Joined 6 years, 3 months, 4 weeks, 1 day, and 8 hours ago.

Rant and Rave about The Canna Trade.
Ganja Is Great
some karma
some karma
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT

Post by Ganja Is Great »

Jesús Malverde wrote:
Ganja Is Great wrote: One thing that I noticed SmokeBreaks said is that "He is for sure that this PoM is the same PoM from years ago" in a post earlier in the thread. My question is how does he know? I'm guessing hes an admin to the site since he's given out rules and stuff, was he able to cross referance IP addresses? or has PoM never connected to this site via clearnet? I know he said they met IRL, but I am unsure how he confirmed it's the same person typing now as it was back in the day Pre-SR.
You wouldn't make an ID on someone you'd met using electronic trickery like IP addies--which in this case would inevitably lead nowhere anyway--you'd ask what you'd had for dinner that evening or what someone was wearing or what you talked about or details like that. If Smokes says it's PoM; it's PoM.

PS: It's PoM.
Lol ah ok, that makes complete sense to me. I suppose it would have nothing to do with anything other than personal information that only the true PoM would know. That makes complete sense. Thank you Jesus.
PartyTimez wrote:
Ganja Is Great wrote: Correct me if I am wrong - So you can have a wallet with multiple addresses storing coins separately that is protected by the same wallet passphrase?
The quick answer is yes.

The long answer is that there are usually two definitions of a wallet that get passed around in Bitcoin lingo:
  • A collection of Bitcoin addresses. Just some arbitrary group of addresses, presumably controlled by the same entity.
  • A piece of software that manages a collection of Bitcoin addresses. That is to say that it keeps the private keys corresponding to those addresses so that it can sign transactions that send bitcoins from those addresses. The software can also act as a node on the bitcoin network and broadcast transactions it has signed or repeat the transactions signed by others. The software could easily offer password security or encryption of the private keys to prevent unauthorized use or analysis; most Bitcoin clients do this.
Neither definition of a wallet has any kind of representation on the ledger/blockchain itself, which deals primarily in movement of coins through addresses, it's just a concept maintained by software or people outside the Bitcoin network and blockchain.

That said, you can derive an idea of what addresses might comprise a wallet by either:
  • Getting a copy of a wallet software's data stores. For example, wallet.dat if you're using Bitcoin core. In some wallet softwares, getting the seed string of bytes used to generate all of its addresses is sufficient.
  • Analyzing the transactions found in the blockchain. If more than one address is used as an input in a single transaction, you can assume that some entity (wallet software, person, whatever) conceivably has the private key for all of those addresses, otherwise, how could they sign that transaction. WalletExplorer.com uses this technique to join addresses together, for example, in determining the original Silk Road's big hot wallet contents. If you really want to dig deep, you can also try to guess what outputs of a transaction are being made to change addresses that are auto-generated by the originating wallet.
Ah ok - Thank you dude, that is a perfect answer and now it makes perfect sense to me. I guess I never really realized there was a difference between an "address" and a "wallet". That makes perfect sense, and also helps explain how some people have 1000 wallets with 10 btc in each. I always wondered how they would keep track of this sort of thing, seems like the ultimate pain in the ass lol.

Any word on when PoM was supposed to be back around?

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 71 times
Received Karma : 131 times

Post by Jesús Malverde »

Another boutique crypto currency? Seems like a Dopey idea. :mutley2: Oregon comes online for legal recreational sales tomorrow, California will probably fall next year. And that's just the West Coast of the US. Wait, then it's the *entire* West Coast including Alaska. The problem I see is that crypto doesn't really replace retail banking services, once the customer can use credit/debit cards at the POS everyone will be using USD like any other business. Won't they? And then there's the volatility of cryptos--it makes even routine transactions clearing over say three days into a game of craps. Someone should do one that's somehow pegged to the USD to breed the volatility out. Might still work as a stopgap until then, but people are making due with cash, some Credit Unions have been helpful here. You do read now and then about banks not appreciating bales of cash that smell like kush.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

smokebreaks
The Big Cheese
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: High Society Stoner
Has bestowed Karma : 184 times
Received Karma : 341 times

Post by smokebreaks »

But the Bloomberg story I posted referenced a bank vault that reeked of Bounce Fabric softener.
GOVERNMENT WARNING: Marijuana use can cause complex thoughts leading to better ideas of how to live your life. Caution, free thinking has been routinely reported with continued use.

Plural of Mongoose
Tank Aficionado
some karma
some karma
Custom Title: Tank Aficianado
Received Karma : 5 times

Post by Plural of Mongoose »

Ganja Is Great wrote:

Any word on when PoM was supposed to be back around?
That lil' fucker does like to take his time, eh.

I'd expect he'll be back Real Soon Now™!

Seriously though, had just a whack of emails to catch up on, and in many cases do extensive follow up on. Learning new things about quite a few new things that it looks like my old buddy Diamond was up to, that even I didn't know. :toker1:

I have yet to have any official government-type response my safe-mail.net account, and while I'm awaiting that, I'll be hanging out around here sharing and generally having fun.

If you wish to email me, please keep in mind that the safe-mail.net account is going to be monitored closely. From a throwaway account, use the zybose PGP key from just after the second email, and include an alternate email account, some random phrase, and your public key encrypted in your email. I'll return your email from a different email account, using your random phrase as the subject line. If you don't get a timely response, check your junk mail folder to make sure my response hasn't slipped in there.

