A damsel in distress. Plural of Mongoose Update.

Rant and Rave about The Canna Trade.
user_1138
needs karma
Custom Title: Think PEACE; then proSEED

Post by user_1138 »

AGD wrote:
...unless there is some truth in the Diamond story.
I seem to think there is *some* truth to this story. There seems to be much behind --cwt (not chris tarbell) / Shawn Bridges / Serrin Turner threads that are not going to come to light absent whistleblower disclosures. It is noted in the "Railroaded" write-up about the vast array of corruption Bridges is involved in. Methinks there is sooooo much more to be learned about the SR case of corrupt gov officials.

https://freeross.com/railroaded" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; [scroll towards the bottom]
Curious observer, conscientious objector. Think "peace" and then proSEED.

Munchy
Board Administrator
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: Golden Member
Has bestowed Karma : 470 times
Received Karma : 957 times

Post by Munchy »

user_1138 wrote:https://freeross.com/railroaded [scroll towards the bottom]
WARNING: that link seems to be malicious!

"Your connection is not private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from freeross.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards).
NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID "
Prohibition is Futile Image THC will be Assimilated
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ How To Pass Drug Tests ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

smokebreaks
The Big Cheese
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: High Society Stoner
Has bestowed Karma : 184 times
Received Karma : 338 times

Post by smokebreaks »

It's just a bad certificate Munchy...

Update -- Defense motions due by October 31, 2019 --

Status conference in November and it looks like trial tentatively May 4, 2020.. Defense expects it to take a week.
GOVERNMENT WARNING: Marijuana use can cause complex thoughts leading to better ideas of how to live your life. Caution, free thinking has been routinely reported with continued use.

Roots

Post by Roots »

Just let me know when I’m needed to turn that crypto wallet into cash.

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 70 times
Received Karma : 131 times

Post by Jesús Malverde »

Meanwhile Variety Jones in Dublin just got a Michelin star :gadday:
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

Munchy
Board Administrator
Karma God
Karma God

Post by Munchy »

cool! I didn't realize they were inter-continental. hopefully as the rubber meats the road they'll get a lot of traction from that and have an extra good year, then maybe they'll get a Pirelli star too! but hey don't mind me, I'm just feeling flat out tired right now...
:toker1:

AGD
good karma
good karma
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT
Has bestowed Karma : 1 time
Received Karma : 1 time

Post by AGD »

There are a lot of new docs on https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/71 ... s-v-clark/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Unfortunately one has to buy them on Pacer. Somebody here with an account and able to buy?

AGD
good karma
good karma
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT
Has bestowed Karma : 1 time
Received Karma : 1 time

Post by AGD »

