A damsel in distress. Plural of Mongoose Update.

Rant and Rave about The Canna Trade.
AGD
good karma
good karma
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT
Has bestowed Karma : 1 time
Received Karma : 1 time

Post by AGD »

Neff said Clark has been granted the “extremely” rare privilege of getting daily access to the government's discovery materials while he awaits trial in federal detention.
:emp:
That evidence will extend to Clark, prosecutor Michael D. Neff of the Manhattan U.S. Attorney's Office said Tuesday, telling the judge Ulbricht's laptop contains “chat records,” “travel records” and a picture of the passport taken from Clark in Thailand.
:roll:
Neff also said the feds retrieved devices that Clark had in his possession when he was arrested, but did not comment on what was on them or whether any encrypted device had been accessed.
Do they sniff at evidence as well? :arse:

Munchy
Board Administrator
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: Golden Member
Has bestowed Karma : 470 times
Received Karma : 957 times

Post by Munchy »

oh shit... :laugh:
Prohibition is Futile Image THC will be Assimilated
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ How To Pass Drug Tests ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

OzFreelancer
some karma
some karma
Custom Title: my custom title
Received Karma : 2 times

Post by OzFreelancer »

smokebreaks wrote:
'Silk Road' Laptop Said To Have Dirt On Alleged Sidekick

Law360, New York (June 19, 2018, 9:45 PM EDT) -- A Canadian man on Tuesday denied helping incarcerated Silk Road founder Ross Ulbricht run his infamous web bazaar for illegal drugs, and a prosecutor told the Manhattan federal judge overseeing the case that the government will use chats from Ulbricht's seized laptop in its effort to convict his alleged right-hand man.

U.S. District Judge William H. Pauley III accepted a not guilty plea from Roger Thomas Clark, 56, who was extradited to New York on Friday after being in custody in Thailand since December 2015. Judge Pauley set a Sept. 20 follow-up hearing to discuss potential defense motions.

“Not guilty on all charges,” said Clark, who appeared shackled with a shaved head and wearing drab prison grab. Clark appeared to be in good spirits, smiling as he chatted quietly with his defense attorney.

Clark is accused of a slew of offenses including narcotics trafficking conspiracy, distributing narcotics by means of the internet, computer hacking conspiracy and money laundering conspiracy. He faces a lengthy prison term — a maximum of life — if convicted.

Ulbricht, the once-brash operator of Silk Road who called himself “Dread Pirate Roberts” online, was convicted of operating Silk Road in a trial before U.S. District Judge Katherine B. Forrest in February 2015. Judge Forrest sentenced Ulbricht to life in prison several months later and the Second Circuit upheld the sentence in May 2017.

Clark, like Ulbricht, has exhibited a measure of brashness. In September 2016, the tech website ARS Technica quoted the jailed Clark as saying of the feds, "They don’t have shit on me.” He apparently reasoned that investigators had not gained access to his encrypted devices.

But when the authorities arrested Ulbricht in San Francisco in October 2013, they retrieved his laptop, while still open, and imaged all of it — retrieving what they called “overwhelming” evidence.

That evidence will extend to Clark, prosecutor Michael D. Neff of the Manhattan U.S. Attorney's Office said Tuesday, telling the judge Ulbricht's laptop contains “chat records,” “travel records” and a picture of the passport taken from Clark in Thailand.

Neff also said the feds retrieved devices that Clark had in his possession when he was arrested, but did not comment on what was on them or whether any encrypted device had been accessed.

Neff said Clark has been granted the “extremely” rare privilege of getting daily access to the government's discovery materials while he awaits trial in federal detention.

“They have committed to us that they will do that,” Neff said of the authorities at the Brooklyn federal detention center, where Clark is being held.

Clark's lawyer declined to comment after the arraignment. She told Judge Pauley she needed time to review the government's case.

Clark is represented by Stephanie Carvlin.

The government is represented by Michael D. Neff, Richard Cooper and Timothy T. Howard of the Manhattan U.S. Attorney's Office.

The case is U.S. v. Clark, case number 1:15-cr-00866, in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York.

--Editing by Janice Carter Brown.
She looks like she knows what she's doing.

http://www.carvlinlaw.com/bio.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Stephanie Carvlin runs her own Manhattan-based law firm, which focuses exclusively on providing representation in federal and state criminal cases. Ms. Carvlin received her Bachelor of Arts from Hampshire College. She received her Juris Doctorate with High Honors from the University of Connecticut School of Law. After completing an appellate clerkship with the Honorable T. Clarke Hull in Connecticut, Ms. Carvlin worked as a Staff Attorney in the Appeals Bureau of the Legal Aid Society of Nassau County. Ms. Carvlin rose to Deputy Bureau Chief before leaving to serve as a Staff Attorney in the Trial Bureau of the Bronx County division of the Legal Aid Society of New York.

