Joined 6 years, 3 months, 4 weeks, 1 day, and 8 hours ago.

Rant and Rave about The Canna Trade.
nbrk
some karma
some karma
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT

Post by nbrk »

That last nested document mentioned "East India Traitor" and details some of the redacted exhibits.

Well I search and Gwern has some of them (LE_counterintel)

EIT: https://www.gwern.net/docs/sr/exhibit8- ... rintel.txt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There's a paragraph explaing how EIT can't have been LE. It seems contradictory:

"EIT claims LE thought DPR was 2 people, but Force specifically and emphatically says that they thought the opposite; EIT claims LE was going after a Mtgox account when they weren't; and EIT's general account about LE 'bragging' about all this to him seems improbable. All in all, EIT seems highly questionable and may have been either paid or living out a fantasy or trolling or something.]"

Sounds more the track Jared was on.

I was going to post some quotes but there's too many. As you're reading it keep the possibility that Jared had infiltrated Atlantis as a mod in mind. Also the gox references. Similar manipulative language, way more verbose and sneakoid than Force. Actualy his language is similar to mine -- lots of wild goose chases and rabbit holes, snappy talk as in the Jared email in prev link.

This is a big one: "I'm trying to warn you. The DEA, ICE, POSTAL INSPECTOR, NSI,FBI,CIA,NSA are itching to get credit
for your arrest."

This mirros what he was saying in the email I mentioned http://antilop.cc/sr/files/2015_04_16_U ... _trial.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (p.50).

I'm still reading it, and it's giving me goosebumps. He uses the same lingo he went into detail on in his own sneaky language analysis diversion. *Shudder* with a captial S.

Most of the rest of that doc is Force, always straighforward to the point, zero sneak. Almost tragic in his honesty, which makes this:

"Atlantis is too new to be taken seriously yet. It is not a honeypot.. it is for real. But it is being monitored and buys
have been conducted. They're still figuring out where it stands and if it is fly-by-night or making a play to enroach into
SR's territory."

interesting.

This and it twigged something and sent me back to the original puzzle. I wish I had the dates for this gwern material.

gwern's doc comments:"EIT focuses on the then-rumored mushroom sales by DPR but neither Force nor any other LE sources mention the mushrooms until after Ulbricht was arrested and his laptop harvested"

Well someone knew...

EIT: As far as I know dont know anything about the shroom sales except you sold them sometime in the first month or
couple months.

DPR to VJ:
2012-01-15 03:35) myself: I was a hairs breath from going to jail before the site
even launched for growing shrooms

(2012-10-29 14:27) cimon: on btctalk, there are folks who when you just started out save you shroom packs. Coulple that with educatoin and empoloyment I know - yer one of 12 folks in the world. Easy odds

It looks like Ross told VJ on the 1st, and then forgot he told him during this: http://antilop.cc/sr/exhibits/GX-227H.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; little panic. Do I have that tight? The more I go back and read these antilop records of the cimon/vj convos, the less I'm convinced it's PoM. Just the smed relationship... I'm still very confused about how that could have worked. Cirrus(Jared?) could have known about Thomas Clark, and Surrey, and Shebang, and all that stuff, but -- if this is the case -- how did he get into contact with shebang? Then you have the motherboard hacked emails. If only they'd say which email address contained what information. That's never made clear.

If there are two email addresses, one with the SR/smed info, and the other with PoM's private info, then Wattier must have been decieving PoM. Otherwise it would have come up between them. That's the only way I can get my head around this. If we are to believe VJ on torchat is not PoM, and that Wattier never told PoM about SR, then Wattier must have been bent. Only PoM can answer that.
Last edited by nbrk on Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Plural of Mongoose
Tank Aficionado
some karma
some karma
Custom Title: Tank Aficianado
Received Karma : 5 times

Post by Plural of Mongoose »

