep it almost 80 for hours ,so i'm shutting my little light off indoors as soon as the outdoor temp tells me its worth it to take em out to the car,i check the temp before i crack the first window,i don't crack a window till it's almost 80 if its heatin up quik,i move the car to the right putting the sun as far left in the windshield as i can and park it and check back to change window opening ,early in the season i am putting black black weed pots,dark blue stuff,out of the way of the starts to gather heat and start getting the heat up,at night you can park the car facing where the sun will have some height in the am , with some old 1 gallon potsempty on yer dash big empty 3 gallon pots on the seats heatin up,thank you father sun
so if ya got enuff privacy ya got it made
The notion of collective ownership implies a democratic approach to the utilization of resources - economic democracy.