MyPG . Where do we go from here?

Got Ideas? Found a bug? The place to let us know what you think is here.
MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT
Has bestowed Karma : 15 times
Received Karma : 231 times

Post by MadMoonMan »

3 t shirts Buds now theres some money

and #4?
jedidiah.jpg
jedidiah.jpg (5.46 KiB) Viewed 4851 times
I'd smoke it. You think my hair eyebrows and moustache jus grew this way?
Just because I can't spell misanthrope doesn't mean I'm completely stupid.

deran
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: time bandit
Has bestowed Karma : 63 times
Received Karma : 107 times

Post by deran »

roller24 wrote:
You can pretty much design and buy your own merchandise on alot of websites that allow uploads of image files. I can't plug any off hand, but they exist... on the webs.

you missed my point totally, tho i wasnt explicit enough, bc i thought you would understand the deeper message:
buying, selling, marketing, advertising .. none of it is important

strengthening (and growing) our small community is the primary idea behind it, with the help of a "real-world"-item, something that will last, something that you can touch, something real ... so "designing" and transfering parts of us (online dudes) into a material world, building a base a fundament where we ontop can grow ... grow in all directions, not just plants ;)

open your clothing cabinets and drawers, you will find hoodies and shirts that are older and have some years behind it, i bet there are lot of "pieces" that are tightly connected to your memories, at least i got some things that are already 20 years plus .. i have to admit, some are very shitty nearly tearing all up, but not the memories that they transport, like a time machine, and those are the special ones that will stay forever

on top of that - those products are very limited and exclusive .. just think of some clone only strains you cant get a hand on, those that everyone wants and nobody gets, thats the major idea behind it

and we do have some "celebrity" members that can be exploited (the positive way)
awoken the right way

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1332 times
Received Karma : 929 times

Post by Butcher Bob »

Good luck with that Roller....I don't envy the task.

Your first hurdle is FB and IG...the self-absorbed, phone using, "did anybody 'like' me yet" crowd. While, generally speaking, completely useless as content providers, they do make up the bulk of traffic. A lot of forums are struggling with this.

Next comes the thin-skins...folks that can't handle a critique, let alone insults. They will be at constant odds with the free speechers. MPG is already the site of last resort...the home for folks that get banned everywhere else. When you have individuals that say shit like "Happy cancer, hope you die", you can't expect others to stick around.

And then you have mixing politics with weed...a troubled mixture at best.

Not sure how you can take these aspects into consideration and arrive at a happy medium. Personally, I'm fine with search engine connects as an option, but am unsure aboot the usefulness of other methods.

Never the less, I wish you well in your endeavor. :)

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 71 times
Received Karma : 131 times

Post by Jesús Malverde »

I'm cool with it as the near moribund site it has been for the past several years. I'd also be cool with it being used as the object of some promotional experimentation. I help some friends grow, but I don't any more. The weed in the shops is mostly better than i can grow outdoors, and I never wanted to grow weed indoors.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 420 times
Received Karma : 517 times

Post by Prawn Connery »

If you really want to boost traffic, go talk to Gad and stroke his ego a bit.

Ooh, deja vu.
Licensed to Krill

StillBorn
some karma
some karma

Post by StillBorn »

deja not. you'd be better off starting a whole new site and not inviting some of these "members" of this group to come with you. worse than albatrosses, unless albatrosses also suck the life out of the host. by members i mean dickheads.

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 15 times
Received Karma : 231 times

Post by MadMoonMan »

Dickheads is why we have the shark tank.
Just because I can't spell misanthrope doesn't mean I'm completely stupid.

StillBorn
some karma
some karma

Post by StillBorn »

no dickheads is why you have a site with no people on it.

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 420 times
Received Karma : 517 times

Post by Prawn Connery »

Which begs the obvious question: if you're not a dickhead, why are you here? :rolleyes:
Prawn Connery wrote:If you really want to boost traffic, go talk to Gad and stroke his ego a bit.

Ooh, deja vu.
I may just have had my tongue ever-so-slightly in cheek when I wrote that. Once upon a time, this place (in another incarnation) had a fair bit of traffic. Then, it disappeared for apparently no reason. You can't blame anyone for not wanting to go through that again. That's not pointed at smokes and roller, BTW, but merely the fact that after PG was pulled, no-one much felt like wasting their time and energy posting grow threads etc on a site with a pot-holed history of continuity. That it still exists today is down to the dedication of the aforementioned.

I can't see MPG ever being a serious grow site - not with all the other sites around these days; and certainly not given its track record (sorry, but the momentum was lost years ago through no fault of those who continued the legacy). So I guess the $64,000 question is: what do you all want this site to be?

That's not really for me to answer, but you could start by asking Gad if the offer is still open to not just re-route planetganja.com, but hand the domain back unconditionally - I wouldn't touch it otherwise. If he still wants to help out on top of that, well that's up to smokes and roller (caveat emptor blah blah and all that).

I'd ditch the landing page and route straight to the forums. You wanna be a political pot site? Run a canna news ticker - that would at least be a start and maybe pull a few punters in from search engines and stir up a bit more debate (maybe).

Other than that, I'm really not sure what else MPG has to offer over other sites other than a bit of nostalgia for a dwindling number of OG refugees.
Licensed to Krill

deran
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: time bandit
Has bestowed Karma : 63 times
Received Karma : 107 times

Post by deran »

Prawn Connery wrote:If you really want to boost traffic, go talk to Gad and stroke his ego a bit.

Ooh, deja vu.
you cant be serious :loony:
awoken the right way