Upcoming changes.

Got Ideas? Found a bug? The place to let us know what you think is here.
smokebreaks
The Big Cheese
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: High Society Stoner
Has bestowed Karma : 184 times
Received Karma : 343 times

Upcoming changes.

Post by smokebreaks »

Things are soon to be changing here at myplanetganja.

Are you all ready to finally move on?

I don't have the time or the interest in this site like I used to as you all know from my prolonged absences, but I'm not going to watch the few users we do have get run off because some people can't leave well enough alone.

I'm in negotiations with a friend in Uruguay who I am begging to take over and take this a fresh direction..

Recently, I again paid the bills for another year.

in the two weeks since, there's been more drama than I could have ever imagined.

Since my father passed last Christmas, and now, my father in law this past week, I'm beginning to see this as a wasted effort thanks to some assholes who would rather shit and piss on the people who cared about the site.

Before I watch this turn further into a place that I'm disappointed is turning to what I never wanted it to be, either we find a new admin team and transition to the new people, allowing our existing ones a break or come May 17, 2015. This all goes good bye.

I know big loss, but people who have stuck with us made this lively place by participating are now being run off which is not the path that I had envisioned, nor ever expected for the pot site with the most lax rules, ever established on the internet, would ever venture to go.

This isn't fun anymore. I know it hasn't been for a long time. I miss the fun but don't have the time to dedicate to this anymore, but I don't want to see good people get pissed and leave because the gracious hostess has had enough.

So topa, I thank you for all you have done, I appreciate your efforts, after nearly 15 years of verbal banter discussing everything from irritable bowels to disgusting guano balls, maybe it's time to just let it go?
GOVERNMENT WARNING: Marijuana use can cause complex thoughts leading to better ideas of how to live your life. Caution, free thinking has been routinely reported with continued use.

Roots

Upcoming changes.

Post by Roots »

For the record.....

I wash my balls twice a day.

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: eye the witch Melancholy
Has bestowed Karma : 33 times
Received Karma : 28 times

Upcoming changes.

Post by bentech »

is there not some way to minimize the sites features to the point it hardly needs administration?
so at least the texts is available and we could continue speaking here

id say the core members would continue on if this was cut back to just a bulliten board

im going to be lost
wont find another place
will probably give up the net entirely after this is gone
nothing left for me
"we must strive to become good ancestors" nader
https://www.myplanetganja.com/viewforum.php?f=48
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 71 times
Received Karma : 131 times

Upcoming changes.

Post by Jesús Malverde »

I don't really understand how a site with such a low volume of traffic could be a significant burden, either financially or in terms of administration. Some days accessing the site via "view new posts" only shows half a dozen or so new posts. As for the "drama", I've somehow managed to miss that. I've been globetrotting for the past month and away from the site so it's entirely possible I missed some significant episode(s). Has it all been excised from the site or do we simply have different views on what constitutes drama?
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

deran
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: time bandit
Has bestowed Karma : 63 times
Received Karma : 107 times

Upcoming changes.

Post by deran »

good morning all !

wtf !

i thought we are running hurdels .. a now , instead of mastering those 100 hurdles, we give up at 99 ?

how can we help, where to donor ? how to mod/admin ? id take some work, if needed ...

but thats all not important, at its an sissy excuse, imho ...

i see the problem deeper, actually smokes ... what did you expect in the 1st place , what were your motives when running this site, seems you arent happy with things that you cant control (leaving members and such), but hell - you cant chnage the world with a site, and you cant expect from others to be lemming like, watching it from another perspective, be proud that youve showed the ppl some new things (leaving for good of the individual)

i just dont understand, why after all these years, you give up, its not us the members, its you thats giving up ! and as far there is only 1 member and 1 admin, the site has its purpose (in an idealistic way) , god damn im having a homepage nobody is visiting, and im fine and ok with it, im paying it .. having no problems with traffic .. yeah .. no traffic problems, do you hear me .. lol .. jk , but its my baby, and some babys grow slow some faster .. and some never grow up (personally i like those best)

im like ben, i wont have a place to stay "home" and ive looked around many forums, you know it .. name it, all seen all tried .. and all been disspointing ...

maybe i should have posted last night my idea ... that i still have ... with some kilos of seeds, ready for the world .. and for free ... tell me, how should we fight monsanto, when there is no battleground?

take a time out, take a break ... a few weeks .. months, get your emotional real life straight, and dont forget ... with your post you are pushing us to those emotional corners (in not real life) where you are right now, if its just a valve, then its ok .. we all need this from time to time, but i hope for you, that one day you wont regret your actions .. in the future ... like "what if" .. you dont need those "what if" selfreflections , why ? because you have us !

take some shrooms or acid or dmt and come back tomorrow :)
awoken the right way

twilson
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: nOT-a-Bob
Received Karma : 1 time

Upcoming changes.

Post by twilson »

Complaints need to be explicit and clear. Your complaints were on the vague side smokes.

My suggestion. Stop all mod activity and just let the conversation go where it naturally wants to go. Of course you will still have to remove a few posts so you don't go awry of the law if someone threatens the life of the prez or other obvious shit.

Stop trying to control. Mods have a tendency to take a free speech site and start to try to add more and more control.

When the decision is made to pull the plug let us know ahead of time so we can link up with our buds before the curtain falls.
If Muley can scruff along i can too.

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT
Has bestowed Karma : 15 times
Received Karma : 231 times

Upcoming changes.

Post by MadMoonMan »

its a hard world to keep any kind of anounomosity.

We may be outdated my friends.

There is no longer a need for a grow database. What we have done has been appropriated and furthered. Where once there were no grow pictures and step by step instructions and questions and answers now the big boys do it. Our goal is accomplished. Spread daily grow information worldwide.

Nothing lasts forever.
Just because I can't spell misanthrope doesn't mean I'm completely stupid.

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 71 times
Received Karma : 131 times

Upcoming changes.

Post by Jesús Malverde »

OK, I understand there's been some disgruntled site spamming, maybe we could just erase all accounts that have been a problem or haven't been used and close to new members for a while until the trolls move on to their next inevitable disgruntlement. Anyone who has had problems with the moderation here will have even larger problems anywhere else, they should quickly be so busy hassling wherever they turn up at next they will have quickly forgot MPG. I trust nobody is so completely lacking in any sort of life they could maintain focus on screwing with this site for very long if it became an actual hassle to.

There's only what maybe 20 people that actually post here, we could make creating an account with posting perms subject to prior mod approval--make them write something like a cogent intro before they can post to the site. I'd be happy to screen the intros, I'm pretty hard to bullshit your way past.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Upcoming changes.

Post by MadMoonMan »

Bring joy to the world.

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Upcoming changes.

Post by MadMoonMan »

I say we pick some dumb girl stupid enough to say high to new people.. hic.

nicely....

then we all get to gangbang her depending on how many enlistees she gets signed up as a bonus and

uh watch tv or something afterwards with pizza delivery.

Guy in back yells. "dibs on Ninendo."