Joined 6 years, 3 months, 4 weeks, 1 day, and 8 hours ago.

Rant and Rave about The Canna Trade.
Roots

Post by Roots »

:fubird:
Last edited by Roots on Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tom
some karma
some karma
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT

Post by Tom »

@ nbrk

Thanx.

I'm trying to find where Oracle goes ape-shit at SR2. Oracle rants and raves saying it's not happening etc,.

(I kind of thought at the time, the new guys were not going to pay him like DPR did, so he was upset)

None of the moderators/staff challenged him at the time.

Then he changes his tune.

smokebreaks
The Big Cheese
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: High Society Stoner
Has bestowed Karma : 184 times
Received Karma : 343 times

Post by smokebreaks »

Sorry to be a downer... But you may not use this site conduct any wagers or engage in any commercial transactions.

Book making is still illegal under the telecommunications act.

I know a guy who did time for that, with operating a sports book over the telephones.
GOVERNMENT WARNING: Marijuana use can cause complex thoughts leading to better ideas of how to live your life. Caution, free thinking has been routinely reported with continued use.

well_lol_doh
some karma
some karma
Custom Title: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post by well_lol_doh »

Roots wrote:I'm setting the over/under for Gypsy's freedom within 3 years and PoM's within 8.

You can pay in bitcoins.
No way. Unfortunately I think that PoM will most likely die in a US Federal prison and this is game over for him now.

I'll be extremely surprised if he gets a far lighter sentence than Ulbricht's hugely draconian pine box sentence. He'll end up being slapped with something that's as heavy. Clark's trial will be like Ulbricht's - unfair and weighted heavily in the government's favour with a judge that's more than willing to do as they are told in order to get multiple guilty verdicts that carry mandatory minimums. Exculpatory evidence will be thrown out or struck from the record and the jury will be left in no doubt which way they are expected to vote.

During his trial, Ross Ulbricht was told that he would be found in contempt of court if he turned around and smiled at his family.

When he was first incarcerated he was kept in solitary confinement for something like eight weeks. This is a guy who before Silk Road had never broken a law in his life. They wanted to break him and make him co-operate, take a deal and plead guilty. He didn't, he fought and after demanding his constitutional right to a trial he was punished with a hugely unfair sentence as a result.

The judge made no secret of the fact that she wanted to make an example of him and the government doesn't like Federal prisoners to do anything but co-operate, spill the beans on any co-conspirators and testify if needed and then quietly plead guilty.

If he'd co-operated and then taken a plea deal they were (according to rumors) willing to give him something in the region of twenty years or so. He would have been out before his 50th birthday but as it stands now unless his sentence is overturned and he's given a lesser one at his appeal he will die in prison.

These are just small snippets that we know, I shudder at the cruel things Ulbricht has had to endure that we don't know about - I mention this because it's an example of how unfair and inhuman the system is that PoM's now going up against.

The problem here is that US juries don't like allegations that have anything to do with secret internet dealings, hard drugs, computer hacking, etc.

PoM will most likely be painted as a monster who wanted to get American teenagers hooked on hard drugs that they didn't previously have access to and didn't care if they overdosed and died so long as he got a cut of the profits from the sales. They'll point to the chat logs where he and Ulbricht discussed what a bad idea it was giving a heroin addict several thousand dollars when he won a competition they held on the forums and then casually joked together that they should give away a stay in rehab in their next competition. They'll mention that poison (was it Anthrax? - I forget but it was something along those lines) was knowingly sold on the site, they'll say that Clark encouraged Ulbricht and plotted with him to murder those who crossed them and stole from their multi-million dollar profit margin.

They'll point to the log where PoM promised to rescue DPR from prison with a helicopter and say he's a flight risk the second he places a foot on US soil.

This is all off the top of my head going on what I have read or seen during Ulbricht's trial, who knows what else is in the 1000s of pages of TorChat logs we haven't yet seen?

I don't personally know how much weight the murder for hire allegations hold - given the involvement of the corrupt agents Carl Force IV and Sean Bridges.

Ulbricht hasn't faced a jury over that and yet despite the involvement of corrupt agents they seem to have still been able to insert the allegations as a narrative during his trial - most likely to ensure that the liberal left didn't rise up and get behind him or petition for his freedom.

Here's a copy and paste on those allegations:
Here’s a fact: Ulbricht did not receive a life sentence in prison for ordering assassinations on anyone. He wasn’t convicted of that. I repeat: he has not been convicted of ordering ANY assassinations.

Here’s another fact: upon his arrest in October of 2013, six allegations of murder-for-hire were used to sensationalize the story. Fact: they were used as justification to deny him bail. And yet, when this current trial, with seven charges was brought, all allegations of murder-for-hire were mysteriously dropped. These six biggest crimes, the most abhorrent crimes, that he was publicly accused of: they were dropped.