In 1994, Ms. Carvlin started the firm. In the past decade, she has represented individuals charged with a variety of serious federal and state criminal offenses. She has been involved in some of the most celebrated cases of the day, representing people ranging from police officers accused of misconduct to purported Mafia dons to union officials charged with corruption. She has written on a variety of subjects in the criminal law field.

I find it hard to imagine there is much on Ulbricht's computer that could definitively finger Clark as being VJ, other than circumstantial stuff that a good lawyer should be able to explain away. I'll be interested in the proceedings

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: eye the witch Melancholy
Has bestowed Karma : 33 times
Received Karma : 28 times

Post by bentech »

have we determined just who he was trying to provoke when he started posting his story here?
"we must strive to become good ancestors" nader
https://www.myplanetganja.com/viewforum.php?f=48
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

AGD
good karma
good karma

Post by AGD »

bentech wrote:have we determined just who he was trying to provoke when he started posting his story here?
[Haxxie says you faked going to jail to cover your tracks, cause you were architecting...]
I really never thought it possible that I would be in a position to have to say that no, I didn't architect anything, I was too busy being in Wandsworth fucking prison. Life, she deals you some strange curves sometimes, don't she.
Choy's Chinese Food restaurant in Surbiton, Surrey, Merry Olde England.
Johnson Specialties
I went directly from court to Wandsworth prison, pretty much a hellhole, but hey, now it was my hellhole.
Now, you're probably wondering why you had to read all this.

Blame it on Haxxie. (Now Jesús Malverde here, for all you newbs)

Haxxie wasn't being malicious, but rather was operating without all the information, and filled in the blanks from rumor and innuendo. Hey, that shit happens.

But the result was folks like Moustache come here for information, and get a skewed view of an alternate reality. The altered reality said nope, Mongoose was never in prison, it was all a ruse while he was in reality Architecting away at you know which project. Hey, Munchy sent him a letter addressed to Wandsworth Prison, and they sent it back, case fucking closed.
Case fucking closed ... :bonghitter:

Munchy
Board Administrator
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: Golden Member
Has bestowed Karma : 470 times
Received Karma : 957 times

Post by Munchy »

my bad.. :frown:

I didn't know his inmate #, nor that it was required... in fact I doubt if I even put Roger :facepalm:
Prohibition is Futile Image THC will be Assimilated
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ How To Pass Drug Tests ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

DD Ramone
good karma
good karma
Has bestowed Karma : 2 times

Post by DD Ramone »

PoM did spend a few months in a UK jail on a cultivation conviction, and since he is a Canadian national.....this led to his deportation from the UK. All of his history of illegal shenanigans around trying to steal GNLTD and an assault case that the Crown Prosecution Service paid for on his behalf to prosecute, which he then dropped at great public expense didn't encourage the UK authorities to let him stay in the UK

Nicky did tell me that he just got 'a few months', and I got the impression that that meant between 5 and 8 months.

It must have been around 2010/11 when she told me.
DD Ramone, picks his bass to the bone, he's a BLITZKRIEG BOPPER !

BagofDicks
needs karma

Post by BagofDicks »

OzFreelancer wrote:
DD Ramone wrote:
bentech wrote:any short path to putting money on his book where held?
Someone needs to go visit him and report back here about it to let us know that he's not managed to buy his way out of there.
I visited him 4 times. AMA :roll:
How optimistic did he seem about his chances in court if he got extradited? I'm assuming not good since he spent a long time fighting it.

AGD
good karma
good karma

Post by AGD »

Nothing really new , but ...
https://darknetlive.com/wp-content/uplo ... -Entry.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:smoke:

DD Ramone
good karma
good karma
Has bestowed Karma : 2 times

Post by DD Ramone »

I reckon that where that box is ticked near the bottom of that filing it says 'SPEEDY-TRIAL TIME EXCLUDED UNDER - 18 USC gabba-gabba-hey!, - until 6/19/2018, means that the right to a Speedy Trial Law didn't come into effect in his case until the 19th June, once they had him firmly ensconced in a US jail on US soil.

Before that date he was fighting extradition under the care and control of some other sovereign state (Thailand), so the Speedy Trial Act could not be enacted while all that was going on.
AGD wrote:Nothing really new , but ...
https://darknetlive.com/wp-content/uplo ... -Entry.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:smoke:
DD Ramone, picks his bass to the bone, he's a BLITZKRIEG BOPPER !