Tarbell left Der-Yeghiayan, still holding his laptop, to head down the street in the direction of Ross’ house. He felt high from the adrenaline. He didn’t realize Ross was on top of their position. Tarbell was rereading Ross’ description from the surveillance team when he looked up and saw Ross heading directly toward him. It felt like slow motion, coming face-to-face with the man he’d been tracking for months, resolving him from digital obscurity into a real live person walking up Diamond Street. Tarbell worried he’d get made. He was trying to act all Mister Undercover, but, Jesus, did he look like a cop. Ross walked right past him toward the café.
(wired.com/2015/05/silk-road-2/)
I really hadn't been following all the stories out there, and I'd never read that nugget before about Diamond Street. Still, I don't buy that Diamond is Tarbell; sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

cwt = Diamond = smokebreaks
:roflmao:
Why don't you and ben work through that one privately in PMs, mmkay.

nbrk wrote:
Lots of words...
Yer pretty good at this rabbit hole stuff, nbrk.

Don't stop now, I'm fucking dying to see where you figure this all goes...

:popcorn:
The last fucking thing you want is my undivided attention...

nbrk
some karma
some karma

Post by nbrk »

pay employees
inigo - $1500
libertas - $1500
batman73 - $1000 // ssbd
cirrus - $1000
smedley - $2500
spock8642 - $500 // drx
albertpacino - $500 // pacino

VJ on chat -- VJ anywhere wasn't being paid by Ross. Unless I've missed something massive. Yet VJ on motherboard email VJ, was paying smed a metric shit-ton of money behind the scenes.

... Yet Wattier was your buddy-man ... dot dot dot.

Sorry, you creepy, creepy ferret. I'm going to have to go full tinfoil, but I'm all out of ginger beer. The manic episode is passing. I need to crawl up in my nest of clippings and sleep it over.

Moustache
some karma
some karma

Post by Moustache »

:woohoo:

I very much like those last posts - very confused thinking - but definitely some interesting thoughts (among other less interesting...).

nbrk
some karma
some karma

Post by nbrk »

Moustache wrote::woohoo:

I very much like those last posts - very confused thinking - but definitely some interesting thoughts (among other less interesting...).

Dude... Take your pick of the least interesting stuff and follow it up. There is more shady crap going on here than I can shake a stick at.

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 70 times
Received Karma : 131 times

Post by Jesús Malverde »

Now I know the bitcoin people probably just don't care, but I'd like to hear the rest of the story of what went on that day at the Strand in the Labyrinth of Justice. C'mon, you started telling it :whistle:
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

smokebreaks
The Big Cheese
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: High Society Stoner
Has bestowed Karma : 184 times
Received Karma : 338 times

Post by smokebreaks »

I'd say that's interesting if Mt. Gox guy is the one who registered the domain and hosted the original site, and he hosts the bitcoin talk forum too?

In that batch of documents, posted where the Nbrk guy goes off his rocker, thinking that while spending the last 17 months dealing with dying friends and family members, I was somehow involved in anything...that affidavit testimony for the execution of the warrant on Mt. Gox guy's email written by whoever the Jared guy is...wasn't the subway guy was it? No? Okay then...there's a phone number that's listed for the US DOJ Attorney you've been waiting for a response from Mongoose, maybe you could just give him a ring?

As for the magnificent fucking doors, they had to be built by the Irish or the Scottish. They're they only people who made something of the quality you could float like a raft ferrying Cuban immigrants to Florida shores more often than a senior citizen uses the shithouse at an all you can eat buffet.

What was that fucker made out of anyhow, Mahogony?
GOVERNMENT WARNING: Marijuana use can cause complex thoughts leading to better ideas of how to live your life. Caution, free thinking has been routinely reported with continued use.

nbrk
some karma
some karma

Post by nbrk »

smokebreaks wrote:I'd say that's interesting if Mt. Gox guy is the one who registered the domain and hosted the original site, and he hosts the bitcoin talk forum too?

In that batch of documents, posted where the Nbrk guy goes off his rocker, thinking that while spending the last 17 months dealing with dying friends and family members, I was somehow involved in anything...that affidavit testimony for the execution of the warrant on Mt. Gox guy's email written by whoever the Jared guy is...wasn't the subway guy was it? No? Okay then...there's a phone number that's listed for the US DOJ Attorney you've been waiting for a response from Mongoose, maybe you could just give him a ring?

