The Big Cheese
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: High Society Stoner
Has bestowed Karma : 184 times
Received Karma : 341 times

Good luck Gypsy.

Post by smokebreaks »

Gypsy also claimed on the pages of ICMag that his copy of the arrest warrant and extradition request forms had cited DG as rolling on him in Skype conversations which who knows from what I know of Skype they could have been eavesdropping on the accounts simply because of this back story on financials going all the way back to 2004?

I'm hopeful someone gets to update us as to what happens next cause if at the hearing they do rule to extradite with privacy laws such as they are in merry old England we'll probably not hear wordnone unless of course someone at icmag decides to let a thread stick around for more than a day
GOVERNMENT WARNING: Marijuana use can cause complex thoughts leading to better ideas of how to live your life. Caution, free thinking has been routinely reported with continued use.

DD Ramone
good karma
good karma
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT
Has bestowed Karma : 2 times
Received Karma : 2 times

Good luck Gypsy.

Post by DD Ramone »

Yesterday the Judge in GN's extradition case heard both sides (prosecution and defense), and adjourned till 30th August when he will cast his verdict.

From how the proceedings went, it did look like the Judge was more in favor of not allowing the extradition because the US side was accusing GN of being involved in the cultivation since he was a seed dealer, by way of conspiracy. In reality these breeders or seed makers were all growing independent of any influence from GN, and way before they ever contacted GN to vend their seeds. GN had never set foot in Maine, never helped set any grows up there, so any conspiracy to create a crime on his part to break any laws there would be impossible to prove.

Due to there not being dual criminality with seed sales/possession between the UK and USA,the judge was finding it hard to find any criminality in what GN had been doing as a cannabis seed vendor.
DD Ramone, picks his bass to the bone, he's a BLITZKRIEG BOPPER !

DD Ramone
good karma
good karma

Good luck Gypsy.

Post by DD Ramone »

And quoted straight from the horses mouth (GN's)

'I will write here about the summing up of my Final Extradition Hearing in Westminster Magistrates Court last Thursday before District Judge Zani.

I was represented by Mr Ben Cooper, and the Government (acting on behalf of the USA) was represented by Joel Smith.

Mr Smith briefly opened the case for the government, then I was called to give evidence. I adopted my statements as my evidence, then was cross-examined by Mr Smith. Legal submissions were then made by both parties, these lasting all day. The Judge then reserved judgement until August 30th.

My bail was varied so that the curfew conditions were deleted, and I was told that I could have the electronic ankle monitoring device removed, but if I wish to stay overnight anywhere else I should inform my lawyers so that they can inform the CPS and the court with the address, giving them at least 24 hours notice. Should the police wish to check on my presence at any other address, then I have a duty to present myself to them on the door-step.

The decision that DJ Zani will make will be either (1) to discharge me (in which case the Government may exercise their right of appeal); (2) to send the case to the Secretary of State for the Home Office (currently Amber Rudd) for her to order my extradition to USA (in which case I can appeal to the High Court if we have arguable grounds); or (3) should the Judge wish to invoke the Tolman procedure in respect of my abuse argument, he may further adjourn the case with respect to the US Attorney to answer the abuse points my lawyers have made (about my miss-treatment in the Philippines).

In terms of timescales, any appeals would probably not be heard until the very end of this year, so I am unlikely to be extradited before then, if at all.

It is difficult for me or my lawyers to give an opinion on which way the Judge's decision will go, but he did appear to be much more open to our arguments then we had anticipated.

I will be seeking some immigration advice in respect of getting my family (wife/kids) over to the UK from the Philippines, and could possibly get some legal aid to facilitate this since both my kids have British passports.'

TheGhost
some karma
some karma
Custom Title: my custom title

Good luck Gypsy.

Post by TheGhost »

The money laundering allegedly went on for a period of 7 months, and I expect the amounts were not that high, not in the millions anyway.

That might go in his favour, as it may not be classed as a serious enough offence to warrant extradition.

