Not enough smell or potency

For the hydro-heads
bluebud
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo
Custom Title: I don,t believe it

Post by bluebud »

I am having a little problem with My White Widow. It flowers nice. Big white buds with red throughout. However I am not getting the potency or smell that comes with this strain. I am using GH products but I feel that I might not be giving enough nutrient to them. Ph is 5.8 to 6.2. I use a aquamist system Please help! :?: I am using clones that I brought up from seed. I am following the guide on the GH bottle for nutrient amount. I got the seeds from an amsterdam co. but I beleive they may have sent low grade seed. (SOG)
Last edited by bluebud on Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
What doesn't kill ya makes you stronger

bluebud
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo

Post by bluebud »

thanks for the reply(mate) your the only one that has. Go Gunners(Arsenal)

bubbabush
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: 6% Neandertal

Post by bubbabush »

I am having a little problem with My White Widow. It flowers nice. Big white buds with red throughout. However I am not getting the potency or smell that comes with this strain
WW's a disappointing strain. Do you enhance your CO2 level? I'd say that I use about 1/3 of the recommended food concentration, about 800ppm after I read Ed saying "I've yet to see an underfed hydro garden."

~O~
::-'--O Homophobia:Man's Fear of Being Treated As He Treats Women O--'-::

bluebud
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo

Post by bluebud »

bubbabush i kept nutrients very low about less that 1/2 of what was reccomended by GH. I agree it is a very bad strain to grow. In hydro anyway. And no I don't believe in buying co2 there are plenty of ways to get good air.I have had this strain at 1000 to 1600 ppm. I thought they were underfed.I wrote to Ed but no response yet. thanks

J.D.
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot

Post by J.D. »

The thing with “White Widow” is there is like 25 different knockoffs of “White Widow” that I know of, 26 if you count Doggies Nuts White Widow #1, and then there is the real White Widow that as I am sure most if not all here know was renamed Black Widow and that comes from Mr. Nice Seeds. It’s the original Shantibaba White Widow so if someone wants the real thing, that’s what they have to purchase. Its like if someone wants to grow the original White Rhino they need to purchase Mr. Nice Medicine Man. If not they have a knockoff.

Its not as if all knockoffs are bad, two White Widow knockoffs have won Cups, Dutch Flowers White Widow won the 2nd Place Cup in the Bio division of the 1995 Cannabis Cup finishing right behind the original White Widow that then took the overall cup the same year and then Dread Rock took 3rd place in the Bio division of the 1998 Cannabis Cup competition. But if someone wants to purchase say a true Cup Winner they need to purchase the Real McCoy genetics that won or else they will likely be at least somewhat disappointed in the end.

I always get a kick out of threads on sites like this when someone mentions “White Widow” and then people comment on it, give advice etc. but they never seem to first ask whose “White Widow” is actually being grown. Its like they all assume it’s the same genetics or at least close enough that what works for one will work equally well for another.

Considering the differences in them it is not a one size fits all named strain in that “White Widow” can really vary from one breeder to another in genetic makeup. Some are mostly indica and some are mostly sativa so what works the best for one is not assured of working equally well for another.