As for the magnificent fucking doors, they had to be built by the Irish or the Scottish. They're they only people who made something of the quality you could float like a raft ferrying Cuban immigrants to Florida shores more often than a senior citizen uses the shithouse at an all you can eat buffet.

It was a joke mofo, but me thinks he doth deny too much.... (JOKE) (Geez)

Whilst searching for drupal/wattier references I found this. It might clear up the first part of your question:

I was at the Ross Ulbricht / Silk Road Trial Day 3. AMA.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/commen ... ial_day_3/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

theymos:
"bitcointalk.org was never owned by Mark. He did provide a server for a while, though this was quite some time ago (~2012).

The forum was originally located at bitcoin.org, which was registered by Satoshi, and the initial system administration was done by Sirius. Originally the server had Drupal+SMF+dokuwiki (never MediaWiki). The bitcointalk.org domain was registered by jgarzik, later transferred to Sirius, later shared with me and Cobra. After the first hack, Mark helped investigate it, and he was the one who found the attack vector (though he didn't find the backdoor inserted by the attacker and later used in the second hack). At the same time, the forum was moved to a server provided by Mark. It stayed there for about a year before it was moved to a server provided by Private Internet Access in 2012 or 2013. Since then, bitcointalk.org has had no particular association with Mark. He's never been an admin or moderator.

If the Silk Road was using the same old version of SMF that bitcointalk.org uses, it's probably because they thought that imitating bitcointalk.org would be a good idea, either because people were used to bitcointalk.org or because they thought "good enough for bitcointalk.org, good enough for us". It'd be very interesting if the Silk Road used any of my (or Satoshi's) many private modifications to SMF -- that would certainly implicate Mark, who had access to the forum's sever for a time. But this is probably unlikely."

btw: jgarzik= Jeff Garzik

AGD
good karma
good karma
Has bestowed Karma : 1 time
Received Karma : 1 time

Post by AGD »

smokebreaks wrote:I'd say that's interesting if Mt. Gox guy is the one who registered the domain and hosted the original site, and he hosts the bitcoin talk forum too?

This must have been the sound PoM was enjoying from the inside:
Best is the Jackass ringtone at 1:55

nbrk
some karma
some karma

Post by nbrk »

https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkNetMarkets ... g/.compact" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"The agent Der-Yeghiayan testifies on 20 January 2015 that they were focusing on what seems to have been a different account (pg102-107), perhaps explaining the general lack of LE interest in the other activities."

Also mentions that the leak contains a good portion of corrupt data ...

"Further, this would have been a perfectly legitimate investigative strategy, indeed, it’s almost surprising that they didn’t ‘follow the money’ and de-anonymize SR1 in April 2012, or even 2011, when the FBI investigation began, and doubly surprising that they could be interested in Karpeles and Mtgox but not get the trading records."

"An important note regarding the leaked files: the insider believes parts of them to have been altered by hackers, possibly the same ones that released the files. "

"Further, we learned that the original files were altered too. Further, hackers had full read/write access to all Mt. Gox servers for 3 days, deleting server logs after they were finished. However, we can’t find any rumors or evidence that the Ulbricht account was known to anyone, much less the 2014 Mtgox hackers, so it is a priori likely that the Ulbricht transactions are not tampered with specifically."

Also been reading: http://www.technologyreview.com/view/52 ... -bitcoins/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and scratching my head.

I've only gone back to this because my tinfoil helmet started vibrating over the motherboard article that cites gox leak info. Was thinking, what if it was tampered with? It's really outlandish and non backupable, but it's be a good way for VJ to cover his paper trail in terms of what accounts were linked to what email addys. Neither here nor there, really -- just means gox leaks are another dead end for anyone wanting to prosecute VJ, or anyone for that matter, by using gox records. It's like an inverse leak. (Cirrus pissing in the well? Or MTGOXFATFUCK pissing in the well? Latter most likely of course, but so many more persons unknown would want that too).

but again *wearily dons the aluminium*, "However, we can’t find any rumors or evidence that the Ulbricht account was known to anyone, much less the 2014 Mtgox hackers, so it is a priori likely that the Ulbricht transactions are not tampered with specifically."