There is one open indictment in Maryland alleging he ordered a murder. One alleged hit. This was not attached to the rest of the trial, and seemed to serve, like the original six allegations, like a character attack in the media instead of actually going to trial and allowing the facts to be brought to light. Conjecture, rumor, lies — these are tools that don’t require such inconvenient legal standards as “innocent until proven guilty”. They don’t want these charges to face the scrutiny of a courtroom, or they would have brought them forward in this case.

Why wouldn’t the government bring forth the charges for the most terrible crimes of which he was accused? Because they had nothing to support them.
Read more: http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/no-ro ... z3wSRfutGC" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My point is that Clark's case and sentencing is most likely going to be as unfair as Ulbricht's has been.

I would love it if Ulbricht was allowed to walk free with time served after his appeal and if Clark somehow gets out within 8 years, but I'd also love if it the tooth fairy was real and if there were pots of gold at the end of rainbows.

Edit to add: Obviously when I say "PoM" I mean "Variety Jones" and I mean that anything they're accusing him of is alleged. But at this stage it's clear they're going to go all out for the poor guy. I hope he's being treated well in Bangkok... I am sure that prison is hell on earth.
If men didn't have willies to wave the world would be a lot more sane place...

smokebreaks
The Big Cheese
Karma God
Karma God

Post by smokebreaks »

Maybe he rots in the US, OR maybe not.

I've still got to find time to write a couple letters, but I did finally get an address as for where to write to Mongoose as well.

This place has quite the history as it is:

Klong Prem Central prison (Thai: คลองเปรม) is a high-security prison in Bangkok, Thailand. The prison has several separate sections. The compound houses up to 20,000 inmates. Within the perimeter of the compound are the Women's Central Prison, often referred to as "Lard Yao" or "Lard Yao women's prison". There is the Central Correction Institution for Drug Addicts (also known as "Bambat Phiset") "Bangkok Special Prison", and the Central Correctional Hospital. The Lard Yao men's section takes custody of male offenders whose sentence term is not over 25 years. As of 2002 the men's section held 1,158 foreigners from 56 countries out of a total of 7,218 prisoners.[1] It is a part of the Thai Department of Corrections.

Klong Prem Central prison was originally a temporary prison established in 1944 in the Lard Yao district as a consequence of demands during World War II when Thailand was at war with Britain and the United States.[2] In 1959 it was used as a vocational training centre for those who, in the words of the Thai corrections department, "act and behave as gangsters".[3]
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klong_P ... ral_Prison" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'd bet the farm that there's gonna be a few more twists along the way.
GOVERNMENT WARNING: Marijuana use can cause complex thoughts leading to better ideas of how to live your life. Caution, free thinking has been routinely reported with continued use.

well_lol_doh
some karma
some karma

Post by well_lol_doh »

smokebreaks wrote:Maybe he rots in the US, OR maybe not.

I've still got to find time to write a couple letters, but I did finally get an address as for where to write to Mongoose as well.

This place has quite the history as it is:

Klong Prem Central prison (Thai: คลองเปรม) is a high-security prison in Bangkok, Thailand. The prison has several separate sections. The compound houses up to 20,000 inmates. Within the perimeter of the compound are the Women's Central Prison, often referred to as "Lard Yao" or "Lard Yao women's prison". There is the Central Correction Institution for Drug Addicts (also known as "Bambat Phiset") "Bangkok Special Prison", and the Central Correctional Hospital. The Lard Yao men's section takes custody of male offenders whose sentence term is not over 25 years. As of 2002 the men's section held 1,158 foreigners from 56 countries out of a total of 7,218 prisoners.[1] It is a part of the Thai Department of Corrections.

Klong Prem Central prison was originally a temporary prison established in 1944 in the Lard Yao district as a consequence of demands during World War II when Thailand was at war with Britain and the United States.[2] In 1959 it was used as a vocational training centre for those who, in the words of the Thai corrections department, "act and behave as gangsters".[3]
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klong_P ... ral_Prison" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'd bet the farm that there's gonna be a few more twists along the way.

Eek. I think that is the one that's jokingly nicknamed The Bangkok Hilton.

And yes, Smokes, I am sure there will be more twists than a day spent on rollercoasters at Disneyland.

Don't get me wrong: I never like to see anyone imprisoned for non-violent crimes, think the war on drugs is horrendous and ...I thought at the time that Silk Road was the best invention since Rizlas.

well_lol_doh
some karma
some karma

Post by well_lol_doh »

A little bit of info on life inside Klong Prem Prison : http://www.telegraph.co.uk/expat/expatl ... rison.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

smokebreaks
The Big Cheese
Karma God
Karma God

Post by smokebreaks »

Oh come on now, it's not as bad....as staying at a Hilton.

smokebreaks
The Big Cheese
Karma God
Karma God

Post by smokebreaks »

I wonder if Mongoose can dance?

well okay, maybe it's not a day at the beach...