Joined 6 years, 3 months, 4 weeks, 1 day, and 8 hours ago.

Rant and Rave about The Canna Trade.
LadyConjecture
some karma
some karma
Custom Title: Sprinkles

Post by LadyConjecture »

pffffft
pfft

gwildor
some karma
some karma
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT

Post by gwildor »

Your audience awaits. I'm sure you don't remember me...

AGD
good karma
good karma
Has bestowed Karma : 1 time
Received Karma : 1 time

Post by AGD »

Is it 100% sure, that we are talking to the "original" PoM here? I mean, if there is somebody out there who successfully took over PoM's identity over years, it is possible, we are talking to the copy right now? Some old GPG key to verify?

Let' s say Jesus M's theory is right and PoM=VJ=DEA. Would't it be possible for the authorities to fake PoMs arrest and let him work quitely on the SR bust? Even this posting from the guy who saw Thomas in jail then could be fake.

So why should he come back then? Another J.O.B.?

smokebreaks
The Big Cheese
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: High Society Stoner
Has bestowed Karma : 184 times
Received Karma : 338 times

Post by smokebreaks »

AGD wrote:Is it 100% sure, that we are talking to the "original" PoM here? I mean, if there is somebody out there who successfully took over PoM's identity over years, it is possible, we are talking to the copy right now? Some old GPG key to verify?

Let' s say Jesus M's theory is right and PoM=VJ=DEA. Would't it be possible for the authorities to fake PoMs arrest and let him work quitely on the SR bust? Even this posting from the guy who saw Thomas in jail then could be fake.

So why should he come back then? Another J.O.B.?
Yes, I can state with 100% certainty that it is indeed the original PoM.
GOVERNMENT WARNING: Marijuana use can cause complex thoughts leading to better ideas of how to live your life. Caution, free thinking has been routinely reported with continued use.

Plural of Mongoose
Tank Aficionado
some karma
some karma
Custom Title: Tank Aficianado
Received Karma : 5 times

Post by Plural of Mongoose »

smokebreaks wrote:
Yes, I can state with 100% certainty that it is indeed the original PoM.
Yeah, musta been about 10 years ago, smokes and his wife were doing the European tour, and had a few days in London. I drove my VW Sharan minvan down to the Surbiton train station to meet him late one afternoon. I was standing by a large, dark tan-brown wall looking for him, when I realized that I was standing about sternum height to a veritable fucking *mountain* of a man in a 3/4 length leather jacket. That jacket could have wrapped my mini-van up, with enough material left over to build a tee-pee and a couple of small tents for camping.

Along with his lovely wife, we skipped of to a local pub and spent about 8 hours going through various UK beers in alphabetical order, and ended up going back to my place for a final night cap, and to get them a car back into London city proper, and back to their hotel. Smokes noted on a post afterwards, that in the true cramped style of English flats, that he had a television in his bathroom that was larger than the one in my place. :laugh:

So yeah, smokes knows of what he speaks.

While there's not much going on up here in this thread, the PMs are flying fast and furious below the surface. There's lots of folks here who I've met IRL, and we're having a little reunion here.

Gadabout (PBUH) and I ended up in the same city for a few weeks, back when PG was still a going concern. We spent a few lazy summer afternoons sitting in a garage sipping beer, smoking weed, and generally solving the problems of the world. He hasn't posted here (yet), but we've exchange messages.

Way back in 2002 I met up with Munchy and his blushing bride, during that week of hell known as the High Times Cannabis Cup. It could have easily turned into one of the worst weeks of my life for all types of reasons, if not for Munchy's presence. We'd get together in the evenings and check out hole-in-the-wall places, and self-titrate with an amazing selection of various esoteric strains that beat the shit outta the commercial crap that was in the cup that year. (The H.O.G. deserved the win it got that year, but most of the 'winners' simply bought their awards, which is why the cup was such a farce.)

While I've never met Hax in person, we've exchanged enough arguments over the years that he'd call me out gleefully if he thought I wasn't really me, eh.

And then there's bentech. Goddamn bentech. Once, years ago, I believe it may have even been back in the overgrow days, we started to make some plans to get together. I was reminded reading an old thread here today of that, and unfortunately, we never did get a chance to meet up.

Not meeting bentech is one of my biggest regrets. I can only imagine the fun we'd have sitting on a beach drinking iced beer, smoking various strains grown on an undiscovered asteroid beyond the third moon of Jupiter, and solving all the worlds problems. With bentech around, I wouldn't be the smartest guy in the room, I assure ya. :rollitiup:

Then there's the person I miss the most, my grotto goddess, koda. koda, bless her soul, was old when I met her over 15 years ago, and through the years we'd helped each other over some rocky times, we had a more than special connection, and I miss koda so. :frown:

Anyways, my rambling point is that there are more than enough people here who have known me for ten to fifteen years, that the subject of my identity shouldn't really be an issue.

Also, where the fuck is Prawn Connery. I know he's retired 'n all, but I was hoping to at least say 'hi' to him. If anyone knows where he's kickin' about, drop him a line to get his ass over here.

:emp:
The last fucking thing you want is my undivided attention...

Gadabout

Post by Gadabout »

Proof enough for me that you're the real PoM. :tup: 2005 seems like such a long time ago, but I'm really glad to see you here.

I also dropped PC an email to let him know he should stop by and say hello.

AGD
good karma
good karma
Has bestowed Karma : 1 time
Received Karma : 1 time

Post by AGD »

Thx PoM for clearing that up one and for all. :bonghitter: :lurk:

robertboucherjr37
needs karma

Post by robertboucherjr37 »

PoM,

Are you going to New York to meet the Pope and/or are you taking a helicopter at some point during your stay?

:lurk:

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 15 times
Received Karma : 231 times

Post by MadMoonMan »

You haven't changed much. :)
Just because I can't spell misanthrope doesn't mean I'm completely stupid.

gwildor
some karma
some karma

Post by gwildor »

It's beginning to sound more and more like you're getting ready to turn yourself in and give up the run. I for one think that's a terrible idea. A story this good doesn't deserve to end like that.

remember this...

“I’m here to break the back of prohibition, to make the jack-booted thugs from the DEA roll up their tents and sneak off into the night, and to do what I can to ensure a future where 65 year old MS patients aren’t shot by SWAT teams during drug raids because they suspect there was a fucking plant growing in the back room.”
/feed the need/