Joined 6 years, 3 months, 4 weeks, 1 day, and 8 hours ago.

Rant and Rave about The Canna Trade.
bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: eye the witch Melancholy
Has bestowed Karma : 33 times
Received Karma : 28 times

Post by bentech »

:facepalm:
Attachments
sadphone.jpg
"we must strive to become good ancestors" nader
https://www.myplanetganja.com/viewforum.php?f=48
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

Mal
some karma
some karma
Custom Title: BrownCoat

Post by Mal »

Brand new, unused. I'm sure.

No there were other mental images I need brain bleach for.

For instance picture this - <muffled dweedle-dweedle, dweedle-dweedle, dweedle-dweedle, dweedle-dweedle>, sounds of grunting, swearing, and finally "Hello?"

Now that's all bad enough, yet my mind invariable adds the "Dude, it's for you". Urk. Which is nearly as bad as the mental and olfactory imaginations of "Dude, can I borrow your phone?" Ewwww.

Its the curse of having my over active and somewhat juvenile imagination. Augh. Ech.
True union is a process of consent, not of conquest.

Nightcrawler
some karma
some karma
Custom Title: PGP or bust

Post by Nightcrawler »

nbrk wrote:Slightly relevant to M.O of contacting journalists.(long bow, but seeing how you do love your lingo analysis so, dewd. Check it.)

I just twigged onto user "nightcrawler". His sigline uses a similar term to Jared's (googs: "come to Jesus" site:antilop.cc). Unfortunately all of his posts seem to have been deleted, and there is no post stream of his on antilop. Only quotes. Dead end. There were rumours he got promoted as an admin of silkroad (offending poster was banned).
The poster (who was banned) was known as Mirage (previously Flipside). I believe he is the one who started that rumorthat I was promoted to Admin on Silk Road. I was actually offered a position on both SR1 (by Ross) and SR2 (by Defcon). I politely refused them both, which is why I am not in a cell.
nbrk wrote:Funnily enough the signline was quoted in Eileen Ormsby's book "Silk Road". Gawd, that wuld be ironic. If my tinfoiltothemax(tm) suspicions are correct, she did the interview with our (very same?) friend, Cicero ( http://allthingsvice.com/2013/09/26/the ... tor-tells/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ).
The .sig in question is reproduced at the end of this post.
nbrk wrote:HAA, looks like in "drugs unlimited" nightcrawler got in contact with Mike Power to talk of his altruistic motives in the forums. Certainly has a knack for charming journalists.
I like to see journalists learn enough to be able to protect their sources. Most of them are woefully deficient in that area.
nbrk wrote:BTW: user he was PGPing with, user "bogsat", is also awol from antilop. (BOGSAT is a military term for: "Bunch Of Guys Sitting Around a Table")
Perhaps it was Mike Power you're referring to, here? I have no idea who bogsat is/was, unless they were using a different name (assuming that I communicated with them at all.)
nbrk wrote:I'm including this quote below because nightcrawler was known for giving PGP advice (it was pointed out that some of his posts on the subject were plagiarized.)
Pointed out as plagiarized by whom? (Probably Mirage again).
"« on: January 30, 2013, 10:20 am »
Quote from: MoonGoddess on January 29, 2013, 10:59 am

