poppy thread

The place to throw about unorthodox ideas related to gardening.
twilson
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: nOT-a-Bob
Received Karma : 1 time

poppy thread

Post by twilson »

Kinda looks like ordinary grass popping up at the beginning of spring.

At this stage you got nothing that should attract attention from Johnny Law .
If Muley can scruff along i can too.

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT
Has bestowed Karma : 15 times
Received Karma : 231 times

poppy thread

Post by MadMoonMan »

I'm interested in getting whatever medication I might need to stay away from the "government" as much as possible in case I should ever have to cut my own gangrene leg off. Since I can't depend on them.

My current contingency is lots of vodka. Which is bad if your doing your own surgery.

Reminds me of the story where the get gets shipwrecked on a deserted island with no food but pounds and pounds and pounds of heroin.

He eats himself while numbing the pain to stay alive.

He's down to mostly nubs and no ship in sight.

"Ok" he looks down and says to himself. "All this sitting around your getting a little fat around the waist."
Just because I can't spell misanthrope doesn't mean I'm completely stupid.

twilson
Karma God
Karma God

poppy thread

Post by twilson »

It's been a while.

They making any progress. I've been talking to a few people about growing poppies and they have all been extremely interested. That doesn't mean they are ready to grow their own but it's an important plant that has had a big impact on humans so people are curious.

twilson
Karma God
Karma God

poppy thread

Post by twilson »

MadMoonMan wrote:A dangerous web

How close can you get to the black gravitational hole and walk away?
Ha. Best metaphor for opium I've ever heard.

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 70 times
Received Karma : 131 times

poppy thread

Post by Jesús Malverde »

Last time I looked my local nursery had somniferum seeds in the rack labeled as Danish Flag or Paeoniflorum poppies. They are both opium poppies that are potent and like other ornamental somniferums, both will after ten years or so atavistically revert gradually back to specie types--pale pink or purplish with maroon spots on each petal. Easiest fucking plant to grow ever that's not an actual weed, even makes cannabis (which is pretty fucking easy) look difficult. If you know what they look like you will find them growing in yards all over your town, an extremely common plant to see in most places. Seed can be purchased in bulk cheaply online from hundreds of sources, buy a couple of ounces (or pounds for a big yard) and just broadcast it in your flower beds in the spring and that's all you'll need to do. It's an annual but it'll self sow and keep coming back if you just let it. Don't try to make opium yourself, it's a lot of work and wasteful. Once the pods dry shake the seeds out onto the ground or into a contained to sow next spring and keep the empty pods and grind them into powder in a coffee grinder and make tea from it. You'll get about 10x more effect per plant than you would slashing the pods and collecting and drying the latex.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

poppy thread

Post by Jesús Malverde »

And I'll add that if you possess even the tiniest hint of self-control, you'll never become addicted. Just don't get high on them more often than every week or two and you'll never have to worry about becoming addicted or even developing a tolerance.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

Lrus007
Advanced Grower
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: hash and oil maker
Has bestowed Karma : 1084 times
Received Karma : 1699 times

poppy thread

Post by Lrus007 »

i only have tea for fun 1-2 times a year.
add another 3-4 times for migraine's a year.
then smoke opium 2-3 times a year.
that is about it except the first 3 poppys i lance
every year i lick them. that's about it. read some
bad storys about tea heads that were hooked bad.
so if you try it be wise.
Lrus007
ps there still tiny but when rain let's off will take photo.
My therapist says I am a habitual liar and an attention seeker, therefore nothing I say/write is true and under no circumstances should I be believed nor held accountable for anything I say. all photo's are paintings

People are born with the instinct to fight against their own death, to struggle with their last breath against even the most unavoidable and uncompromising ends.

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

poppy thread

Post by Jesús Malverde »

The tea can also be used in place of prescription pain pills. The tea from two large seed pods is a typical dose for pain. It's ridiculous to pay a doctor to write a script for expensive pills some asshole billionaire is getting rich on when you can get the same relief free from a plant that grows like a weed in your yard.

Lots of Punjabi immigrants in Lower Mainland BC are poppy tea addicts, but if you don't make a habit of using it you'll never need to worry about it.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

twilson
Karma God
Karma God

poppy thread

Post by twilson »

Jesús Malverde wrote:The tea can also be used in place of prescription pain pills. The tea from two large seed pods is a typical dose for pain. It's ridiculous to pay a doctor to write a script for expensive pills some asshole billionaire is getting rich on when you can get the same relief free from a plant that grows like a weed in your yard.

Lots of Punjabi immigrants in Lower Mainland BC are poppy tea addicts, but if you don't make a habit of using it you'll never need to worry about it.
I've had the Murphy's law experience. Not the theory.

Remember M. Emmet Walsh's speech at the beginning of " Blood Simple" ? I live by those words because I have experienced them. Not just read about them. You need to be aware that EVERYTHING can go wrong in the worst possible way.

Thanks for the info on obtaining seed. Thats just what I was looking for.

Lrus007
Advanced Grower
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: hash and oil maker
Has bestowed Karma : 1084 times
Received Karma : 1699 times

poppy thread

Post by Lrus007 »

a few photo's
Lrus007
Attachments
DSCN1849.JPG
DSCN1848.JPG
My therapist says I am a habitual liar and an attention seeker, therefore nothing I say/write is true and under no circumstances should I be believed nor held accountable for anything I say. all photo's are paintings

People are born with the instinct to fight against their own death, to struggle with their last breath against even the most unavoidable and uncompromising ends.