Some of the docs have been released as a free download.
The one written by PoM is certainly interesting, because he admits he was the person known as Variety Jones:
UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT SOUTHERN DISTRICT OF NEW YORK ----------------x UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, V. ROGER THOMAS CLARK, Defendant. -----------------x DECLARATION Indictment No. 15-cr -866 (WH P)I, ROGER THOMAS CLARK, declare under penalty of perjury, pursuant to 28 U.S.C. §1746, that the following is true and correct: 1. I am the defendant in this prosecution pending against me for my participation inthe Silk Road website.2. In February of 2011, I became aware of Silk Road.3. I visited the site on several occasions before signing up as a member.4. My initial contact with the site was as a purchaser of marijuana.5. In September of 2011. I began to communicate with the administrator of the site,who later assumed the name the Dread Pirate Roberts ("DPR").6.Soon after I began to use Silk Road I noticed a vulnerability in the method usedto handle Bitcoin transactions that potentially made it possible for someone tohack into the site and steal Bitcoins. I told DPR about the problem and helpedconfigure the website's code to prevent others from gaining unauthorized accessto the server.7. Over the course of the following months, we developed a mentor-protegerelationship. DPR had no formal training in computer coding. I provided advice on1 Case 1:15-cr-00866-WHP Document 35 Filed 10/31/19 Page 1 of 5
the technical aspects of running the site. I helped him hire and manage anexperienced programmer. The programmer and I assisted DPR in developingcomputer code and maintaining Silk Road's technical infrastructure.8. By mid-2011, I was devoting the majority of my time to participating with DPR inrunning Silk Road.9. In 2012 I became de facto head of marketing. I dreamed up and ran promotionsfor the site.10. I often developed ideas for changing and improving the technical structure of thesite to make it easier for users to access. I helped DPR redesign the portion ofthe site the users interacted with - the marketplace and forums and wiki pages -to make the interfaces less confusing and more appealing to the users.11. Together DPR and I developed ideas on how to expand the Silk Road brand intoother areas and how to improve the site.12. Often I paid for equipment we needed to run the site and paid the salary of someof the employees.13. Instead of seeking reimbursement for the extensive amount of time I wasworking on the website and the money I was spending, I agreed to take anownership interest in the business. I was never paid a wage.14. By February of 2013 until the site was closed in October of 2013, I was a part-owner of Silk Road.15. DPR and I did not always agree on the policies and procedures for how the siteshould be run. For example, we had a disagreement about whether buyers andsellers should be able to conduct transactions outside the escrow system. TheCase 1:15-cr-00866-WHP Document 35 Filed 10/31/19 Page 2 of 5
general rule was that buyers would have to deposit Bitcoin to pay for theirtransactions in the Silk Road escrow account. The Bitcoin would be released tothe vendor when the transaction was confirmed. DPR wanted to permit sometransactions to take place outside the escrow system. We argued about this.DPR ultimately agreed to do things my way.16. When we disagreed about a policy or practice, my view often prevailed. WhileDPR was the originator of the site, and continued to hold a greater interest in itthan I, we became partners.17. I also was chiefly responsible for making sure that what occurred on the websitewould remain private. For example, Silk Road was operated on what is known as"The Onion Router" or "Tor" network.18. Tor - The Onion Router - is an Internet browser that encrypts data and thentransmits it randomly through multiple relays or nodes. The last node appears asthe origination point of the data, thereby obscuring and making it impossible todetermine the actual IP address of the sender. To access Silk Road a user wasrequired to download the Tor software. The user could then access the homepage of Silk Road. To enter the site a user had to enter a registered user nameand password.19. All payments made through Silk Road had to be paid for in Bitcoin, ananonymous currency, which could not be traced to the user. Silk Road also had aBitcoin tumbler to process the Bitcoin transactions to make the tracking ofindividual transactions impossible.Case 1:15-cr-00866-WHP Document 35 Filed 10/31/19 Page 3 of 5
20. I believed that what took place on the website would remain private. I intended that it would remain private.21. When I was arrested in Thailand on December 3, 2015, members of the Royal Thai Police entered my home, restrained me and immediately began to search my residence.22. Although they were already searching my home, they asked me to sign a consent form that would authorize them to seize several items that belonged to me, including the following:•a silver and black Acer Aspire laptop (serial# NXM2RST013223110F1200);•a silver MacBook Pro laptop (serial # C02HN0WNDV7P);•a black Hewlett Packard Presario CQ60 with USB dongle inserted (serial #2CE843138V);•a Seagate Barracuda LP hard drive (Serial# 5YD265A1);•a black and blue Transcend thumb drive (8 GB);•two Micro Center USB flash drives (32 GB); and•a dark grey Olympus fe camera (serial# J7120910).23. When I refused to sign the form, members of the Royal Thai police repeatedly hitme with sticks. Fearing for my safety, I signed the form and wrote in English, "notread or understood, signed under duress
This will probably end with a loooooong time behind bars...

Edit 1: 19. - Roger is wrong with Bitcoin being anonymous. It is not and it never was. Bitcoin Tumblers don't change that.
Edit 2: Trying to supress evidence, because of the warrantless search has been tried already by Ross Ulbricht and failed. I don't see any reason, why this would be different in PoM's case.
Edit 3: Now that we know, that PoM actually IS VJ, his actions esp his emails to Serrin Turner and his postings here before his arrest makes no sense to me. :loony:

Munchy
Board Administrator
Karma God
Karma God

Post by Munchy »

:facepalm:

Munchy
Board Administrator
Karma God
Karma God

Post by Munchy »

so I'm wondering why he would make such a statement of admission... how could this possibly benefit him?

well one thought came to mind... what if his Diamond tale was true, could this be a necessary step towards making a deal to testify against him, in exchange for leniency? :confused: