deran
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: time bandit
Has bestowed Karma : 63 times
Received Karma : 107 times

darknet - busted - again - beware

Post by deran »

watch out folks if you are using darknet sites, fuckin europol (dutch + german coop) set up a honeypot and gathered about 10000 real world addys from vendors and buyers

use google for translation(s)

https://motherboard.vice.com/de/article ... edium=link" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

operation "bajonet" - its baout the markets
alpha bay & hansa market

good luck friends !
awoken the right way

TheGhost
some karma
some karma
Custom Title: my custom title

Post by TheGhost »

Makes you wonder if they have worked out an easy way to de-anonymize TOR.

They seem to be really gunning for the Darkweb markets lately, and not just in relation to the two very recent busts of Darkweb markets.

It is partly the markets fault, letting sellers sell dangerous drugs like Fentanyl, and selling weapons and poisons and such, although I think all the gun sales were scammers.

It is these things that the media gets hold of and sensationalizes, causing the Govt to react.

The libertarian ideal where anything goes is not realistic in real life where LE is able to catch and jail for a long time the admins. of these sites.
They have to be practical and get rid of the things that draw the media's attention.

deran
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman

Post by deran »

TheGhost wrote:Makes you wonder if they have worked out an easy way to de-anonymize TOR.
the anwser of the leo`s at the press conference was :
"in the case that if we were able to compromise tor, we wouldnt tell you"

i went throught the articels and i dont have the proof, but it seems to me that it was again the users fault, not deleting passwords, caches, protocolls, true real world addys associated with the names online and so on ...

im still sure that tor is doing whats it supposed to do, and that - again - the problem(s) are sitting infront of the keyboards

damn
awoken the right way

smokebreaks
The Big Cheese
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: High Society Stoner
Has bestowed Karma : 184 times
Received Karma : 338 times

Post by smokebreaks »

I'm in contact with the author of the motherboard piece and if you follow @JosephCox on twitter you get a whole lot more than what gets published.

pimp_alex_91@ whatever shitty domain he used was the welcome message sent to people who were creating accounts.

His linked in profile has hacked, his Alpha02 and DeSnake accounts tied to his Pimp_Alex persona was his own bad decisions.

Next up: yes, TOR is fucked. Has been since it started dudes worked for the fucking US Navy, and it was funded under a DARPA contract so since the US has the keys to it, and anyone running an exit node can pull the IP addresses + every 2nd bit of every 8 bit packet has the identification info, it's impossible to hide.

Chain proxies and use a VPN if you want to be secure in your browsing, but as soon as you hit send, there has to be a confirmation sent and received in order for shit to work, rest assured the routers and switches have to know where to send it.

Next remember the recent revelations through the shadow brokers and Wikileaks exposes the NSA and CIA toolkits to pwn the routers with their zero day databases you have the perfect storm.

Btw: Dream is compromised too, and if you follow along on the Reddit forums for DNM news seems the general concern is that none of the markets are safe at the moment.
GOVERNMENT WARNING: Marijuana use can cause complex thoughts leading to better ideas of how to live your life. Caution, free thinking has been routinely reported with continued use.

TheGhost
some karma
some karma
Custom Title: my custom title

Post by TheGhost »

So do you think they can find the vendors and buyers IP addresses, or just the market IP?

The smart thing would be for the site admins to move the servers every few months.

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT
Has bestowed Karma : 15 times
Received Karma : 231 times

Post by MadMoonMan »

I read they caught him because he sent his personal email out by accident?

Sooner or later. After we've killed our best friend for "fucking my sister that I wanted to fuck!"

"WELCOME TO THE NEIGHBORHOOD!"
Attachments
ladyoflove.jpg
Just because I can't spell misanthrope doesn't mean I'm completely stupid.

smokebreaks
The Big Cheese
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: High Society Stoner
Has bestowed Karma : 184 times
Received Karma : 338 times

Post by smokebreaks »

TheGhost wrote:So do you think they can find the vendors and buyers IP addresses, or just the market IP?

The smart thing would be for the site admins to move the servers every few months.
To be perfectly honest, I think it's an incredible amount of work to take time to reconstruct the transactions which is why I'm sure they are happier to take over the sites and keep them operational while collecting that information.

Nothing is 100% certain but there seems to be more of an interest in the markets than there are on the buyers and sellers.

But truth be told, I'm glad I had nothing to do with any of that shit.

I tell ya though, nothing will stop 'em. The allure of easy $$$ is extended far beyond the streets
GOVERNMENT WARNING: Marijuana use can cause complex thoughts leading to better ideas of how to live your life. Caution, free thinking has been routinely reported with continued use.

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT
Has bestowed Karma : 15 times
Received Karma : 231 times

Post by MadMoonMan »

They had the second site to watch for the panic. Capture "the rats escaping the ship"

Recorded IP addresses

Capture of server depends on how long ip addresses are stored. Emergency wipe.

So sites are finally located and taken down. Of course another will pop up.

Thommy Chong got busted for selling bongs in Illinois?
Just because I can't spell misanthrope doesn't mean I'm completely stupid.

deran
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman

Post by deran »

thx guys on the bunch of infos gathered :smoke:
awoken the right way