Could the time he spent in the Philipines immigration centre be classed as time served?

He wasn't directly imprisoned for the charges in the indictment, he was locked up on an immigration matter relating to the Philipines. Would they say this time in the detention centre had nothing to do with punishment for his alleged crimes?

Surprised the US is going to this much effort and cost to try and lock him up, considering that compared to what other crimes are going on in the US it is relatively minor by comparison.

DD Ramone
good karma
good karma

Good luck Gypsy.

Post by DD Ramone »

TheGhost wrote:The money laundering allegedly went on for a period of 7 months, and I expect the amounts were not that high, not in the millions anyway.

That might go in his favour, as it may not be classed as a serious enough offence to warrant extradition.

Could the time he spent in the Philipines immigration centre be classed as time served?

He wasn't directly imprisoned for the charges in the indictment, he was locked up on an immigration matter relating to the Philipines. Would they say this time in the detention centre had nothing to do with punishment for his alleged crimes?

Surprised the US is going to this much effort and cost to try and lock him up, considering that compared to what other crimes are going on in the US it is relatively minor by comparison.
If the 'Conspiracy to Manufacture' charges are deemed as rubbish then the money laundering charges will be a moot point, and the amount was under 100k in M.O.'s that GN was entrapt to send stateside by one of the feds confidential witnesses, since the feds had hassled GN's UK bank to drop his account for processing said M.O.'s to get him to send them himself.

Time spent in the PI's was directly at the behest of the US Justice department, because they asked the Philippino Bureau of Immigration to pick him up on a 'Mission Order' (not any warrant), and keep him locked up because they said he was a fugitive from American justice, without warrant or trial. GN was a legal immigrant in the PI's with a permanent visa, which was acquired at great cost and he had no immigration or criminal case against him in that country.

It is a lot of fuss over nothing much, and I am surprised at the lengths the USA is going to, to try and get GN to face federal marijuana charges, in the USA.

smokebreaks
The Big Cheese
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: High Society Stoner
Has bestowed Karma : 184 times
Received Karma : 341 times

Good luck Gypsy.

Post by smokebreaks »

I'm surprised too but this is the global war on drugs, and damnnit if GN is gonna keep selling them beans then GW Pharma is gonna keep having to wait for their medical monopoly
GOVERNMENT WARNING: Marijuana use can cause complex thoughts leading to better ideas of how to live your life. Caution, free thinking has been routinely reported with continued use.

DD Ramone
good karma
good karma

Good luck Gypsy.

Post by DD Ramone »

Once you factor in the obvious collusion between the US and the Filipino authorities to attempt an extra-judicial-rendition on GN, so as to illegally render him onto US soil just 10 days after his arrest in 2013,(attempted kidnapping) and the length of time this form of persecution has already gone on for (Passage of Time) The separation of family, the loss of business and liberty over the past 4 years, it all adds up to a lot of grief.

If GN is absolved of any criminal wrong-doing in this case, in the UK, he may well have a case to seek recompense for all the punishment he received without being served any warrants or indictments, arrested, then arbitrarily detained for 30 months, before being allowed to deport to the UK in March 2016.

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 71 times
Received Karma : 131 times

Good luck Gypsy.

Post by Jesús Malverde »

Well I hope he beats the extradition attempt, and if he gets compensation for malicious prosecution or wrongful imprisonment or whatever, then all the better.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

TheGhost
some karma
some karma
Custom Title: my custom title

Good luck Gypsy.

Post by TheGhost »

Well looks like Gypsy Nirvana has won his extradition case, the US could appeal it, interesting to see if they do. I don't think they would bother though.

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 420 times
Received Karma : 517 times

Good luck Gypsy.

Post by Prawn Connery »

Good!

At least someone updates us here. For a laugh, I tried logging in to ICMug or whatever it is the other day and discovered I'm still banned.

Reason - No reason
Date ban will be lifted - Never

Scared of a little cocktail prawn. Fuck me :emp:
Licensed to Krill