I have been on SR for over a month now, not long, but I have done massive reading. Something happened here a while back that spooked me, caused big RED flags and caused me to change everything- I deleted my account, got a new tormail address, changed all names,pins and passwords. You all MUST be AWARE that surely LE has infiltrated now that this site has been so well publized. This is what happened: For a few weeks now I had been posting regular, mostly questions about Bitcoins and gpg, etc, about 25+ posts now. I was finally able to nail it and posted my public key and signature successfully. I had asked a Hero member via PM a simple question, he kindly replied. The in a span of the next 12 minutes, 3 minutes in between, I suddenly recieved detailed information in 4 private messages on how to do encrypting, blah blah blah. The REALLY strange thing was that I never solicited this stranger for help, never heard of them before then and these came out of the blue. They went as far as to verify my signature and offered to practice and help me as much as I needed. Now I went to this persons profile and learned they had only joined 3 days before, had only posted 7 times (and 4 to me) and they knew of Full and Hero members, Global Moderators, they named Scout,Nightcrawler and Astor and our administrator, DPR. Something else that struck me was that they were WAY too polished, WAY WAY too helpful, and too slick. Another odd thing that happened- I had a couple PM's out, to 2 people who still belong and they both PM's disappeared from my sent box. Now I am not a paranoid person, I am retired from the HealthCare field, therefore I have spent lots of time with patients and families, so I can read people pretty well and have spot on intuition. MY whole point is: newcomers and oldtimers too must be very discerning with who they choose to converse with- the enemy is all around. This is certainly NOT meant to scare anyone, just to share with you what happened and to be extra extra careful especially with personal info, no real name, no real email address, no location,(which I never did) be anonymous as possible to stay safe and protect others- WE are responsible. Any experiences others might share? This did freak me out a little since I am just now getting set up to make my first small purchase. Thoughts or opinions? and damn, I lost almost 30 posts! >:("
Your point for posting this wall of text was, what, exactly?

Nightcrawler
4096R/BBF7433B 2012-09-22 Nightcrawler <Nightcrawler@SR>
PGP Key Fingerprint = D870 C6AC CC6E 46B0 E0C7 3955 B8F1 D88E BBF7 433B

Security is a bit like religion... some things have to be taken on faith.
Where security differs from religion is that security is NOT retroactive.
Unlike Christianity, where you can come to Jesus, be 'saved' and have all
your sins washed away, with security you can adopt Tails or PGP, and be
secure from that point forward, but rest assured that your previous sins
(security failings) WILL come back to haunt you and bite you in the ass.

I went into the book club section of the SR Forum once, and my head almost
exploded. DPR seemed to be far more interested in debating the Libertarian
equivalent of "How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?" than he was
in security. If DPR had spent his time instead on maintaining/improving his
Opsec, as opposed to completely wasting his time engaging in pointless
debates about crackpot economic theories, he might not be where he is now.

Folly, thou conquerest, and I must yield!
Against stupidity the very gods Themselves
contend in vain. --Friedrich Schiller

Nightcrawler
some karma
some karma

Post by Nightcrawler »

Mal wrote:Brand new, unused. I'm sure.

No there were other mental images I need brain bleach for.

For instance picture this - <muffled dweedle-dweedle, dweedle-dweedle, dweedle-dweedle, dweedle-dweedle>, sounds of grunting, swearing, and finally "Hello?"

Now that's all bad enough, yet my mind invariable adds the "Dude, it's for you". Urk. Which is nearly as bad as the mental and olfactory imaginations of "Dude, can I borrow your phone?" Ewwww.

Its the curse of having my over active and somewhat juvenile imagination. Augh. Ech.
That's almost as good as the (true) story of the couple in England. The husband decided to gift his wife with a new mobile phone for Christmas. They had a basset hound, and on Christmas morning, they looked under the tree and found all the packages torn open. Look as they might, they could not find the phone. Finally, someone twigged on the idea of calling the number, and a ringing sound was heard coming from the dog's stomach. They took the dog to the vet, and the vet advised to let nature take its' course. The phone dutifully emerged within a few days, no longer daisy-fresh.

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 70 times
Received Karma : 131 times

Post by Jesús Malverde »

http://omnifeed.com/article/motherboard ... xtradition" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PoM's fighting the deportation apparently:
“He seemed to be okay except for the fact that he was sleeping on a cement floor with 30 other prisoners in a cell. He complained about not being fed for three days but this is the norm in Thai prisons while they are moving you around,” Clark's Bangkok lawyer, Kem Kang, told Motherboard in an email. Kang proved he was Clark's attorney by providing the full, five page extradition request to Motherboard.

“He does want to fight the extradition charges,” Kang continued."

"Kang relayed further specifics about Clark's arrest.

