Turning off new post in thread email notifications?

Got Ideas? Found a bug? The place to let us know what you think is here.
WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: Turbine Powered Toker
Has bestowed Karma : 521 times
Received Karma : 217 times

Post by WhiteHotAfterburner »

Can anyone tell me how to do that? I don't see the option when I subscribe :dunno:

I do see in the "User Control Panel" where it says..."Administrators can e-mail me information:". Is that it? I didn't think so.

:rockon:,
WHAB

Uncle Duke
Karma Whore
Karma Whore
Custom Title: Res Ipsa Loquitur

Post by Uncle Duke »

Board preferences
» Edit posting defaults
somewhere inthere under your control panel theres an option for auto reply to thread or something. set that to 'no' and you should be ok.
"Where does one go from a world of insanity? Somewhere on the other side of despair." -TS Eliot

"Misanthropy develops when without art one puts complete trust in somebody thinking the man absolutely true and sound and reliable and then a little later discovers him to be bad and unreliable...and when it happens to someone often...he ends up...hating everyone." - Socrates

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Uncle Duke wrote:Board preferences
» Edit posting defaults
somewhere inthere under your control panel theres an option for auto reply to thread or something. set that to 'no' and you should be ok.

Hey Dukey :wave:

I found this in the location you pointed me to...

Notify me upon replies by default:

It is already turned off (set to "No") and I'm still getting the notifications :(

Fuck me :!: :!: :!:

I just found it here in this "Quote" "response" window....down there V V V :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Wow, now we have to go back to all of our subscribed threads and fake post to see this window to change it?

I knew I had seen it earlier but couldn't remember where I had seen it :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: Now I know why....they're hiding it :)

:crazy: :pullhair: :crazy:

:roflmao:

Take care Duke :rockon:,
WHAB

Uncle Duke
Karma Whore
Karma Whore
Custom Title: Res Ipsa Loquitur

Post by Uncle Duke »

i don't know what to tell ya WHAB, i used a fake email addy to sign up here so i don't get any kind of notification. i'm sure theres a setting somewhere. there usually is and you can always blame the weed for not being able to find it. :stoner smilie:
"Where does one go from a world of insanity? Somewhere on the other side of despair." -TS Eliot

"Misanthropy develops when without art one puts complete trust in somebody thinking the man absolutely true and sound and reliable and then a little later discovers him to be bad and unreliable...and when it happens to someone often...he ends up...hating everyone." - Socrates

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Uncle Duke wrote:i don't know what to tell ya WHAB, i used a fake email addy to sign up here so i don't get any kind of notification. i'm sure theres a setting somewhere. there usually is and you can always blame the weed for not being able to find it. :stoner smilie:

No, Duke...I found it....it's right there V V V, in this quote/response window. Watch....act like you're going to respond then look down at the list of "Options" (Disable BBCode, Disable smilies...etc.) in that window....it is 5th in the list.

I will definitely blame the weed for someone (whoever) putting it there, though :p

Take care, Duke!,
WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

I think I see what's happening now.

When you go to create a thread, or post in a thread, the "Notify me when a reply is posted" is defaulted to no check mark. But after you "Subscribe" to a thread it defaults to "Notify me when a reply is posted" checked even though you didn't select it....it puts the check in there without your input.

Is there a chance we can make it an action a member has to make instead of being automatic?

If not, that's cool too :rockon:

Take care all :wave:,
WHAB