Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1332 times
Received Karma : 944 times

Renewable energy?....not so renewable.

Post by Butcher Bob »

Prawn Connery wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 10:34 pm
In many ways nuclear energy is one of (if not) the cleanest forms of energy...

One day technology will catch up and we'll probably figure out what to do...

Battery technology will evolve and lithium will likely be replaced...

The moral of the story is, you have to start somewhere.

Plastics are the biggest form of petrochemical pollution. I do hope one day we can replace them...
Man....the fukking copium you ooze. :p

Ben nailed the first point...
rSin wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 10:59 pm
nuclear is NEVER a clean options.
Did we ever get the Three Mile Island disaster all cleaned up? :whistle: No, we did not...

Is Three Mile Island Still Radioactive and Is It Operating Today?
https://www.newsweek.com/three-mile-isl ... ix-1703444

44 years ago today: A near-disaster at Three Mile Island
https://www.fox43.com/article/news/loca ... a8679c527e

Turns out, we didn't know what we were doing then, and still don't. We fail to heed the warnings, and even worse shit occurs...Chernobyl...Fukushima. Are those cleaned up yet?...what's the target date for complete clean up?

While we're scarring the face of the planet with petroleum burning machinery for that lithium, burning more oil to ship it, and even more fossil fuels for production, making a lot of shit folks don't really need, just to dispose of it later in a problematic manner...let me ask you some questions...
Does lithium spontaneously combust?...would that be a problem?...do you have a solution if that is the case?...or would you rather just plod along without thinking things through?

We had the solution for plastics when they were invented...petroleum or hemp...and which did we pick? We already have the solution, so why are we still not doing it?

How aboot we START with developing effective methods to deal with the waste an industry will churn out...BEFORE we start creating those problems. :wink:
roller24 wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 8:48 am
Over the years the US has made great strides in developing clean energy, and modern technology to improve air and water quality...

All while ironically fully supporting the country of China that seems to have little regard for environmental issues...
Are you sure aboot the cleanliness?
Seeing as I live in the world's largest freshwater aquafer, I tend to notice the environmental studies concerning it.
Did you know...
- A study was done in every state and Canadian province that borders at least one great lake...every rainwater sample taken had PFAS chemicals in them.
- A study was done around the shorelines of all the great lakes, and their tributaries...every soil sample taken contained microplastics.
- In a recent proposal for an additional landfill fee to generate revenue for the state, it was revealed that 85% of revenues generated would be from out-of-state sources...polluting the world's largest water source for money.
:facepalm:

I'm all for a better way....but is it really better if we've discounted future costs? :dunno:

ripper5
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 2224 times
Received Karma : 1646 times

Post by ripper5 »

^I used to pick up loads of Heinz products near the Harrisburg Airport, near Three Mile Island. That was about twenty years ago. Always wondered about the leftover poison

deran
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: time bandit
Has bestowed Karma : 63 times
Received Karma : 107 times

Post by deran »

yeah Intrinsic, energy cant be lost, we need better semantics for most dummies out there
awoken the right way

roller24
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 335 times
Received Karma : 496 times

Post by roller24 »

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1876 times
Received Karma : 1614 times

Post by Intrinsic »

So you think renewable energy main intended reason is to combat global warming? That is reduced greenhouse gas emissions.

I hope Bob is in agreement with me that his thread is about enegy being less renewable because of the finite resources to utilize.

I'll second Bob sentiment of stupid species.
I'll add, and we've got to trust the math.

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1332 times
Received Karma : 944 times

Post by Butcher Bob »

Intrinsic wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 2:50 pm
I hope Bob is in agreement with me that his thread is about enegy being less renewable because of the finite resources to utilize.

I'll second Bob sentiment of stupid species.
Very close. Add in the disdain for putting associated costs onto future generations, and it's perfectly accurate. :)

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by Intrinsic »

Added.

Lrus007
Advanced Grower
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: hash and oil maker
Has bestowed Karma : 1136 times
Received Karma : 1787 times

Post by Lrus007 »

ok if we covered all land mass and oceans with solar panels
and wind farms. there would still not be enough power for
the world. simple facts.
Attachments
ENVIRONMENT (21).jpg
My therapist says I am a habitual liar and an attention seeker, therefore nothing I say/write is true and under no circumstances should I be believed nor held accountable for anything I say. all photo's are paintings

People are born with the instinct to fight against their own death, to struggle with their last breath against even the most unavoidable and uncompromising ends.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by Intrinsic »

I'm about ready to pull out my calculator cuz that sounds like total bullshit.

But first...
The planet is literally nothing but a solar capturing panel and has been sustaining life on this planet for several billion years. But of course if it was covered in solar panels we won't be able to grow food from the sunlight or make oxygen. So technically it wouldn't be enough. we have to generate enough electricity to Electrolysis water for oxygen and artificial light to grow food.

Lrus007
Advanced Grower
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: hash and oil maker
Has bestowed Karma : 1136 times
Received Karma : 1787 times

Post by Lrus007 »

ask sally to help . she seems good at math.
My therapist says I am a habitual liar and an attention seeker, therefore nothing I say/write is true and under no circumstances should I be believed nor held accountable for anything I say. all photo's are paintings

People are born with the instinct to fight against their own death, to struggle with their last breath against even the most unavoidable and uncompromising ends.