“On the morning of his arrest last Thursday some immigration officers arrived at his house in Koh Chang Island,” he wrote. “They arrested him and made him wait while one of them worked on Roger's computer for two and half hours. This concerned Roger as although he knew there was nothing incriminating on his PC he was concerned as to what the officer might be putting on the PC.”

"Roger has also told me that he was always happy to return to the US to answer charges."
Kang also relayed allegations from Clark of judicial malpractice: that Brian Pearce, a Department of Justice Attaché from US Embassy in Thailand, “called the Canadian Embassy posing as Roger's representative telling them that there was no need for them to come to the prison as Roger was OK,” Kang wrote.

Kang then claimed that on Friday morning, Clark was “asked to sign his own deport papers which he refused. So they sent him to court to face a judge but he has yet to see one,” Kang said, adding that Clark was delayed from seeing his counsel, and that no one from the Canadian Embassy has seen him yet.

Those claims are unverified, and the United States Department of Justice did not immediately respond to Motherboard's request for comment.

“Roger has also told me that he was always happy to return to the US to answer charges. He has been trying to contact Serrin Turner for the last two years (has copies of emails). He is still happy to return to USA but not under extradition,” Kang wrote. (Serrin Turner is an Assistant US Attorney for the Southern District of New York, and led the prosecution against Ross Ulbricht.)

It's unclear how long Clark will remain in Thailand, especially if he has an opportunity to fight the extradition attempt.

“Tomorrow I will send one of my junior lawyers to buy him some clothes, thin mattress and pillow for his stay,” Kang wrote.
This call out of a Brian Pearce is strange-
Kang also relayed allegations from Clark of judicial malpractice: that Brian Pearce, a Department of Justice Attaché from US Embassy in Thailand, “called the Canadian Embassy posing as Roger's representative telling them that there was no need for them to come to the prison as Roger was OK,” Kang wrote.
Why would a DOJ Attaché want to delay a visit from the Canadian Embassy to talk with PoM? Or to go to that length to at any rate? Maybe that's even normal-type stuff they just do like we would pet the cat.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

ipv6jesus
needs karma
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT

Post by ipv6jesus »

So PoM Is sleeping on the cement floors of a Thai prison. Having been in one myself, I know the true horrors of such a place. Thankfully PoM seems to be no novice to the workings of the Thais, having lived at Koh Chang much longer than I have, I assume he will be more successful at standing up for himself than I was.

Plural of Mongoose
Tank Aficionado
some karma
some karma
Custom Title: Tank Aficianado
Received Karma : 5 times

Post by Plural of Mongoose »

Just a couple of fun facts from the land of the junta.

In the Thai system, you get loaded face-down in the back of a pickup truck for your ride to anywhere. Considered a fun ride for the farang. It's not, trust me, eh. Especially the high-speed cornering with your arms shackled behind you. Sudden violent stops are considered a vital part of the transportation fun as well.

The Thai police take all your cash and share it among themselves. To eat you are expected to pay one of the guards enough for his meal and yours as well. No cash, no food. Tough.

As of 5 minutes ago, Mr. Serrin Turner has not yet answered my emails. zybose@safe-mail.net is not a difficult email address to type. I'm sure Mr. Turner could find a highly educated monkey somewhere in the upper echelons of the US DOJ who could handle that. Maybe.

The bit with the DOJ mis-representing themselves to the Canadian officials is disappointing, though possibly just perfectly normal behavior within the US DOJ's limited understanding of ethics and ethical behavior.

Gotta go, eh. Until next time.

<puts "ruby" back in the bag>
The last fucking thing you want is my undivided attention...

sobersally
some karma
some karma

Post by sobersally »

Yo pom! I have been following this case since I read your story with bated breath. Thanks so much for posting all your info and your story, I truly wish you the best of luck, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Rooting for the underdog has always been a pattern of mine throughout my life and again now is no exception. You seem like a wise enough puppy to bring these mofos down! Kudos to your courage

Good luck. Keep up the posts - me and I bet countless others check daily!

