Rant and Rave about The Canna Trade.
TheGhost
some karma
some karma
Custom Title: my custom title

Good luck Gypsy.

Post by TheGhost »

Prawn Connery wrote:Good!

At least someone updates us here. For a laugh, I tried logging in to ICMug or whatever it is the other day and discovered I'm still banned.

Reason - No reason
Date ban will be lifted - Never

Scared of a little cocktail prawn. Fuck me :emp:
Join the club. I have been banned so many times from that site that I forget how many.
They even IP banned me once, but somehow I snuck back, and then they maybe thought I wasn't so bad after all, and un-IP banned me, but then banned me again shortly after.

There's no point joining that site anymore, it's days have come and gone, it's not the same as it once was, it's fairly sterile now. No trolling, no political discussions, nothing contraversial.

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 417 times
Received Karma : 511 times

Good luck Gypsy.

Post by Prawn Connery »

Sometimes I like to read the grow threads or vendor forums and have a look at the pix. I could create a sock, but honestly can't be fucked. Too much effort for the odd occasion a Google search takes me there . . .
Licensed to Krill

DD Ramone
good karma
good karma
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT
Has bestowed Karma : 2 times
Received Karma : 2 times

Good luck Gypsy.

Post by DD Ramone »

25) I have considered the very capable submissions made by both parties but I am not satisfied that the prosecution have overcome the high hurdle necessary (criminal standard of proof) that the Dual Criminality has been demonstrated in respect of any of the conspiracy charges. It is common ground that in that event, the money laundering charge must also fail. Accordingly this extradition request must fail in relation to all charges.

54) However, for reasons set out above, the Dual Criminality challenge succeeds in respect of all 4 charges, and accordingly I refuse this request for extradition and order the discharge of GN from these proceedings. (Judge John Zani)

As GN says, 'The fat lady hasn't quite sung on my extradition case, just yet'. The USA can appeal, and they have less than 2 weeks to do that.
DD Ramone, picks his bass to the bone, he's a BLITZKRIEG BOPPER !

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 70 times
Received Karma : 131 times

Good luck Gypsy.

Post by Jesús Malverde »

Thanks for the update DD. Glad to hear GN isn't likely to be renditioned to the US gulag.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

DD Ramone
good karma
good karma

Good luck Gypsy.

Post by DD Ramone »

Jesús Malverde wrote:Thanks for the update DD. Glad to hear GN isn't likely to be renditioned to the US gulag.
I will convey your best wishes to him Jesus.

It is unlikely that GN will get punted over the pond now even if the USA does manage to get an appeal together. I can't find a case where a British extradition Judge's decision was reversed upon appeal anywhere, can you?

If that does happen, here are the charges he will have to face:

Their case against GN was all conspiracy based.
Here are the 4 charges:

1. Conspiracy to traffic marijuana: max penalty 20 years custody.
2. Conspiracy to import marijuana: max penalty 5 years custody.
3. Conspiracy to export marijuana: max penalty 5 years custody.
4. Conspiracy to commit money laundering: max penalty 20 years custody.

I don't think that the Judge liked the fact that the charges talk about marijuana, when all it was about is cannabis seeds, which are legal in the UK. He was not trafficking 'erb, or growing it, or helping the breeders in Maine to grow it. In fact he had never even set foot in Maine USA, never even visited any of the grows that the cops busted in Maine that led them to him. And as for the money laundering charge, those funds were made legally from seed sales, according to British law.

TheGhost
some karma
some karma
Custom Title: my custom title

Good luck Gypsy.

Post by TheGhost »

Well I wonder now if the UK banks will give him credit card processing ability.

I used to order from there going back to SeedsDirect days, back when there was only SeedsDirect and Heavens Stairway and Mark Emery.

Always came in 10 or 11 days after sending off the International Money Order.

But now I think the only way to pay for seeds there is via cash in the mail, and that's too risky for me.

There are other options out there, I don't need to resort to sending cash in the mail.

I don't think Seedboutique will ever be the main player it once was, there is too much competition out there now, plus with the widespread legalisation in the US, probably the biggest market for seeds, they have access to clones and seeds from within country.

Gotta say though, it was a revelation when I first learnt you could buy these strains I had only seen pictures of in High Times, such as Skunk and Northern Lights, over the internet.

No more taking chances with bagseed that sometimes ended up as all hermies.

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1317 times
Received Karma : 921 times

Good luck Gypsy.

Post by Butcher Bob »

Glad to hear this. :)

I am of the opinion they already fuk'd him too much, for something we are in the process of making legal anyways.

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 417 times
Received Karma : 511 times

Good luck Gypsy.

Post by Prawn Connery »

Yep, bought my first seeds from Gypsy back in 2001. Did a bank transfer from Asia, if I remember correctly, and the seeds arrived a few weeks later. Those early seebanks and OG set me on the righteous path to indoor growing.

I've said it before: ICMag and it's sycophant censors can suck my stalk, but I'll never criticise Seeds Direct, as it was a stand-up business.
Licensed to Krill

smokebreaks
The Big Cheese
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: High Society Stoner
Has bestowed Karma : 184 times
Received Karma : 338 times

Good luck Gypsy.

Post by smokebreaks »

Suck your stalk? :lol:
GOVERNMENT WARNING: Marijuana use can cause complex thoughts leading to better ideas of how to live your life. Caution, free thinking has been routinely reported with continued use.

DD Ramone
good karma
good karma

Good luck Gypsy.

Post by DD Ramone »

I posted this in the other thread, since it looked relevant, as it does here too:

Eh, just had word that this war of legal attrition still goes on for GN sadly.

The USA has appealed against the decision of the British Judge DJ Zani to absolve GN of any wrong-doing by refusing to extradite him across the pond.

Now the appeal will be heard in the High Court by 3 other British Judges, and according to his lawyers it should be done and dusted within 2-3 months.

I've not been able to find any cases where a British Judges decision NOT TO EXTRADITE someone has been overturned on appeal in the High Court.

No new 'evidence' has been submitted by the US prosecutors. It seems that they are just going with the same old 'CONSPIRACY' angle, stating that Judge Zani erred in his judgement by not seeing any 'CONSPIRACY' in GN's business of buying and selling what is considered a legal product (Cannabis Seeds), under British law.

In 2011 two British banks that had been processing funds knowingly (and legally) from cannabis seed sales from GN's bizz suddenly refused to do it anymore, after happily processing them for many years.(most probably they were contacted by the feds and forced to stop processing GN's funds from seed sales). Within a few months this led to GN having a stack of m.o's he couldn't cash. He told DG about this problem, and she suggested that he send them to her to cash in Maine, where she said that she could get them processed for a 20% fee. Little did GN know that at that time DG was a confidential witness/informant for the feds who helped her set GN up with an entrapment for the laundering charge.

It's over 4 years now since GN was first arrested and detained in the Philippines on these ridiculous charges that would never come about in the UK since cannabis seed trading is perfectly legal under British law, and after all he is a British subject/citizen. At the recent extradition trial Judge Zani said 'If Mr Nirvana can sell these seeds legally, then he has to be able to buy them from somewhere'.

He remains on bail in the UK, without any real restrictions until this is finally resolved. In the unlikely event it does go 'tits-up' for him and the order NOT TO EXTRADITE him is reversed, then he too can appeal.