Aeroponics/continous....EC/PPM levels

For the hydro-heads
JapanFreak

Post by JapanFreak »

WhiteHotAfterburner wrote: You think it's all about you, still... :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:...
Like I said, one month nothing. I make one post and you're here. I think that makes you my bitch. :mrgreen:

bluebud
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo
Custom Title: I don,t believe it

Post by bluebud »

WhiteHotAfterburner wrote:
JapanFreak wrote:What I love about this thread is that the thread starter asked the question about a month ago (I wasn't here) and nobody bothered to help him. The second I answer it Whab shows up, because he thought he could catch me in something, some kind of bad grow advice or some kind of dishonesty. So typical Whab, just typical.

If you haven't noticed, I haven't been in the grow threads for some time now. It's a bit depressing for me to be in here seeing as it is I'm not growing (which, coincidentally, I've done before).

I tipped my toe in about a week ago. Maybe before your miraculous rebirth (Saint Jap?) :oops: :puke: (I'm pretty certain it was, but can't be arsed to go look for it for your sake :puke:).

You think it's all about you, still... :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:...

typical, just so, so typical...

(hey ace. Shouldn't you have advised him to procure a meter? Since he ISN'T growing "Hempy". Huh, ace?)

I'd also like to add. I don't like Rockwool. I especially don't' like Rockwool in a continuously saturated state. But, that's just me and it may work fine for you, blue.

I presumed you had meters (a meter), blue. Do you?

:oops:,
WHAB
Yes, whabby I have a ph/ec/ppm all in one. I take readings twice a day. I must say I do like the rockwool even though in theary I don't much care for the rockwool saturated all the time.Still roots get a great amount of oxygen
What doesn't kill ya makes you stronger

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: Turbine Powered Toker
Has bestowed Karma : 521 times
Received Karma : 217 times

Post by WhiteHotAfterburner »

bluebud wrote:
WhiteHotAfterburner wrote:
JapanFreak wrote:What I love about this thread is that the thread starter asked the question about a month ago (I wasn't here) and nobody bothered to help him. The second I answer it Whab shows up, because he thought he could catch me in something, some kind of bad grow advice or some kind of dishonesty. So typical Whab, just typical.

If you haven't noticed, I haven't been in the grow threads for some time now. It's a bit depressing for me to be in here seeing as it is I'm not growing (which, coincidentally, I've done before).

I tipped my toe in about a week ago. Maybe before your miraculous rebirth (Saint Jap?) :oops: :puke: (I'm pretty certain it was, but can't be arsed to go look for it for your sake :puke:).

You think it's all about you, still... :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:...

typical, just so, so typical...

(hey ace. Shouldn't you have advised him to procure a meter? Since he ISN'T growing "Hempy". Huh, ace?)

I'd also like to add. I don't like Rockwool. I especially don't' like Rockwool in a continuously saturated state. But, that's just me and it may work fine for you, blue.

I presumed you had meters (a meter), blue. Do you?

:oops:,
WHAB
Yes, whabby I have a ph/ec/ppm all in one. I take readings twice a day. I must say I do like the rockwool even though in theary I don't much care for the rockwool saturated all the time.Still roots get a great amount of oxygen

I'm glad to hear you have a meter.... :rockon:

My problem with Rockwool is rooted (pun intended :) ) in that algae thrives in it. Also, I've seen plants with stem-rot where Rockwool was used....right at the top of the block where the stem protrudes up from it. Just keep a good eye on it as you progress.

If it were me, I would use, and I recommend, Coco blocks.

Good luck with your Green!

Take care, blue!,
WHAB

JapanFreak

Post by JapanFreak »

Coco blocks in what is essentially a dwc system with a mister for early root growth? That makes no sense to me.

A Bloke Down The Pub
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Shaman to the Gentry

Post by A Bloke Down The Pub »

WhiteHotAfterburner wrote:My problem with Rockwool is rooted (pun intended :) ) in that algae thrives in it. Also, I've seen plants with stem-rot where Rockwool was used....right at the top of the block where the stem protrudes up from it. Just keep a good eye on it as you progress.
You can stop the algae by covering the top of the block with double sided black/white plastic sheet. Just cut a circle and make a slit into the centre... slips on like a collar (white side up). :tup:
Never had problems with stem rot myself, but I can see how it might happen.

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

A Bloke Down The Pub wrote:
WhiteHotAfterburner wrote:My problem with Rockwool is rooted (pun intended :) ) in that algae thrives in it. Also, I've seen plants with stem-rot where Rockwool was used....right at the top of the block where the stem protrudes up from it. Just keep a good eye on it as you progress.
You can stop the algae by covering the top of the block with double sided black/white plastic sheet. Just cut a circle and make a slit into the centre... slips on like a collar (white side up). :tup:
Never had problems with stem rot myself, but I can see how it might happen.

Hey Bloke!

Yes, thanks for the tip on the Poly...I've used it that way too. I would recommend that blue use it as you suggest....it is a great tip. That it, Rockwool, is prone to algae growth is what turns me off on it. It just stays soooooo sopping wet all of the time....in systems that keep it wet. IF I had no alternative I would use it, but if I had my druthers I'd use Coco blocks.

Here's to keepin it Green, Bloke :beercheer:

Take care, too!,
WHAB

JapanFreak

Post by JapanFreak »

That's dandy Whab, once again what has coco got to do with his system?

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

JapanFreak wrote:That's dandy Whab, once again what has coco got to do with his system?

IF I had the slightest desire to discuss it with you....I would have...

I won't be repeating myself....get it?

WHAB

JapanFreak

Post by JapanFreak »

Yeah man, I get that you have almost no hydro experience and are giving this person bad advice because of it. Is it too hard for you to just stick to things you know? Like redneck shit?

JapanFreak

Post by JapanFreak »

fefifoefum wrote:
FullySikMate wrote:Who the hell uses dolomite lime in hydro anyways

Whats wrong with potassium hydroxide and potassium carbonate ph up
Thats little league shit I wont explain do your homework....
Nobody uses it in hydro. What pH do you think you're shooting for in hydro? 7?