Nightcrawler
some karma
some karma

Post by Nightcrawler »

Plural of Mongoose wrote:Just a couple of fun facts from the land of the junta.

In the Thai system, you get loaded face-down in the back of a pickup truck for your ride to anywhere. Considered a fun ride for the farang. It's not, trust me, eh. Especially the high-speed cornering with your arms shackled behind you. Sudden violent stops are considered a vital part of the transportation fun as well.

The Thai police take all your cash and share it among themselves. To eat you are expected to pay one of the guards enough for his meal and yours as well. No cash, no food. Tough.
Prisons anywhere are no fun -- prisons in the third world/developing countries have a depressing similarity about them. I remember hearing similar stories about a Canadian woman who was held in a Mexican prison for 3 years, if memory serves, without charges. I suppose the only thing you may have going for you is that Harper is finally out of office. Prime Minister Trudeau has included marijuana legalization in the Throne Speech:
To that end, the government will introduce legislation that will provide greater support for survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault; that will get handguns and assault weapons off our streets; and that will legalize, regulate and restrict access to marijuana.
I remember reading an interview with Marc Emery, when he was inside, serving time in the U.S. over selling marijuana seeds. He stated at that time, that he believed legalization was about 5 years away -- looks like he was right.

Harper, with his nose permanently attached to the Americans' ass, would have cheerfully slit his own throat before even contemplating any of these measures. Apparently, when Trudeau was elected, diplomats and civil servants held celebrations at the end of the Harper era. Now that the new regime is installed, perhaps consular representation might be a tad more effective.
Plural of Mongoose wrote:As of 5 minutes ago, Mr. Serrin Turner has not yet answered my emails. zybose@safe-mail.net is not a difficult email address to type. I'm sure Mr. Turner could find a highly educated monkey somewhere in the upper echelons of the US DOJ who could handle that. Maybe.
You're assuming that he 1) knows, and 2) cares. I sincerely doubt either is the case.
Plural of Mongoose wrote:The bit with the DOJ mis-representing themselves to the Canadian officials is disappointing, though possibly just perfectly normal behavior within the US DOJ's limited understanding of ethics and ethical behavior.
Ethics? From the American DOJ? They wouldn't know ethics if it bit 'em squarely on the ass (just like the Harper government.)
Plural of Mongoose wrote:Gotta go, eh. Until next time.

<puts "ruby" back in the bag>
Take care of yourself, as best you can, eh?

Nightcrawler
4096R/BBF7433B 2012-09-22 Nightcrawler <Nightcrawler@SR>
PGP Key Fingerprint = D870 C6AC CC6E 46B0 E0C7 3955 B8F1 D88E BBF7 433B

Security is a bit like religion... some things have to be taken on faith.
Where security differs from religion is that security is NOT retroactive.
Unlike Christianity, where you can come to Jesus, be 'saved' and have all
your sins washed away, with security you can adopt Tails or PGP, and be
secure from that point forward, but rest assured that your previous sins
(security failings) WILL come back to haunt you and bite you in the ass.

I went into the book club section of the SR Forum once, and my head almost
exploded. DPR seemed to be far more interested in debating the Libertarian
equivalent of "How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?" than he was
in security. If DPR had spent his time instead on maintaining/improving his
Opsec, as opposed to completely wasting his time engaging in pointless
debates about crackpot economic theories, he might not be where he is now.

Folly, thou conquerest, and I must yield!
Against stupidity the very gods Themselves
contend in vain. --Friedrich Schiller

DD Ramone
good karma
good karma
Has bestowed Karma : 2 times
Received Karma : 2 times

Post by DD Ramone »

I can't see why this Serin Turner would want to communicate with him via email, phone or any other mode other than face to face, after his ass has been extradited to Babylon. After all they have got him by the 'short and curly's' now and it's just a matter of time before he's before this prosecutor in a US courtroom....
DD Ramone, picks his bass to the bone, he's a BLITZKRIEG BOPPER !