The Big Cheese
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: High Society Stoner
Has bestowed Karma : 184 times
Received Karma : 341 times

4/20 News: MyPlanetGanja

Post by smokebreaks »

Okay guys and gals. Whomever is left to read and wonder where we're going from here as the end of the year is upon us, the suspense is soon to be over. Like I said before, I haven't had much of an interest, and have basically been an absentee landlord for the past couple of years, but my life is getting back to normal and I want to revisit our efforts and work to be among the best alternative interests out there.

I have to admit that I, like Prawn, missed a lot of the banter and the discussions we used to all share.

The thread about VJ and Silk Road brought back a lot of foggy memories and recollections of good times.

A little ironic too as it was during my trip down the actual Silk Road, that the persona known as PoM and I spent discussing the very types of commodity trading systems described in detail amongst the multitude of beers and various other topics that one Christmas Eve. PoM was such an egotistical maniac he told me of his dream to sell Cannabis seeds in Harrods and wanted to be the Sir Richard Branson of Weed.

Where I grew skeptical was how the multimillionaire mastermind conveniently forgot his wallet at the first bar we went to, where we failed to be able to talk over the live band. We scurried away to the infamous Waggon and Horses and proceeded to imbibe in libations as a drunkard american tourist in an english pub will do until they turn the lights on and show you the door or tell you to rent a room. So we ventured out across the street and stumbled up the 8 flights of stairs where he proceeded to awake his ever loving from a deep slumber to meet me at 3:00am GMT whilst we awaited a cab which was summoned to return us to the Mayfair district..

The cannabis business has always been interesting to me, because it's a ripe market with a lot of growth potential, no puns intended.

This year, I'm up to try something different.

I am going to renew our bills, and domain for sure. Don't worry. We're good.

However I want to bring an offer to everyone's attention and have an open discussion about what is going to come next.

Gadabout has offered to transfer the original domain for PG.com to us.

He has also graciously offered to assist with retooling a custom skin and karma mod for our own vBulletin software and serving as our webmaster. Gad would not be in an administrative or management role, nor would he be responsible for the site operation or moderation. Simply just let Gad do what Gad's good at.

Not to slight anyone, but this is what I think the best course of action for the site would be. The basic license cost for vBulletin is about $250? When you add on all the mobile application bells and whistles and what not it, vBulletin site show it comes out to about $720.00?

http://www.vbulletin.com/en/checkout/cart/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Unless some of you want to contribute towards it and are interested in helping to sponsor the site I'd hold off on doing anything further because truthfully, over the years, I've already put well over a grand on domain name registration renewals, privacy and server costs, plus paid for a dedicated ip and a SSL certificate that we don't use... Any further expense for the oh so few people who use the site, regularly, I'd have to say is kind of foolish, when I just bought a few other new toys this month.

If you guys are serious about wanting to keep this here as is, we can. And if you want to give it a chance to grow, feel confident that we can make something better than we have now, free to send me a message and I'll pass you my PO Box or if you want to give me an email I can even send you an invoice you can pay online securely and I don't ever even need to know who you are.

I have a couple of projects to finish up that I have been neglecting while trying to get things straightened away, and we still need to find out if it's even possible to go directly from phpBB to vBulletin5, but this is what I'm thinking.

Your thoughts?
GOVERNMENT WARNING: Marijuana use can cause complex thoughts leading to better ideas of how to live your life. Caution, free thinking has been routinely reported with continued use.

Lrus007
Advanced Grower
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: hash and oil maker
Has bestowed Karma : 1111 times
Received Karma : 1741 times

Post by Lrus007 »

well smokes this is the truth. every time i have donated to a forum
it has closed with in a year. makes me noid to donate i swear.
thank you for giving us another year.
Lrus007
My therapist says I am a habitual liar and an attention seeker, therefore nothing I say/write is true and under no circumstances should I be believed nor held accountable for anything I say. all photo's are paintings

People are born with the instinct to fight against their own death, to struggle with their last breath against even the most unavoidable and uncompromising ends.

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT
Has bestowed Karma : 15 times
Received Karma : 231 times

Post by MadMoonMan »

whats on the original pg.com server you don't have now?

That one photo of me in Luxembourg dancing in a tutu while going commando was photoshopped.

I can prove it I have dated photos of the time that proves I was shaved. My ex girl friend was a freak in that way. Plus she was working at the local mortuary as an assistant anal photographer.

Ok i confessed alright? its all out in the open now. Yes I let her practice her camera work on me.

You've probably seen me in some movie stand ins but I won't name any of them besides you'd all just think we all look alike anyway.
Just because I can't spell misanthrope doesn't mean I'm completely stupid.

smokebreaks
The Big Cheese
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: High Society Stoner
Has bestowed Karma : 184 times
Received Karma : 341 times

Post by smokebreaks »

We've come along way since Killer Kricket's diatribes. or Kif Richards and the pussy liberation service
GOVERNMENT WARNING: Marijuana use can cause complex thoughts leading to better ideas of how to live your life. Caution, free thinking has been routinely reported with continued use.

jesus

Post by jesus »

If you let gad, pawn, or pom into the backroom in any fashion ur stupid.

twilson
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: nOT-a-Bob
Received Karma : 1 time

Post by twilson »

You already got a functioning website. Why "fix" what's not broke. No offense to anybody . The basic question is if the website goes through this make-over what is it gonna be able to do that it can't do now. That's the deciding fact.
If Muley can scruff along i can too.

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: eye the witch Melancholy
Has bestowed Karma : 33 times
Received Karma : 28 times

Post by bentech »

"The cannabis business has always been interesting to me, because it's a ripe market with a lot of growth potential "

"When you add on all the mobile application bells and whistles and what not..."

it sounds like the original url still gets alot of hits
this make-over will be followed by promotions of various sorts and
we will be out of the closet

the question is
what type of growths are we shooting for with this
"we must strive to become good ancestors" nader
https://www.myplanetganja.com/viewforum.php?f=48
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

Roots

Post by Roots »

Can my scotum get its own forum?
Maybe something like "Tea Time with the Scotum".....My balls have always had a dream of being the younger male version of Dr Ruth.

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 71 times
Received Karma : 131 times

Post by Jesús Malverde »

I for one think this is great. Gad's a pro that can skin up something in VBull that'll be well built, look good and hell, you're never too old for a makeover. Plus the original domain name, sure it'll probably still mostly be Ben posting left wing commie stuff but it'll just be *fresher*.

J- "If you let gad, pawn, or pom into the backroom in any fashion ur stupid." Fuck, there's nothing that wrong with Gad or Prawn, even when they were fighting like cats in a sack, shit still ran OK out front. Well, at least until it didn't. On pom, yeah you got a point. KK and Keef were funnier than hell and good writers in their own way, I hope we haven't come too far from those days, smokes.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

ninjacloakd
Karma Whore
Karma Whore
Custom Title: ~Trolling for Truth~

Post by ninjacloakd »

...... has the taint of Den Activist worn off yet? :rolleyes: :facepalm: :wink:

This place will never be PlanetGanja without Gad and the shrimp, no way it will resurrect without divine intervention. :gadday:

Sorry