I'll be back posting interesting stuff soon enough. :tup:

:gadday:

EDIT @ smokes & Haxxie: As long as the Feds regulations keep the major banks from dealing with those lovely bushels of greenbacks from the legal pot businesses, there's going to be a search for viable alternatives. That said, I agree with you inasmuch as I don't see yet another boutique alt-coin filling that need. However, we're talking about stoners here, who will buy damn near anything if its got a pot leaf on it. One can never tell when and alt-coin is going to get traction (Doge-coin, anyone?), so it is worth following along to see what happens, eh. :whistle:

SECOND EDIT @ Lrus007 below: v v v v :woohoo:
Last edited by Plural of Mongoose on Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The last fucking thing you want is my undivided attention...

Lrus007
Advanced Grower
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: hash and oil maker
Has bestowed Karma : 1113 times
Received Karma : 1742 times

Post by Lrus007 »

well he might be busy for a while.
earls herpy's were acting up so plan B.
i passed the hat for a hooker for PoM.
well did the best i could with the $7.58 i got.
enjoy you get her overnight.
Lrus007
Attachments
PoM's hooker.jpg
PoM's hooker.jpg (53.76 KiB) Viewed 6994 times
My therapist says I am a habitual liar and an attention seeker, therefore nothing I say/write is true and under no circumstances should I be believed nor held accountable for anything I say. all photo's are paintings

People are born with the instinct to fight against their own death, to struggle with their last breath against even the most unavoidable and uncompromising ends.

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by Jesús Malverde »

Posted on Reddit a few days ago:
Regarding these revelations: There is significant disinformation going around, and there is some inadvertent truths in VJ/PoM's bombshell.
1) "Diamond" is not the moniker used by the rogue LE that is in the wind. It might be now, but there were always a few others he rotated.
2) He is not FBI. He is HSI [Homeland Security Investigations].
3) He extorted and passed information to DPR (SR), Atlantis, Backopy (BMR), Defcon&DPR2 (SR2), Verto&Kimble (Evolution), and attempted to get in with Agora but no deal was struck.
4) Much has been whispered about the missing rogue agent - rumours throughout the SR trial, redacted court filings in the Benthall case, un-redacted fuckups by the DoJ in the DPR data dump, and several articles by Sarah Jeong, Andy Greenberg, Joseph Cox, etc.
5) VJ/Clark/PoM is a liar, but he knows enough to bluff enough.
|In the event this Reddit account is locked, blocked, rocked, and subpoenaed into cryogenic suspension, I may or may not be reached @ whistleblower@tutamail.com|
https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkNetMarkets ... ew/cvglt0d" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FWIW
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

Moustache
some karma
some karma
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT

Post by Moustache »

Jesús Malverde wrote:Posted on Reddit a few days ago:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkNetMarkets ... ew/cvglt0d" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FWIW
Very addictive Haxx, isn't it? :smoke:

What do you think the flute player is trying to say?

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by Jesús Malverde »

I think Whistleblower's probably bullshitting. But then PoM's in all likelihood bullshitting to some degree as well. That might even *be* PoM.

Saying
" 'Diamond' is not the moniker used by the rogue LE that is in the wind. It might be now, but there were always a few others he rotated." and "He is not FBI. He is HSI."
with no elaboration seems pretty obviously bullshit. If there were anything there to back those statements up, it'd at least have been hinted at. Instead you've got bald assertions of fact and absolutely no reason provided to believe it's either 1: true, or 2: that the person saying it there has any way of knowing that. There's nothing written there that any random person couldn't have posted up because they were bored or whatever. Please note that PoM's story is almost equally tenuous. None of his assertions of fact can apparently be empirically tested or in any way fact checked. He's provided no new provable or independently verifiable information, anyone could have constructed that story just from the rumors circulating. I couldn't even find any corroboration of his alleged "cannabis factory" bust in Surbiton, even though the local press covers similar busts as a routine matter of course although I admit I didn't spend a long time trying. Look yourself and try to find it.

https://www.google.com/search?num=100&n ... 2+surbiton" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There's precisely nothing in the press about either the bust or Clark having been arrested, charged or sentenced to time at Wandsworth. Seems a bit odd at the least does it not? Could someone be busted, tried and sentenced for a sophisticated large grow operation in your town without any mention whatever being made in the local papers or press? Zero chance of that here, that's for sure.

The treasure hunt for the allegedly missing BC from SR and the existing rumors about the other DNMs and rogue investigators could be spun into probably a thousand different and equally plausible stories. PoM's story is at least bolstered by the fact that he plausibly could perhaps have been the infamous VJ and might thus have been in a position to know this sort of stuff. "Whistleblower" doesn't even have that much authority, anyone following along could have written the stuff Whistleblower wrote. Literally almost anyone.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: eye the witch Melancholy
Has bestowed Karma : 33 times
Received Karma : 28 times

Post by bentech »

theres really been no better time than the last decade
to IMPERSONATE some little known flavor of law enforcement agency

PARTICULARLY!

to OTHER law enforcement agencies...
"we must strive to become good ancestors" nader
https://www.myplanetganja.com/viewforum.php?f=48
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

Bad Lee Driven
some karma
some karma

Post by Bad Lee Driven »

I saw a post on reddit with the words "Plural of mongoose" in the title.

LOL you guys aint dead yet?

*cheers*