Substrates even UB can learn about :) ---digression split

For the hydro-heads
PGs GossipGrrl™
Karma Whore
Karma Whore

Post by PGs GossipGrrl™ »

Well I was reading JF-temp Hempy thread, and since it was drifting OT, thought I'd make it more choatic to move stuff around...PG style. Yeah, u kin put me on ignore just like keenkutter did on PG, cause both he &UB got upset with me rockin the boat, not following the herd mentality of UB thread 'followers' in the Veg section of the old PG, lol <Smotty too

So I was reading through UB's Phosphorous thread on RIU (where he being the old fart that continually needs external validation, brings up his old OG sticky threads that had "over 150k views' , not 2 mention on OpG he once again, touts that his sticky threads on RiU, after shameless plug/links to them, have x # of views) and I see UB spent more than an hour reading through this link on an orchid site. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Guess UB is getting really bad with his memory in advancing age...maybe those spinout™ trace amounts of copper ions are doing a number on his brain that the blood tests can't show...wow, that would be a shocker :D.

For UB forgot (conveniently bc it doesn't prop up his ego/neediness :p ) about the 'other' orchid link I provided that has the same info from Bill Argo, same guy who helped develop the MSU orchid low P formula's.

That link UB, here it is again, lots of useful info:

http://www.firstrays.com/free_info.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.firstrays.com/nutrition.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

^4 arb, juicy, etc. d/l the 'substrates' pdf link, *read* it and weep :). examples juicy? of substrates vs 'media' semantics?

xtra link needed:

http://www.greenhousegrower.com/magazine/?storyid=47" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When an acidic fertilizer solution was applied to the impatiens grown in the different media, pH of the rockwool medium tended to be higher than for the other media. In all media, however, the pH dropped very quickly to a low of about 4 (Figure 2) regardless of the CEC of the media.

When shoot-tissue calcium was tested after four, eight, 12 or 17 weeks of growth, there was little difference between plants grown in the media with low CEC (rockwool perlite) or relatively high CEC (consumer grade peat/perlite). The media-CEC therefore did not act as a buffer to nutrient levels available for plant uptake.

The conclusion of these and other experiments was that CEC from peat has little or no effect on either pH management or calcium and magnesium management in container grown crops.
After a while, people are just going to ignore it, like I did, like I do most TV commercials.

PGs GossipGrrl™
Karma Whore
Karma Whore

Post by PGs GossipGrrl™ »

post continued, dumbarse 5 url limit

And here's the post section from the RIU UB sticky thread, lol <edit, well crap, Y isn't it a sticky yet? UB is a needy man>:

http://www.staugorchidsociety.org/culturewater.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

^think UB, I know U do better @it than JF, but remember those same 5 part pdf's in the link u provided, came from the link I provided on the old PG, when we were 'debating' ...so long ago, memory fading :D.

http://www.rollitup.org/marijuana-plant ... om-30.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I spent an hour or so this morning going over every part of this excellent ditty which included pondering over my water and soil analyses. It is worth printing in case it's taken down. I don't think I've seen a better, more concise approach to plant nutrition. Enjoy.....
http://www.staugorchidsociety.org/culturewater.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If the 30-10-10 doesn't green 'em up, something's wrong. Won't happen overnight, but it will happen if you have a decent root system capable of uptake.

UB
Geez, UB, it's been up 4 yrs now, probably won't go down unless Ray decides to retire or dies....ya never know :p

Sorry to see U need to spend over an hour to re-read what had already been provided 4 U on PG a couple of years ago. Ah but UB has his ego, and he boneheaded stubborn, old dog doesn't learn new tricks if it's not something he can be given credit 4 :roflmao:

The Legend of UB massaging his Ego, deja vu :p
After a while, people are just going to ignore it, like I did, like I do most TV commercials.

Perfect Haze
good karma
good karma
Custom Title: Fucking Poorly Cunt

Post by Perfect Haze »

no way legends never die eh

JapanFreak

Post by JapanFreak »

I got through a few lines.

nobodyknew
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot
Custom Title: Intangibles Inc.
Has bestowed Karma : 8 times
Received Karma : 6 times

Post by nobodyknew »

Fuck UB
Everyone forgotten those bags of horrible bud that looked more like leaf and tip than buds.......
And he was so fucking proud of them as well
Fucking tool........ :roll:
Even his famous avatar pic has a fucking wheelbarrow underneath it.......
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime,somewhere someone said to themselves
"You know - I really want to set those people over there on fire but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." George Carlin R.I.P

FAGjack
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: ~Marijuanero~
Has bestowed Karma : 1 time
Received Karma : 1 time

Post by FAGjack »

:uben:

where is he? :lol:

J.D.
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot

Post by J.D. »

FAGjack wrote::uben:

where is he? :lol:

RIU the last time I was there.

J.D.
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot

Post by J.D. »

nobodyknew wrote:Fuck UB
Everyone forgotten those bags of horrible bud that looked more like leaf and tip than buds.......
And he was so fucking proud of them as well
Fucking tool........ :roll:
Even his famous avatar pic has a fucking wheelbarrow underneath it.......

I will say one thing for U.B. and that is he sent me a bunch of beans of crosses he made and they were all very good. It has been a few years so I couldn’t tell anyone what the crosses were but he did well. The plants grew well and were healthy and they were potent. The only beans I got from him that did not germ all that well were a number of Mexican sativas that he got from someone else and even then the problem was one of my own making. I kept them in the bottom drawer of my fridge and something leaked into it and turned into a nasty looking goo before I noticed it and the small bag they were in wasn’t sealed well and some of the goo got in and about half of the Mexican sativa beans that were left wouldn’t pop, but before that all of them did.

When it comes to knowing plants I know some people don’t think he knows all that much but when it comes to general plant knowledge, meaning plants of all types and not only cannabis plants, and he writes about how plants perform certain tasks and what they need etc. he pretty much hits the nail on the head. His nursery experience has taught him a lot and a lot of it I know is accurate because I learned much of the same things. I have four family members with degrees in botany and we own a nursery, trees and bushes, not plants or runny nosed kids in diapers, and while I am only an investor in the business being around them a lot and helping out there a time or two a year if needed and always being kept up to date on things I have picked up a good bit of info that way and many times things U.B. wrote something that darn near word for word matched what I had already heard from one or more of my family members.

He knows more than people give him credit for is what I am saying.

We don’t agree on every single thing, like his liking Griffin’s Spin-Out. I like the idea of root pruning, it works very well but I do not like the copper hydroxide part and feel better with the idea of air root pruning and feel better with something like the RootMaker pot or Superoots Air-Pot but on the basic idea of air pruning roots we agree. We use the Griffin’s Spin-Out at our nursery and it works great but even though U.B. says its safe for people I just don’t feel totally comfortable about it for anything that is consumed in some way or another.